Too much weight loss

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Too much weight loss

Postby Lesley » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:07 am

My partner and I started with a whole foods lifestyle in December 2016.
Since then I feel so much better, I have more energy and am able to enjoy my life more.

However, I am worried about my weight loss. I have never been a heavy weight, usually weighing around 52 kilograms. My height is 1.67 meter. But since the start of the program I have steadily lost weight and at this point weight about 47 kilograms. My ribs started showing a bit. I eat a lot during the day, 8 whole grain sandwiches with healthy spread en lettuce. Also a large meal at dinner time. And off course a lot of fruit during the day.

I wonder if anyone else has encountered these problems, if I am rightfully worried or maybe shouldn't worry at all about this. And if you have any tips for me on how to minimize further weightless.

My partner has also lost some weight but he is still a bit chubby. We eat the same foods, mostly, with the only exception that he eats a lot of peanuts and I don't because I don't like them much.

Do you have any tips or insights for me?
Lesley

Re: Too much weight loss

Postby viv » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:04 pm

Congratulations on your whole foods lifestyle and supporting yourself and your partner in a healthy, happy life. To stop weight loss you can eat more starches and add high calorie plant rich foods, e.g. avocado, nuts, nut butters etc. Your partner may be still chubby because he likes peanuts!

Here is a newsletter article Dr. McDougall wrote on how to gain weight on the McDougall Diet.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2003nl ... weight.htm

Good luck!
Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Re: Too much weight loss

Postby Lesley » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:30 am

Thanks for your quick reply Viv!
I will read the article immediately and follow the tips!
Lesley

Return to Health Issues