RE Long term 'Leaky gut' issues and looking for help.

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

RE Long term 'Leaky gut' issues and looking for help.

Postby CarbEnjoyer » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:14 am

Hi,

I've had a serious battle with 'leaky gut' for over a decade...having healed it to a degree but then fallen down again thanks to stress, and mostly of the rather evil 'lockdowns' that were imposed on us.

I'm a former True north patient and while it helped me I cannot afford to stay there long enough. I am looking for help, basically, if anyone knows where to look. I suppose I need a housekeeper or 'maid' who can cook to McDougall sort of standards (no oil / meat / dairy) and help me get back on my feet. I am on a limited budget in terms of what I can afford to pay such a person as of course, the government / NHS here in the UK don't recognize my condition.

I am entirely unsure now of what even works. I eat an 'elimination diet' of potato carrots and greens with sea salt (which drives me nuts) but then I get constipated, sick and unable to sleep, even on that...so I end up losing my patience and comfort eating. I no longer progress.and during those periods of frustration unless I have support from someone helping me cook, or emotional support, I can easily spiral out of control.

I guess I am looking for recommendations of private carers or au pair types, who are willing to work for a negotiable rate and negotiable hours. It may be one of the perks will be free (or very cheap) accommodation in living with me (hopefully soon I'll arrange accommodation for myself) I am willing to travel to somewhere, be it a clinic or a person willing to help me...I was recommended the Phillipines and Thailand as cheaper care is available there but I don't want to travel so far.

Does anyone know of anything? I don't think the McDougall Program is enough for me, I am critically ill, not even Truenorth seemed to understand my problem fully.

Thanks for listening.
CarbEnjoyer

Return to Health Issues