Ichy rash on body

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Ichy rash on body

Postby tessa » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:11 pm

My husband has an itchy rash on his body which is keeping him awake at night with severe itching.
Can anyone offer a diet to get rid of it. He has had it for 4 years and it is driving him mad.
tessa

Re: Ichy rash on body

Postby Daydream » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:53 pm

Tessa, a rash can be miserable. Your husband has probably already seen a dermatologist and if that didn't help, I would try McDougall's elimination diet:

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/i ... tion-diet/
Daydream

Re: Ichy rash on body

Postby debknott » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:25 am

I used to have enormous problems with itchy rashes all over. It got so bad that I would sometimes have bleeding (not from scratching, just from the irritation to my skin.) I learned that my skin problems were caused by fabric softeners, primarily, but also by fragrances and other add-ins in laundry products. I had to stop fabric softeners altogether, and I had to undergo a long search for washing products that my skin would tolerate.

Here's what finally works for me: Charlie's Soap laundry detergent to which I add some Borax and some STPP (sodium tripolyphosphate). The Borax and STPP both help the Charlie's Soap work better. Where one usually puts in fabric softener I put in citric acid powder and some white vinegar. This helps everything to rinse out of the clothing and leaves them slightly softer.

For a while, I washed my husband's clothing with regular laundry products, but I started reacting again. My dermatologist said that I needed to use my mix ONLY in all washes, as just the remnant of the regular products was enough to set off my skin.

So now my skin is happy!

Your husband's problem may come from a different source, but laundry products could very well be his problem too.
debknott

Return to Health Issues