Question for the ladies :-)

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:09 am

If I rebounded without a bra I'd knock myself out. It's really hard for us busty ladies to find a sports bra that fits. Frankly the only one I ever found that fit was the Decent Exposure, and it was expensive. Very comfortable, but didn't hold me up enough, so I felt guilty.

I have to laugh, they say it's ok to wear them without a shirt. One day I was doing lawn work, and across the street was this 80 yo man (married). My Decent Esposure was tan, almost skin colored. Well, he decided to take a walk and come and say when I was out there. I'm not sure but I think he thought I didn't have on anything uptop. he did smile a lot. I never went without a tshirt again. :D
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby hope101 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:36 pm

Ha ha, Faith! I can just picture his bright eyes and smile. :D
hope101

POP-EYE, fa' sure...!

Postby Clary » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:03 pm

Faith in DC wrote:If I rebounded without a bra I'd knock myself out.

:D

LOL
How funny, "Pop-Eye" ! :duh:
Clary

Postby slugmom » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:33 am

I sometimes do a sport bra at night, but usually not

they don't give me enough support during the day, plus I also dislike the uniboob look

As one also with 'larger girls' I did find it hard to get enough support for rebounding / jogging -- until I discovered layering my sport bras ~ 2 keeps the bouncing from being uncomfortable and 3 is enough for the most vigorous rebounding. Now I can wear the cheapie walmart ones but still bounce comfortably.

but I would never go out in just a sport bra :shock:
- Kim

slugmom

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:42 am

wooo Kim you layer 3 sports bras? Goodness, it sounds more comfortable to wear a regular good support bra.
Faith
Faith in DC

Postby Karen » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:22 pm

As a busty girl myself, I could only find sports bras that actually fit and supported at titlenine.com. They sell sports bras for real women - some into the 44D size, some in the DDD size, too. I highly recommend them.

I used to laugh at the "XXL" sports bras in some stores -- they looked like A cup bras.

It's really, really hard to find real girl workout clothes.
Karen

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:06 pm

thanks. I'd love to be able to try them on. I've gotten two in the past, my size, but what a joke. Yeah I got a XXL one once when I wasn't even that big, and laughed, I swear it was a childs.
Faith
Faith in DC

Postby slugmom » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:07 pm

Faith in DC wrote:wooo Kim you layer 3 sports bras? Goodness, it sounds more comfortable to wear a regular good support bra.

most of my good regular bras are underwires and really don't give the same type of support for *bouncy* things ~ they are not comfortable for bouncing. Plus I figure it's hard on the bra.

But the 3 sport bras aren't tight, they're each a little loose on their own and more or less work like folding your arms across your chest, LOL. I don't always wear 3, I've found as I've lost weight and gotten more used to rebounding, 1-2 is usually enough. But I did start with 3.

Oh well, it works for me.
- Kim

slugmom

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:09 pm

Carroll wrote:Do these ride up at all? I had a bra that looked just like that but found that part of my breast would always end up getting squished in the band... I usually only wear underwires for that reason because it seems like I always end up with other bras creeping their way up my breast no matter how tight I keep that band (and the tighter ones are worse because they really pinch).

If they fit correctly, they don't ride up. I love them, they are the most comfortable bras I've ever owned.

You really need to call to order, and take your measurements like they tell on the site. That way you have the best chance to get a good fit. They custom make them for you, and if you need alterations you send it back. They come with instructions on how to fit them to you. You have records there they use to order from the next time. All in all, a great company with great service.
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Great thread~!

Postby Veggiewannabe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:44 pm

I found myself wearing and wearing and wearing the same sports bras and looking really crappy in my clothes. Finally I watched the infamous Oprah show where bra fitters from Nordy's took women in the audience and put them in the correct bra. So down to Nordy's I go and wow, I went from a sloppy 38DD-E to a 34G! It is incredible how much better I look in my clothes. But make no mistake, these big girls are locked and loaded, that is they don't move an inch with the new bras!! And actually I prefer it that way...while I'd love to be sloppy in my old sports bras, these make me look much cleaner, stream-lined and thinner-what a bonus.

Someday I'm going to have a breast reduction...I've always been big and would love to have breasts that don't seem to have a mind of their own (the flopping and bouncing syndrome). Then I could wear that great looking bra that Jane gave us the link to.
Veggiewannabe

Previous

Return to Health Issues