Healing PCOS, cancer & infertility

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Healing PCOS, cancer & infertility

Postby jessica.moore4 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi everyone, I am ready to jump in to this way of eating...again. I have started more times than I can count. But this time I have a good  reason. Here is some of my story...

I was diagnosed  with PCOS in 2008, while going through fertility treatments. (8 rounds of fertility treatments.. and no baby)  found out i had uterine cancer in 2017. Treatments where birth control. Stopped birth control. And I gained another 40 pounds.  In August 2020 they found precancerous cells. And I refused to go back on birth control.
My goal no matter how long it takes is to get my body  to function normally to have a normal  cycle, loose 125 pounds and finally be able to start a family, we have been trying almost 18 years!! 

I started trying to eat this way in 2011 then bounced back and forth between fruitarianism, raw till 4, and the starch solution. Started  restricting my food (I have had an eating disorder in the past)
So the past month or so I have been experimenting with what works and what doesn't. And I found what works. And I am ready to hold myself accountable. I am ready. I am ready to ready to heal.
jessica.moore4

Re: Healing PCOS, cancer & infertility

Postby jessica.moore4 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:31 pm

11/3/2020

Breakfast: bowl of grits with raspberries,

Lunch: oatmeal with a apple

Snack: persimmon

Supper: pasta with tomato sauce and mushrooms with a salad

Water: 2 1/2 liters
jessica.moore4

Postby jessica.moore4 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:02 pm

Nov 5, 2020

Breakfast: cream of wheat with brown sugar

Lunch: beans and rice with Pico and corn salsa

Supper: mashed potatoes  and gravy

Water: 2 1/2 liters

Nov 6, 2020

Breakfast: kashi breakfast cereal with raspberries and almond milk

Lunch: 3 peices of whole wheat bread with Strawberry jelly was (running late to work and just grabbed something.. I only work 4 hrs a day so it held me over better than I thought)

Supper: lentil Sheppard pie with left over mashed potatoes from last night
jessica.moore4

Postby jessica.moore4 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:10 pm

Dusting myself off and trying again... isn't it weird how stress can cause a slip up??
jessica.moore4

Re:

Postby Drew_ab » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:22 am

jessica.moore4 wrote:Dusting myself off and trying again... isn't it weird how stress can cause a slip up??

Care to share a little more? The time to get back on track is now...
Drew_ab

Re: Healing PCOS, cancer & infertility

Postby Lyndzie » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:42 pm

I had two solid months of bad food choices. This year is tough. Today is a good day to give it your best.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby jessica.moore4 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:33 pm

December 1, 2020

Breakfast: cream of wheat and a persimmon

Lunch: thanksgiving leftovers Mashed potatoes, corn, sweet potato casserole

Supper: burrito with rice, beans, cilantro, and salsa

thanks for the comments everyone, been under a lot of stress last month. my mom in law was rushed into surgery from neglect she suffered from at the nursing home she was at. (because of covid we didn't know anything about it) she is doing better now and in a new nursing home. father in law moved into a nursing home in October and we had to clean out his apartment and get everything done. with all of that going on my eating went on a downward spiral.. there was a few days that i was eating fast food twice a day!! but today i am feeling good. energy is pretty high. i don't think i ate enough for breakfast though i was hungry an hour later
jessica.moore4

Postby jessica.moore4 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:36 am

jessica.moore4

Postby jessica.moore4 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:13 pm

I am back.. the past or month or so I have been experimenting with Kempner's rice diet.. but with added veggies... I was going great untill the death of my mother in law. We where in the hospital with her for about 2days before she passed. Then I went into  a spiral of binging. Then father in law moved in with us about a week and a half later. So I am dusting myself off again and trying again for the 1,0000th time. I felt incredible when I was i eating rice. so I am going to give that nother try. And post here :D
jessica.moore4

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals