Mutual Accountability

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Mutual Accountability

Postby Ejeff » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:54 am

Yesterday was a decent day. Lunch was rice bowl with lots of veggies and tahini dressing (my usual lunch). And a veggie pattie. Raisin cinnamon English muffin with compliant cauliflower butter. Dinner was tofu scramble with spinach, black olives, salsa, purple cabbage, hot sauce, spices and lemon juice. It was really good. Dessert was an apple microwaved with 1/4 cup oats, one date, walnuts, cinnamon, cloves, and flax seed. Really enjoyed that’s also. Didn’t snack and didn’t eat after 7pm so that was a success.

Thank goodness the bagels are all gone lol. Really missing my exercise and daily walking, one week down and one more week to go of resting.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:59 am

I feel pretty good about yesterday. Ate on plan 100% including ZERO chocolate, even though there is some in the house...and put in 45 minutes at the gym. Santana kept me at it, because I still really didn't want to be in the same place as dozens of other people. But Carlos in my head made it alright.

D: Thai Curried Rice; peanut garnish
B: Broccoli Oatmeal; cuties
L: Thai Curried Rice; peanut garnish
S: Bel Vita; cup of coffee w. creamer off plan and I feel too full. Shouldn't have done this :\

The peanuts are not great, but they add crunch and flavor. Authentic Thai flavor ;)

Weight 238.

Quiet alone time: 60 minutes...woke up early because cats and couldn't get back to sleep. Which was fine. I read and surfed FB. Note to self: Stop surfing Facebook in the morning. Bad mood factory.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Lyndzie » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:06 pm

Today went well. Stayed on plan. Oatmeal for breakfast, tacos for an early lunch, chocolate smoothie in the afternoon and two russets with salt and pepper for dinner. Was at my mother-in-law’s for dinner and was just going to skip eating until I got home when I spied a bag of potatoes in the kitchen. Turns out she finally threw in the towel on the low-carb diet, yippee! Not a fancy dinner, but better than nothing.

Tomorrow we’re going to Benihana for lunch. I just looked up the nutritional info and the salad has 90 calories, 70 from fat. That is a giant bummer. I was really looking forward to that for lunch. Now to come up with a plan B.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Morris » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:50 am

Good news for my mom that she does not have a blood clot and her leg was better yesterday.
But my eating suffered from yesterday's activities

What I ate:
coffee
1/2 pita bread
chickpea mix for filling
spinach
guacamole

vegetable fried rice - ordered from a restaurant but did not special order (fried tofu, egg and oil were in the mix)

donut
cheerios: too much, plant based milk, trail mix

Today should be better. Exercise will be shoveling snow.

Oh, a neighbor of my mom gave her a scooter to help her get around.
Nancy (aka Morris)

Morris

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:57 am

Doing pretty good here.

Weight 238

D: veggie burger w. the works (pickle, bbq sauce, and lettuce)
B: broccoli oatmeal; cuties oranges
L: lentil stew

No chocolate, this is my third day! and boy I want some today. Woke up with vertigo and my mind went STRAIGHT to chocolate. Comfort food par excellence...but I left it at home and came to work without it. :nod:

Veggie burger is a whole food pattie, not the highly processed stuff. It's got peas and carrots, seeds, grains. There is fat...7g :( but they are minimally processed, made with whole ingredients. Now they're gone, I won't get them again.

Quiet alone time 30 minutes, during which I dealt with vertigo so...
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Ejeff » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:46 am

Yesterday was an okay day, overall I probably had too much food. Scale is 108.6 so down almost 1.5 pounds from my peak. No exercise. What I ate:

Lunch - 3 small pieces of toast open faced with hummus, hot sauce and cucumber
- oats with a bit of cocoa and shredded wheat
Dinner - taco chips no oil with half an avacado made into guacamole
- leftover from frozen pasta with spinach, put siracha sauce on that
- 2 buckwheat pancakes which was about 1/2 cup ground up, with a bit of maple syrup and frozen blueberries

The pancakes was the overeating part.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:10 pm

Had our annual Benihana meal. I went with a side of steamed rice and a large salad. Used their dressing, which has oil, next year I can bring my own now that I know what the salad is like. I also had the starter soup and hibachi vegetables, so not on plan due to the oil, but a choice that I am comfortable with. I left feeling pleasantly full (not stuffed) and happy with what I ate.

Then went to my mom’s for cake for my sister’s birthday and didn’t eat any. Huzzah!

Breakfast was oatmeal per usual. Dinner will be some sort of leftovers, and on plan.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone tomorrow! Just come up with a plan that is doable and enjoy your in-laws. :)
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Morris » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:06 am

Started out on plan yesterday, but ended up snacking on trail mix -- totally unplanned and I was not really hungry just wanted to eat.

Today is a holiday -- I am not getting together with other family other than grandson 2 (GS2) is staying with us for the weekend. So, no real holiday meal plan - I am just going to go with the flow today and hopefully I will make smart choices.
Nancy (aka Morris)

Morris

Postby AnnetteW » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:02 am

[quote="serene"
Oh, and I finally emailed my cardiologist and he's cutting my beta blocker in half![/quote]

Now that's totally AWESOME! Good job!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. My weight this morning was 148, so basically this month has been a wash. There's a few more days, I might break even with where I started at 147. But honestly, I'm not upset. I didn't gain 5 lbs, I've added a lot of weight training, and I'm not hurting.

Food yesterday

Breakfast - sorghum, banana, soymilk, ground flax seed
Lunch - giant veggies/green salad, more sorghum, hemp seeds, 321 dressing
Dinner - large baked potato, vegan chili
Snack - ate cookies (no fat but still cookies), still had the munchies and made air-popped popcorn

Exercise - yoga class, 30 min lower body weights
AnnetteW

Postby Ejeff » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:47 am

Happy Thanksgiving. Not a holiday here in Canada. Yesterday was good other than late night snack.

L: sandwich on oil free bread with mustard, hot sauce, hummus, cucumber and sauerkraut. Pickled beets on the side
S: 2 pumpkin squares with nice cream
D: leftover tofu scramble, green peas and couscous

Late night snack which I didn’t need 1/4 cup oats, frozen blueberries, ground flax, walnuts.

Weight down 0.2.

Today meeting friend for lunch. Have already decided I will have Asian rice bowl with veggies. If I’m brave I might ask if they can make it with no oil :-D
Ejeff

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:58 am

Happy Thanksgiving friends!

I skipped breakfast - too busy cooking and trying to clean up the rugrats. On my way over to my dad’s now (hubby is driving). Bringing endive spoons, red cabbage and orange salad, gratin potatoes, lentil loaf and wicked chocolate pie. I’ll stick with what I’m bringing, and excusing myself by saying I’m trying out veganism (I’ve been wish-washy about it at previous gatherings). Good luck everyone!
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:08 am

serene wrote:Oh, I have vertigo, too, and it stinks. Do you do the Epley maneuver?

No! The first time I had vertigo, I went to YouTube to see if there was anything I could do at home to cure it. There I found a video about the half somersault method. I did it twice the first time I had vertigo and the vertigo went away. This time it took three tries on the half somersault method. Two at home, and one time at work and the time at work was the third time was a charm! Vertigo gone. https://youtu.be/mQR6b7CAiqk

So, Thanksgiving was pretty good.
B: two pieces whole wheat toast, peanut butter and honey.
D: small piece of dark meat, mashed potatoes, stuffing, yams, gravy, a roll with butter. For dessert I had a couple of items. One small sliver of pumpkin pie, a piece of berry pie, and a small piece of gluten-free dairy free cake. And then I was done.

I ate enough to get really full, and did not overstep myself to the point of discomfort or anything. And this morning I am feeling really normal. I’m not craving anything, I don’t want to go get into the leftovers, and I’m going to go make myself some breakfast.
Last edited by bunsofaluminum on Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Morris » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:17 am

We went to the community meal for thanksgiving yesterday. What a feast! it was all the traditional foods: mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoes, corn, coleslaw, cranberry orange relish, turkey, bread, and pumpkin pie. One thing I noticed was, while it was a lot of food, everything was portion controlled. That was a good visual for me to see, you can feast but not overstuff yourself. I did not eat the turkey, instead the coleslaw was on the table and no one seemed to be eating it, so I ate more of that instead of the turkey.

The rest of my day was off plan -- time to refocus today now.
Nancy (aka Morris)

Morris

Postby AnnetteW » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:40 am

No scale today, I'm being smart for a change. I had no meat yesterday, but many foods did have dairy/butter in them. I'm cool with that. I didn't eat the turkey or stuffing, avoided the obvious extreme fatty dishes, and enjoyed my dinner plate. Alas, I ate two plates of dessert and too much wine.

Now to just be back on track.

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.
AnnetteW

Postby Ejeff » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:07 am

Overall for this week down 0.4 pound so I guess that’s better than gaining. Yesterday was a good day, enjoyed some time with 2 different friends. It’s not good for me to weigh more than once a week. The scale fluctuates too much which I don’t think helps me mentally. I will just return to weekly weigh on Fridays.

L: ate out with a friend, rice bowl which probably had some oil, but I did ask them to not use it for the veggies so that’s a win
S: oats with a couple chocolate chips and a bit of shredded wheat
D: couscous, green peas, veggie burger no oil
S: oil free taco chips with some salsa and black olives. This was late in the evening so wasn’t happy I ate it

Ate a couple of samples while out which were not compliant, but just a few bites.
We didn’t have a holiday here in Canada so I didn’t have to figure out how to navigate a large family meal. This week I am planning to avoid avocado as I think I had that 3 times this week. I will make a big pot of vegetable soup too.
Ejeff

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals