New beginning

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

New beginning

Postby Tobinterri » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:04 pm

Covid 19 has really done me in. Did a lot of bread baking and I should know better. :cry: I have gained back much of what I had lost. I have followed a whole food-plant based diet and still made my meals following those guidelines but ate between meals and lots of bread. I am hoping that I can restart with this program since I obviously need accountability. I also just came back from a week's vacation with family and mostly ate well but I know that they cooked with oils and I didn't want to make my own food or make a fuss.
So here's to new beginnings.
Tobinterri

Re: New beginning

Postby Tobinterri » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:03 pm

I think I am having a hard time figuring this forum out. How do I another post? I can access this first one but can't figure out how to post again. Do I just keep writing on this post? Thanks
Tobinterri

Postby Mom+Me » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:29 am

Tobinterri wrote:Covid 19 has really done me in. Did a lot of bread baking and I should know better. :cry: I have gained back much of what I had lost. I have followed a whole food-plant based diet and still made my meals following those guidelines but ate between meals and lots of bread. I am hoping that I can restart with this program since I obviously need accountability. I also just came back from a week's vacation with family and mostly ate well but I know that they cooked with oils and I didn't want to make my own food or make a fuss.
So here's to new beginnings.

Welcome to the Discussion Board and thank you for sharing your experiences.

While it's understandable that you'd be disappointed with gaining weight during the craziness that is this pandemic, it's really good that you know how those pounds crept on, that you still kept eating healthfully, and that you're now committed to refining your eating a little and getting right back on track. :) I know of people who have totally thrown out the window any semblance of healthy eating, so you have not done badly!
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Postby Mom+Me » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:22 am

Tobinterri wrote:I think I am having a hard time figuring this forum out. How do I another post? I can access this first one but can't figure out how to post again. Do I just keep writing on this post? Thanks

Yes, as long as you want to keep posting on this subject matter, you just have to login, come to this section on the Board, look for your thread ("New beginning"--great title, by the way!), tap the "Post Reply" button just under the title, and you're good to post. :thumbsup:
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals