Mutual Accountability

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Mutual Accountability

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:53 pm

Today was successful. I wasn’t hungry until lunch after having plenty of food yesterday. Tacos for lunch, then took a salad to my mom’s for movie night. It turned out to be a much more relaxed evening than I had anticipated. I thought it was going to be all drinks and junk food, but it was less food-oriented and more about the movie. It was a good time. I brought coconut date balls for a treat so that I could have something extra yummy, and that was a good call.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:18 pm

serene wrote:Lindsey, you're on a roll!

Thanks, Serene! I’m grateful to be on a good streak here. Around Halloween I found myself having exceptions on more days than not. Usually nothing major, but a treat here or a meal there. Everyone (my family) has been really supportive of my renewed enthusiasm. This thread was perfect timing.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Ejeff » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:55 am

Lindsey, I'm glad your movie night turned out so well. Very smart to bring the date balls. Yesterday was a good day for me, was out and about for a few hours which meant less temptation to snack.

L: large salad with brown rice and corn and tahini dressing, veggie patty on the side
D: whole wheat spaghetti, with sauce made from spinach, tomato paste, hummus, prego, oregano and basil and black olives. Some nooch sprinkled on top. Piece of toast with almond butter. Dessert was sweet potatoe with peanut butter applesauce cinnamon and raisins.

No after dinner snacking, but dinner was pretty big. I feel like I am doing better not over stuffing myself. This can sometimes be a problem for me.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:23 am

serene wrote:It makes such a difference to have supportive people around! I was almost afraid to tell James I was going back on McDougall, because I've been on and off it so many times for so many decades, and because I know it's a certain amount of inconvenience for him, but his total enthusiastic support relieved my mind instantly.

You are blessed!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:32 am

Friday eating was pretty good.

B: oatmeal
B2: leftover stuffing, potatoes, and yams with gravy
S: chocolate
D:lentil stew; a dinner roll

And that’s it. I actually didn’t snack after dinner.

Saturday
B: leftover starches without gravy :nod:

Planning on making kale chips today. There’s nuts but they’re dehydrated for crispness not fried. I woke up wanting them.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:38 pm

Well, we had a little bit of a crazy day, and ended up getting Chipotle for dinner, so while vegan, definitely contained oil. Bummer.

Breakfast was on plan (oatmeal again). Lunch was pasta. I'm thinking of getting a bowl of cereal before bed. I'll come up with a plan for the week tomorrow and hit up the grocery.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Morris » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:11 am

Hi everyone here - I am going to drop out of this thread because I am going to be joining a challenge over at SparkPeople.com and I need to cut back on where I will be posting. I will be keeping my journal here active so if you want to check up on how I am doing you can read about it there: Journal of my journey

Happy Starchin'
Nancy
Nancy (aka Morris)

Morris

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:19 am

Good Monday Morning everyone!

I stepped on the scale today and am up 4 lbs. I WAS wearing jeans :roll: I do not like the scale. Maybe it won't be part of my postings here anymore (though I plan on stepping on it several times a week, just to keep track)

So, the weekend did contain chocolate, but I left it at home. Will not be having any during the week. I also ate mixed deluxe nuts, and kale chips (homemade, dehydrated not fried, but nut based)...hmmm, lots of salt could be behind the added weight. Hmmmm. Gosh those kale chips are good, though! Even Wylie thought they were okay.

D: Microwave Thai noodles (oil for sure)
B: grits with berries
L: Thai Curried Rice; sesame seeds and peanuts (a few)

Exercise: planning on the gym after work
Meditation...Wylie got up the same time I did so quiet alone time didn't happen this morning. However, I did keep the radio off during my drive and spent my commute in active gratitude.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Ejeff » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:49 am

Buns good idea to drive in silence. Smart way to fit your quiet time in. Last couple of days have been good, made some air fried potatoes and had a big salad yesterday. Bought lots of produce so planning to roast peppers in the air fryer today. Made a batch of banana oat cookies yesterday, no sugar or fat added. I bake them quite long so they are kinda like a granola bar.

Plan for today is to make smokey pasta sauce which has potatoes, carrots and onion as the base. Might just pour it over some more veggies or potatoes. I will bake a loaf of bread this afternoon, so maybe I will just dip it in that lol. My plan is to not eat any more store bought bread, bagel, or English muffins. I would like to eat only home made bread as it’s just so much better, eating the other stuff just seems like a waste.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby AnnetteW » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:43 pm

I decided not to step on the scale this morning. I might just wait till Thursday.

Definitely wasn't a great eater over a very long holiday weekend, but I at least kept it mostly vegan and definitely vegetarian.

Goal now is to get to the next round of holidays. I had really hoped to drop a few pounds, but maybe now just getting through December without a gain would be the best plan.
AnnetteW

Postby Lyndzie » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi guys. I had an insanely busy day and fortunately got an ALDI trip accomplished. Now to hit up Kroger to get the other little things (I love their NSA beans) and we’ll be in a good place for the week. Had diner at my mother-in-laws and she thoughtfully nuked me a potato. How sweet! Skipped breakfast today (had a late night bowl of grape nuts last night so I wasn’t hungry), had pasta with kale and mushrooms for lunch. Snacks included grape tomatoes, an apple, a clementine, coconut balls and fruit leather. On plan today.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:52 am

I did terrific all day yesterday, then made pan popped popcorn (coconut oil) and put butter and salt on it.

D: Noodle Stir Fry Soup
B: coffee; maybe some grits in a few. Not really hungry
L: lentil stew; kale chips

Exercise: plan on going to the gym. Yesterday's plan didn't work out because car trouble.
Meditation: again, quiet on my way to work was very nice.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:55 am

serene wrote:Test results are slightly worse than 14 months ago, but those numbers were after 4 months on plan, and these are after a year of junk and then two weeks of compliance.

Yeah, I'd hate to have my bloodwork done these days LOL. But you are doing terrific! Let's just keep going :nod:
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:58 am

Doing okay. I didn't get to bed as early as I thought I would, but dropped off right away...and then woke up in the 3 o'clock hour. Never did get back sound asleep.

D: noodle stir fry soup
B: grits with berries
S: kale chips
L: lentil stew

Meditation: I woke up with an ear worm, so I put on some soothing music instead of silence. There was no silence for me this morning.
Exercise: probably the gym after work.
Feeling better than yesterday. I'd still like to be asleep though. ;)
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Ejeff » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:12 am

Was busy yesterday got the Christmas tree up, still need to finish a few things today. I’m not getting enough sleep wish I could get 7 hours each night.

L: leftover air fried potatoes with malt vinegar. 2 toast with peanut butter
D: curry rice casserole with homemade bread.
S: lemon poppy seed cake, banana oat cookies, orange, apple chips

Too many after dinner snacks last night. All compliant, but I’m sure I wasn’t that hungry when I ate them.

It’s quite interesting when I am super busy I just don’t think about food and then I finally realize I’m hungry. I don’t think I do that well eating when hungry, I eat more at fixed times like 11:30 and 5:30. This is something I could pay more attention to.
Ejeff

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals