Superbowl food?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Superbowl food?

Postby f1jim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:19 am

My Superbowl food was lot's of cauliflower bites and Jeff's burgers.
Yours?
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Re: Superbowl food?

Postby hazelrah » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:27 am

Between Superbowl City and going through the metal detector covered in sweat from my lunch jog last week, I was kind of over the superbowl this year. I had my usual "huaraches," 2 corn toortillas, beans & rice with cheese sauce in the 3rd quarter. We had a bigger time of it last year with TerriNC's Nacho recipe and FFV Buffalo cauliflower bites, but it was just the two of us this year so we were low key.

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby vgpedlr » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:29 am

I usually make healthy multi layer nachos, although with a little richness from the avocado. Can't have the big game without it. I was by myself this year, so I kept it simple. Chili cheese fries. Blend a can of black beans with 1/2 C salsa, then heat up on the stove adjusting the seasoning as needed. Made a vegan cheese sauce and smothered some baked oven fries.
vgpedlr

Postby f1jim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:41 am

We also did the baked oven fries. You and Mark should have come over with your food and we could have made a super party of it.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Ltldogg » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:46 am

2 cups cooked brown rice, 1 cup each steamed spinach, carrots and mushrooms.

Delicious! :)

Scott
Ltldogg

Postby figlover » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:01 pm

I had some friends here for the first time with preteens. Made Jeff Burgers for them and they sprinkled some smashed potato chips on them that they had smuggled in. Well, if thats what in takes then sprinkle away! They smuggled in some other unmentionables too but they talked about the burgers incessantly till they left, mostly about fiber and how it would help move things along.
I forum here cause I have no where else to go.
figlover

Postby EvanG » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:26 pm

Rice and beans, brussels sprouts, bok choy, some guac and a few chips, and beer.
-----
Started in June 2012 at 39
Lost 25 lbs. Feel great.
EvanG

Postby WyldMoonWoman » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:35 pm

Do you really want to know? I was out with my family being the tour guide and we ate out all day...all meals

Breakfast at Posh Bagels in Menlo Park...toasted sesame bagel with avocado and veggies (no cheese or oils)

Orange slices at the farmers market

Medjool dates and 1/2 banana in the car under the Golden Gate Bridge.

Iced espresso with sugar in Sausalito by the water

Superbowl at Sweetwater Music Hall in Mill Valley (Bob Weir's bar) Two bloody mary's, vegan summer roll, portabella slider, chopped kale salad...lots of oil

After-party at Terrapin Crossroads in Santa Rosa (Phil Lesh's bar) They have farm-to-market food...sweet potato latke with applesauce, cauliflower steak with a lovely date/raisin sauce and Brussels Sprouts...some more oil

I ate a lot...had a blast...it was a lovely holiday!
All Love, All the Time
Lisa
WyldMoonWoman

Postby healthyvegan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:39 am

This was my contribution to Super Bowl food :) Some special additions, I baked some hominy covered with spices & panko & tried some Neat vegan meat, which is just garbanzo & pecans (high fat, but just a crumble)

mrmrsvegan.com free whole starch low fat cookbook #wslf
healthyvegan

Return to The Lounge