Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups fingerling potatoes, chunked
- 2 jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups fresh spinach, thinly sliced
- freshly ground pepper
Place the first 7 ingredients in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Add the corn, mix well and cook an additional 15 minutes. Stir in the spinach 5 minutes before the soup is done. Add some pepper to taste, if desired.
Hint: To spice this up a bit more, let each person add some hot sauce to taste before eating. If you can't find fingerling potatoes, use Yukon Gold or red potatoes and chop them into bite sized chunks.