Doreen's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Doreen's Journal

Postby chef16 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:16 pm

Breakfast: Watermelon, hash browns with peppers ,onions, and kale ,sliced tomatoes, pinto beans, coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: tomato ,onion, corn and rice salad, apple with a tblsp p nut butter, ice water
Dinner: Salad , black bean burger( no bun) with mustard, relish, and onion , corn on the cob, air fried French fries with ketchup, ice tea, watermelon
Snack: peaches
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:25 am

Breakfast: peaches and blueberries, oatmeal with a little coconut sugar, coffee with nondairy creamer
Lunch: cold tomato corn and rice soup ,cold beets and potatoes, watermelon, ice water
Dinner: vinegar slaw, brown rice and stir fry(no oil), frozen bananas with a drizzle of fat free chocolate sauce, ice tea
Snack: orange . pretzel stick . apple with a tsp p nut butter
A little snacky today. Didn't really want anything and nothing satisfied me. Needed comforting.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:05 pm

Breakfast: melon ,oatmeal with apples and cinnamon, coconut sugar and coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: tomato's, lettuce and onion on whole wheat bread, ice tea
Dinner: vinegar slaw, stuffed pepper, corn on the cob and green beans, blueberries, ice water
Snacks: cider slushie
First garden tomatoes this year, husband and I always have a sandwich . No mayo or butter but still very good !Very worth it.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Breakfast: watermelon, ice water
Lunch: vinegar slaw , home fries ,green beans, blue berries and ice tea
Dinner: cucumber, tomato, peppers and onion salad, Mac and cheese(not) , mushroom stuffed with black bean burger ,corn on the cob, ice tea, fruit salad
Snack: coffee with nondairy creamer
My husband jumped into this with me and is really supportive .He really isn't over weight but his cholesterol isn't that great and he has really high blood pressure . So today I tried to make his favorite dish mac and cheese today . For being vegetable based it was pretty good. I will tweak it a little and I think it will be better. I didn't have much breakfast this morning but I got up late with a bad head ache.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:56 pm

Breakfast: Peaches and blueberries, oatmeal with coconut sugar, coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: Cukes with oil free hummus ,Spanish rice, ear of corn ,ice water
Dinner: watermelon, steamed veggies with cheese sauce, left over mac and cheese , ear of corn, ice tea
Snacks: toasted whole grain bread with Tbsp p nut butter and blackberry jam(no sugar added)
Long day struggled all day!
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:54 pm

Breakfast: peaches and berries. oatmeal, coconut sugar and coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: watermelon ,oil free hummus with peppers and cucumbers , ice water
Dinner: watermelon, deviled beets, corn on the cob and baked beans, ice water
Snack: small piece of dark chocolate , 2 pieces of a fat free pretzel
Hope weigh in is good tomorrow.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:19 am

Breakfast:
Lunch: black beans and rice and salsa, salad with lettuce tomato, onion and avocado, ice water , plums
Dinner: vegan hot dog on a whole wheat bun with sauerkraut and mustard , air fried french fries and catsup ,plums, ice tea
Snacks: tortilla chips and salsa ,peach ice tea
We were out all day so I got a little off the track.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:03 am

Breakfast: Watermelon, fried potatoes, pinto beans, onions and tomatoes, coffee with plant milk creamer
Lunch: veggie burger, ice tea (away from home today), dairy free ice cream bar
Dinner: bowl of fruit (watermelon, peaches, plums and blueberries ) vinegar slaw , spanish rice and corn, sparkling water
Snack: orange , coffee w/plant based creamer
Not a great day . It proves to me I am going to have to plan better when I go back to work. Not a lot out there to eat that fits in to the program. They always put oil or butter on it or coat it in sugar. I have a few more weeks to figure this out.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:36 pm

Breakfast: Watermelon, oat meal with berries and coconut sugar, coffee with plant based creamer
Lunch: raw zucchini with hummus, spanish rice and vinegar slaw, plums and ice tea
Dinner: beets, corn , and green beans ,plums, ice water
Snacks: frozen bananas with a drizzle of fat free chocolate and coffee with plant base creamer
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:59 pm

Breakfast: bowl of fruit, home fries, pinto beans, fresh tomatoes, and coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: green pepper and raw zucchini and hummus ,ice water
Dinner: tossed salad with fat free dressing ,mashed potatoes and gravy (no oil or animal products), corn, soy curls with bbq sauce ,water
Snack :apple
I just feel that I should be dropping more weight. I know how I ate before .
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:47 pm

Breakfast: peanut butter and jelly sandwich, ice water
Lunch: Vinegar slaw, Spanish rice , water melon, ice tea
Dinner: Pickled beets, fried rice (no oil or eggs) corn on the cob , ice tea
Snack: a slice of fried green tomato(sorry)
Very stressed today. Was not good
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:35 pm

Breakfast: Banana, water
Lunch: Corn chowder(potatoes, corn, peppers ,onions and kale veg broth) veg dog on a whole wheat roll with mustard and sauerkraut, ice water
Dinner: Tomato salad ,air fries with catsup, green beans ,lentil sloppy joes (no roll), ice tea
Snack:2 peaches, ice water
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:53 pm

Breakfast: bowl of fruit, oatmeal, coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: vegetables with oil free hummus , sloppy joe on a slice of whole grain bread, potatoes, ice water
Dinner: vegan wonton soup (had 1/4 cup cashews in the whole recipe, serves 4) sparkling water, bananas
Snack:6 fat free pretzel bites, ice water
Don't feel that I have lost this week. We will see.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:19 pm

Breakfast:1 slice whole wheat toast with a tsp pnut butter and tbsp jelly , coffee with nondairy creamer
Lunch: leftover wonton soup endive with oil free hummus, banana and ice water
Dinner: tomatoes, spinach and farro , corn on the cob , ice tea, and frozen bananas with fat free chocolate drizzle.
Snack: plum
Lost a pound
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:20 pm

Breakfast: Bowl of fruit, Stir fried potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions , peppers, black beans and spinach on a corn tortilla with salsa and avocado, coffee with non dairy
Lunch: veggie pita with water
Dinner: tomato ,onion and lettuce on whole wheat toast(1 Tbsp veganese), corn on the cob , banana and ice tea
Snack: cider slushie
I have had the blues and I haven't been able to shake them. Was out all day and decided I needed a real cheat day.( bread and more bread) Back to it tomorrow.
Doreen
chef16

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals