Possible deficiencies?

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Possible deficiencies?

Postby mirgee » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:18 am

Looking at my Cronometer nutrition report over the past three months, as well as certain symptoms I have been experiencing has me a little worried about possible nutritional deficiencies. Especially these daily averages:

Vitamin E: 4.2 mcg
Selenium: 21.7 mcg
Omega-3: 0.6 g
(Omega-6: 1.5)
Fat: 4.7 g

These are very low compared to RDIs, but I know that RDIs for some nutrients are set unncecessarily high... I have been eating whole foods over the period, but I have to admit way less vegetables than I usually do (financial issues).

I am 26 yo lightly active male (cca 2200 kcal diet), and have been experiencing some difficulty concentrating, mental fog, headaches, muscle weakness, sometimes even dizziness and coordination problems. Do you think these may be result of nutritional deficiencies?

I am very grateful for any feedback.
mirgee

Re: Possible deficiencies?

Postby Lyndzie » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:47 am

Are you taking a b-12?

Here is some relevant information: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54638#p555192
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby mirgee » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:50 pm

Lyndzie wrote:Are you taking a b-12?

Thanks for the reply! Yes, 1000 mcg daily. Based on the info on the forums, the intakes are borderline low, so I guess deficiencies are suspect, but I just wanted to confirm. Also, Jeff said in a post on Omega-3 that 0.5 g may be all we need, but mentioned no source for that number, so I am quite interested as to where it came from.
mirgee

Postby Lyndzie » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:10 pm

You might just need to eat some more food. An active young guy can really burn through some calories. And that would you your vitamins levels, too.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby viv » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:28 am

Do you like potatoes? They are the answer to many nutritional needs. Both regular and sweet potatoes are nutritional powerhouses that are inexpensive, filling and fabulous. Zap a few in the microwave and take them with you to work or eat at home whenever you are hungry. Eat as many as you like. They are my go to for staying with the Starch Solution for the past seven years and being in the very best health of my life.

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Return to Health Issues