Cure for my Laziness!

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Cure for my Laziness!

Postby Cathy Ann » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:20 am

Nice exercise at the pool today. was busy today and didn't get home to eat until 3pm had bowl of veg soup and bowl of oats, dinner was some baked beans and an orange. Busy day tomorrow, car going in for a service, and have a friend over for lunch. don't think i will have time for the pool. Goal for tomorrow, is to stick to Mwl rules. and not to binge eat!
Cathy Ann

Postby Cathy Ann » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:51 am

Have been working hard in the pool, have some muscle soreness. and my appetite was raised today. I did fall into the trap of my pleasure food. (which is toast and peanut paste) I really have to work on that, had used up all my prepared potatoes. and i wanted instant comfort. My son arrives from Sydney tomorrow, will try hard to stick with the 10 point plan, I know that it's a family celebration, and i don't expect to be perfect. But i promise that I will not eat any animals. It has now been two weeks since I have given up animals. not hungry for breakfast, Lunch was veg soup and bowl of oats, dinner was 2 slices of toast with peanut paste. tomorrow is a new day! goal for tomorrow, give my son a big hug, go to the pool, follow 10 point plan, and not to binge eat!
Cathy Ann

Postby JeffN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:37 am

I was reading over your journal and would encourage you to read the post I put up this morning.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=61073&p=618591#p618591

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby Cathy Ann » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:39 am

Thank you Jeff for your link. Pool exercise went well today. Pick up my son from airport, there were a lot of police there checking that the passengers from Sydney NSW, had not visited any of the crona hotspots suburbs. We are still trying to do the social distancing. Safety First. Precooked some potato and sweet potato. Breakfast just really not hungry, Lunch was veg soup and bowl of oats, dinner was a green salad, potato, a small piece of garlic bread, and a few hot chips, which were not very nice, and hurt a bit going down. like heart burn type of a feeling. finished off with an orange and a manderine, Goal for tomorrow, Friday house clean. Pool for exercising, stick to the 10 point plan, and Not to Binge eat!
Cathy Ann

Postby Cathy Ann » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:02 am

two week into my new lifestyle! and have lost 13lbs. two weeks with no meat, dairy, and no booze. I am happy with my results thus far. The best thing to happen to me is my sleep. Have a busy weekend planed with family and our Italian culture there is always lots of delicious food. but will do my very best to stick with the PLAN. Today I had a banana and bowl of oats for breakfast, Lunch was veg soup and bowl of oats, dinner not hungry, orange and small mandarin. Kitchen Closed. Goal for the weekend, to be very mindful of my eating, stick to the guide lines first, and not to binge eat!
Cathy Ann

Postby Cathy Ann » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:37 am

+2

Current 234
Start 245

Had one disastrous week, and it started with a glass of champers and family celebrations! and a husband, who is obsessively controlling of my very passive and addictive personality. After 30yrs of loving marriage, I always let him sabotage me, due to my laziness. But I have to accept the blame for not being strong enough to resist! Holy Mollgolly, I put both my hand up in the air yesterday to give in! but today, I put my hands down, today I start again, I know I have a lot of mental work to do. This weekend I'm going to listen to Dr McDougall and Jeff talks, and I hear Jeff voice in my head saying "it's the food" Happy to take any advice, or a scolding.
Goal for this week, is to read the rules out load every day, and to keep things very simple. Congratz to all that have success this week! Josie says "EVERY step counts on this journey" It's time to put one foot in front of the other! The weather this week, was cold and raining, which I used as an excuse not to go to the pool for my exercise. Miss Lazy got her way this week. grrr. I'm very sorry that I was unsuccessful with my Goal this week, I felt so much in crisis that i didn't stick with the rules, it brought on a night of binge eating. Goal for this week is to Journal a successful post next week and NOT to binge eat! Kind regards, have a fantastic weekend.
Cathy Ann

Postby Cathy Ann » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:18 am

current weight: 233
Start weight: 245
total loss: 12lb

Defiantly a happier week, my mood has been more positive. Only one pool session this week, but will continue with my pool exercises next week! One thing I did do this week was to use the broom to sweep my floors, usually just vacuum. I used more energy.
My thinking has changed! instead of thinking of what food I have to omit. I say out loud every morning, " I'm so lucky that I will be eating healthy food today, and I get to move my body today."
Over this last month, I had to admit to myself that I'm a food addict. I have learnt that eating rich food, will active this addiction. I want to be very organized and eat more soup and salads with my meals, to help me resist temptation.
I'm very happy with the 12lbs weight loss this month, it was an up and down month, changing habits. Weight loss has been on my mind constantly every day for the last 25yrs. I am looking forward to the day that this thought doesn't exist. My future is waiting for me.

Bfast: salad, oats, fruit.
Lunch: Soup, oats, fruit.
Dinner: Salad. soup, potato, fruit.

I cook one cup of raw oats at lunch time, and have leftovers for breakfast. I make a veg soup at lunch time and have leftovers for dinner. I make a salad at dinner time and have leftover for breakfast. very repetitive. My goal for this week....more pool sessions, some nice self-care ( maybe a pedicure) eat some lovely fresh healthy food and No Binge eating!

Wishing everyone a healthy week!
Kind regards
Cathy Ann.
Cathy Ann

Postby Cathy Ann » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:56 am

Current Weight 231
August Start weight 233
July Start weight 245
August loss -2
July loss -12

This has been my best week yet! with no binge eating whatsoever. One positive, I did have one exercise session at the pool this week, and I will continue this next week. I need to work on being less sedentary and challenge my lazy mind about the exercise, and come up with a plan that will work for me. I also need to work on my feelings, I can feel excitedly happy about being naughty.(eating rich food).I need to change my mindset, to be more excited to be 100% compliant with MWL.
EVERY morning as soon as my eyes open, I say out loud. " I'm so lucky that I will be eating healthy food today, and I get to move my body today." I also read through the 10-point plan every day.
I'm banning peanut paste from the house, as it is just so easy to open the lid to eat it. not good to have around for a binge eater. I'm excited about my future and hopefully pain free me. Have a fantastic week everyone!
Cathy Ann

Postby Cathy Ann » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:47 am

Current Weight 229
August Start weight 233
July Start weight 245

August loss -4
July loss -12

Did some exercise, I now have a painful flare up of left hip arthritis, and my mobility badly affected. I plan on continuing with the pool next week.

Painful week for me this week. I do have a smile on my face, because I did not binge eat through my pain. At this stage I will just keep my joint movement and stretching in the POOL. Next week I need to work being more organised in the kitchen, one night i didn't have anything organised, I had a bowl of soup and a bowl of oats. Fridays come around very fast and I'm so excited to record my progress! I'm excited about my pain free future. Have a fantastic week everyone!
Cathy Ann

Postby vegyluvver » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:32 am

Wow, you're on fire! Way to go!
Val in SoCal
Focusing on the food, not the number on the scale.
vegyluvver

Postby Cathy Ann » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:44 am

Current Weight 227
August Start weight 233
July Start weight 245
August loss -6
July loss -12

Thanks Val your nice comment!

OMG - Had a very lazy week! I have to change my bad habit of staying up late! Have been so exhausted from all the late nights. I was too lazy to go to the pool this week, but I know this habit need to be improved. I do enjoy the exercise in the pool.

Had a fantastic week with my meals, I feel that sticking to this plan has helped my bad habit of binge eating, I also feel that I'm also thinking less about it.
It's been two weeks since my last slice of bread... hard craving to deal with....
So happy with my weight loss thus far, and excited about my future weight loss. Just going to stick with the plan, and keep my food choices very simple. Wow! this week has gone so fast! Have a fantastic week everyone! :)
Cathy Ann

Postby Cathy Ann » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:07 am

Current Weight 225
August Start weight 233
July Start weight 245
August loss -8
July loss -12

wow, where has the time gone? goodbye to August and hello to September (Spring) as the weather warms up, I will have no excuse for avoiding the pool. Exercise is the main step of the plan that I need to work on and I don't understand why I find it so challenging? I just think it is due to my laziness. It was one of those weeks this week, I made a lot of excuses why I couldn't.
I'm feeling very proud that I did not binge eat this month, and hopefully this is the start of a binge free life. Just still taking this one day at a time! furthermore, it has been ​three weeks since my last slice of bread.......
I was out at my daughter house for dinner and everyone had a lamb curry but she made me a pearl couscous salad. I'm not sure if pearl couscous is compliant? I hope it is because I like it. I've kept my meal plan very simple of oats, soup, salad, brown rice, vegetables, and white potatoes, baked beans, fruit, black tea (only one teabag per day) and water.
I love to watch movies and Netflix, but it is a bit of a bad habit for my addictive personality, when I watch serials, I can get very sucked into staying tuned.
My sleep healthy patterns still need to be worked on, but there has been some improvement. I need to be a bit stricter with myself to get into a regular routine bedtime. My ten-point plan attention has been fantastic this month, but I do have to be more compliant with step number 1. and of course, step number 10.
So happy with my weight loss thus far, and excited for September! Wow! Have a fantastic week everyone. :-D
Cathy Ann

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals