Psoriasis

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Psoriasis

Postby Annamarie » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:06 pm

Hello;

I have been vegan for 13 months. In those 13 months, I have eaten fresh caught white fish from a cold northern lake approximately 8 times. Otherwise, I have been fully vegan and WFPB.

I have struggled with psoriasis for 8 years. I had hoped the psoriasis would begin to resolve with a plant based diet and yet I continue to struggle. And in fact, the psoriasis has been spreading over the last few months. Other health issues have indeed resolved but not the psoriasis.

Do you have any suggestions about what I may be lacking in terms of my routine? Again - WFPB, I take supplements, I walk every day, drink the occasional glass of red wine, and eat a bit of dark chocolate. Thoughts?
Annamarie

Re: Psoriasis

Postby VeggieSue » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:52 am

The obvious one is to start eating the McDougall Plan as written. No fish, no wine, no chocolate, no supplements except for B12. Eat the right way for a minimum of 3 weeks and see what happens then.
VeggieSue

Re: Psoriasis

Postby Ejeff » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:26 am

I agree with VeggieSue. I might even suggest you go one step further and do an elimination diet. You start with just one food like rice for a few days and see how your condition does. Then you slowly add other foods. It might be possible that certain foods cause your Psoriasis to flare.

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Return to Health Issues