Mutual Accountability

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Mutual Accountability

Postby Artista » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:02 pm

Today:
2 a.m.: banana and oatmeal
B: 1/2 grapefruit, teff, buckwheat, flaxseeds, blueberries
S: apple
L: kale, collards, onion, mushrooms, rice, chickpeas
S: grapes, carrot, cucumber
D: black beans, sautéed onions, pepper, and tomatoes, steamed broccoli & Brussels sprouts, baked potatoes
Meditation: none
Exercise: walked to the library and to the grocery store, about 1 hr.
Artista

Postby Ejeff » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:18 pm

Going pretty good this week. Night time snacking still not great. Down half a pound this week. Today is last day of my challenge of no sugar, oil or alcohol. Wasn’t all that difficult, didn’t eat in any restaurants and successfully navigated a couple functions by bringing my own food. Focused on getting lots of veggies again this week. Something doesn’t agree with me and not sure what it is. Might need to do a bit of an elimination type diet to figure it out. Might be corn. Wishing you all a good week
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Artista » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:20 am

I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 2.2 lbs. from when I last weighed on Jan. 24th. Whew. I was beginning to think the number was never going to move in the downward direction.

A summary of yesterday:
Meditated 20 min.
Exercise: 20 min. elliptical, 25 min. walking
MWL 10-Point Checklist: Followed all except for #3 "Eliminate all high fat plant foods". I ate 1 T. flaxseeds, 1 Brazil nut, and 2 T. soy milk.

I hope you all are doing well. It's a grey day here but I'm heading to the gym soon for a yoga class.
Artista

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:43 pm

It's been a little while since I posted here. I was frustrated with the scale after a month of being really careful in January...two lbs up for pete's sake. I'm putting the scale under the dresser and might bring it out on the last day of February.

In the meanwhile, I've set some good goals for the month. In addition to zero processed:

1. Veggies and fruit for breakfast
2. Add greens to every meal
3. No chocolate at all

These goals feel good to me. I'm calmly focused on them, rather than trying to drum up a rush of enthusiasm and go fight win with perfect compliance. I do not have an exercise goal, but will do what feels good when the time is right. I just kept hurting my foot or knee with the daily yoga.

Dinner last night: mac and not cheese (processed ingredients, but I did add spinach yum!)
B: broccoli; an apple, a banana. Two cuties oranges
L: Moroccan Sweet Potato Stew over rice; spinach

:nod:

quiet sit time: 10 minutes breathing after eating lunch with some binaural beat music. I plan on quiet in the car going home. The drive TO work was on slushy unplowed roads so...not peaceful :lol: but I did remember to keep my shoulders low and soft forehead a la' yoga practice. Wouldn't want to make that drive again. Hopefully I will have some weight loss to report here at the end of the month.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby moonlight » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:02 pm

Artista wrote:I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 2.2 lbs. from when I last weighed on Jan. 24th. Whew. I was beginning to think the number was never going to move in the downward direction.

Congratulations!! Your hard work is paying off. :)
moonlight

Postby Zoey » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:16 pm

Not much activity here lately, so I hope everyone is doing well! I've kicked my nightly chocolate addiction, and nuts have become a random treat instead of a staple. I'm not getting on the scale again until Saturday, but I'm not feeling any change. Oh well, still feeling good and healthy, so I'll just go with that!
Zoey

Postby moonlight » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:30 pm

Zoey wrote:Not much activity here lately, so I hope everyone is doing well! I've kicked my nightly chocolate addiction, and nuts have become a random treat instead of a staple. I'm not getting on the scale again until Saturday, but I'm not feeling any change. Oh well, still feeling good and healthy, so I'll just go with that!

Congratulations!! Good for you on kicking the chocolate and nuts down a notch or two. :) Glad you are doing so well.

I'm good, too. I'm by no means perfect (though I still get disappointed by this!). I feel healthwise, I'm moving in the right direction. :)
moonlight

Postby Zoey » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:10 am

Thanks moonlight! I've also decided to give up snacking for Lent. Is anyone else giving anything up?
Zoey

Postby Lyndzie » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:46 pm

It seems like everyone hit a snag. I’m weirdly hoping for a quarantine to reduce the exposures to temptations outside of the house. Kinda like a 10-day, only surrounded by antsy children and a stir-crazy spouse. I could just play old webinars all day in the background while cooking up batches of beans and rice and potatoes.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals