Val's journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Val's journal

Postby vegyluvver » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:08 am

Well I did not expect to lose weight this week, but then again I frequently do at this time of the month. Oh, and my blood pressure has been perfect. Fasting blood sugar when I bother to take it is in the low 90s or lower.

SW: 319
Last week: 317
CW: 315

Breakfast: berry oatmeal

I haven't stopped using salt, but I'm being more aware about it. Today, I used low-sodium vegetable broth in my pot of soup. I imagine it will be bland to my tastebuds, but I trust that it will taste better when I get used to it, so I'll just keep reducing salt.

Yes, the soup is boring, but still satisfying and edible. We'll see how it goes.

Lunch: veggie soup (salt-free tomatoes, potatoes, onions, celery, spinach, low-sodium veg broth, garlic)
Snack: bowl of blueberries
Snack: pickle
Dinner: Started with salad with oil-free dressing, then 50/50 whole wheat pasta and veggies (broccoli, tomatoes, garlic, onions, basil). Grapes for dessert.
Snack: diet sparkling water, virgin Mary, pickle, cold leftover soup

Checklist: okay except 8 (virgin Mary) & 10
Val in SoCal
Focusing on the food, not the number on the scale.
vegyluvver

Postby vegyluvver » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:49 pm

Some days, I can't be bothered with dieting. (Please feel free to tell me this isn't a diet, but to me it is.) Today is like that, and I think it's mostly because the kitchen is dirty. I'm gonna get to work on that.

Breakfast: toast and hummus,V8
Lunch: lunchmeat sandwich with mayo, mustard, greens, and pickles
Dinner, hummus sandwich
Snack: oven fries with sugar-free ketchup and mayo
Val in SoCal
vegyluvver

Postby vegyluvver » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:14 pm

I had a little minor epiphany today. Someone (may have been Mark or Jeff) said something about how weight loss is a side-effect of this diet, and I had an a-ha moment. I need to focus on the food, not the weight loss. There are plenty of unhealthy ways to lose weight and really only one ideal diet to heal my heart, my skin, my inflammation, and my energy levels. I feel so much more focused with this new perspective that I am sure is not new to any of you.
Val in SoCal
vegyluvver

Postby vegyluvver » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:06 pm

Breakfast: blueberry oatmeal
Lunch: split pea soup, salad with oil-free dressing, V8
Snack: McD cup of ramen
Dinner: broccoli mushroom rice casserole, low-sugar boba
Val in SoCal
vegyluvver

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals