Keeping myself accountable

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Keeping myself accountable

Postby goal140 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:20 pm

Breakfast: Big chopped salad consisting of : kale, romaine, red leaf lettuce, onion, red bell pepper, 2 clementines, onion and 1/2 of a sweet potato with a splash balsamic vinegar.

Lunch: Broccoli, carrots with a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Snack: Air fried potato
goal140

Postby goal140 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:34 pm

I feel like I am not eating enough, especially in the morning. It was noon before I felt like I needed to make myself eat.

Lunch: Cole slaw (or is it cold slaw), consisting of green cabbage, red cabbage and a couple of carrots.

Snack: A couple of air fried potatoes

Dinner: Tofu scramble, consisting of tofu, onions, tomatoes and spinach.

My family will be indulging on strawberry shortcake while I will be eating strawberries.
goal140

Postby Ejeff » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:48 am

Well if you are not hungry you don’t need to eat. What are your goals? Why do you think you aren’t eating enough? Do you feel weak or lightheaded? Do you sleep well?

Not everyone eats breakfast, some people choose to eat only 2 meals a day. On this plan we are asked to eat when hungry and stop when comfortably full.

I noticed you didn’t have starch at lunch. This program also asks us to eat starch with every meal. Starch is what keeps a person full.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby goal140 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:25 am

Hi Ejeff,

My 3 main goals are to be healthy, to weigh between 125-130 and to keep the weight off. This was my weight in high school. The cole slaw for yesterday, filled me up and I was comfortably full. About an hour later, I did have a potato. I sleep fairly well, better than a month ago and I am not weak or lightheaded. At the weekly weigh-in, last week, I lost over 4 pounds. I guess that was why I was asking I I ate enough. I don’t want to lose the weight to quickly.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:38 am

Good afternoon,

I went for my 3 mile walk this morning and really felt energized! First time I have felt like I had energy to spare!

Lunch today is, because I am still eating it, a huge salad consisting of sweet potato, strawberries, apple, various lettuces, kale, dandelions, chickweed, wild violets, red and orange peppers with a splash of balsamic vinegar. It is so good!
goal140

Postby goal140 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:52 pm

I can’t find my earlier post, where I entered what I had eaten for lunch. This may be redundant but
Lunch: A huge salad with kale, various lettuces, dandelions, chickweed, thyme, cilantro, red pepper, apple, sweet potato and a splash of balsamic vinegar.

Dinner: Tofu scramble: Tofu, tomatoes, onions, various spices and spinach. I’m not sure where Tofu falls, either starchy or not starchy, so I had 2 air fried potatoes for good measure. The tofu scramble will be one of my go tos because it is so good!

I only got in 8000 steps today, but was feeling really energized on my walk this morning.
goal140

Postby courtneywagasky » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:33 pm

goal140 wrote:Dinner: Tofu scramble: Tofu, tomatoes, onions, various spices and spinach. I’m not sure where Tofu falls, either starchy or not starchy, so I had 2 air fried potatoes for good measure. The tofu scramble will be one of my go tos because it is so good!

Hi! I’ve been reading up on everyone’s journals and just wanted to point out to you that tofu (soy) is to be avoided on the MWL way of eating! Keep up the good work though!
courtneywagasky

Postby goal140 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:00 pm

I had over 11,000 steps today.

For lunch I had broccoli and carrots with oatgroats and a banana

Dinner tonight was 2 bowls of minestrone soup with kidney beans and cannelloni beans a my starch.
I also had some strawberries.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:02 pm

My walk this morning wasn’t the usual 3 miles, it was more like 2. Miles. It was sooo windy and I had to buck a headwind all the way home. Definitely got some exercise.

Breakfast: Broccoli and carrots
2nd breakfast: Oat groats with a banana

Snack: 2 small potatoes

Dinner: minestrone soup with cannelloni and red kidney beans.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:11 pm

I don’t know what is happening, I post just about everyday, but I don’t know where they are going! Help, I am a technophobe. It looks like my last successful post was about a week ago.

Breakfast: A garden salad with romaine, red leaf lettuce and kale, from my garden with a yellow pepper, onion, 2 clementines and a sweet potato for my starch.

Lunch: Red cabbage, green cabbage and carrots with a splash of balsamic vinegar and an air fried sweet potato as my starch.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:36 pm

Someone please tell me where my posts are going, I just posted my meals about 15 minutes ago and the post is not here!
goal140

Postby JeffN » Fri May 01, 2020 1:57 pm

The are all here in your thread from day one. This is the start of your thread..

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=60861

Then, as you post, each page holds 15 posts and your next post will automatically start a new page

If you are reading this, just scroll up and you will see all your posts from the last few days

Jeff
JeffN

Postby goal140 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:05 am

Good afternoon,

Beautiful day to go for my three mile walk.

Lunch: Broccoli and carrots, oat groats, banana with a splash of cashew milk

Dinner: An apple, small potato and a large bowl of minestrone.

Now I am finding out that I cannot have cashew milk on this program, so what can I use on my oat groats?
Last edited by goal140 on Sat May 02, 2020 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Sun May 03, 2020 3:33 pm

Hi all,
Went for my 3 mile walk this morning with no issues.

Breakfast: Broccoli and carrots, oat groats and a banana.

Snack: Air fried sweet potato

Dinner: Bread and minestrone soup with kidney and cannelloni beans. Strawberries for a fruit.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Tue May 05, 2020 8:17 am

Good morning,

I went for a three mile walk this morning. I listened to a podcast featuring Dr. Angie Sadeghi, talking about the gut microbiome. It was very interesting. I was also watching a video by Dr. Michael Gregger about his book, How Not To Diet. I think I will be buying it!

Breakfast: cabbage, purple' and green, carrots. I’m eating it right now. As soon as I finish, I will fix some oatmeal with banana and blueberries.

Lunch: Apple, hearty dal soup consisting of: tomatoes, onions, chickpeas, red lentils, and potatoes with various spices. This is a McDougall recipe.

Dinner will be a large chopped salad consisting of: Romaine, red leaf lettuce, Swiss chard, red peppers, carrots, potato and balsamic vinegar.
goal140

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals