Mutual Accountability

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Mutual Accountability

Postby AnnetteW » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:14 am

Morning everyone. Sorry I wasn't around this weekend to chat, looks like I missed a lot (Need to hunt down Lyndzie's recipe). Both my husband and I have been sick with a bad cold. But I'm doing a lot better today.

My weight was up this morning when I weighed, about 1.5 lbs. I've been compliant as far as fat and animal products go, but definitely allowed myself lots of white pasta and white rice. I made whole wheat waffles for breakfast yesterday with honey on top. And I'm eaten very few veggies. It's amazing how when you are sick you just totally want to eat differently. I want to treat myself.

This morning I was back to my oats and blueberries, will plan a salad for lunch, but not a full meal salad, and am still contemplating dinner. I thought about making sushi, but maybe I have the soup ingredients.

We also had a good 5+ inches of snow, I'm in the Kansas City metro. We're not expected to get more than a new dusting today.

Plans are to continue to take it easy, watch a movie, do a bit of housework, and drink a lot of tea.
AnnetteW

Postby Ejeff » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:30 am

B: 1/4 cup oats, 2 tablespoons ground flax, cinnamon, cloves
S: 2 pieces avocado toast
L: brocolli cheese soup, it’s high fat as it has coconut cream in it. I have mostly been avoiding coconut, so will do that again
D: brown rice and Morrocan soup. Strawberry cheesecake compliant as it’s has just dates to sweeten
S: air popped popcorn spritzed with water, salt and Cajun spice

Getting back into some exercise, played pickleball and had a short walk yesterday.

Annette, hope you feel better soon, lots of colds going around in my area too.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:57 am

Doing okay with food. Ate a little bit of off plan food for dinner.

D: costa vida salad (ate about half of the tortilla)
B: broccoli oats with berries
S: banana; little cuties
L: lentil stew; crackers

Exercise: 15 min yoga
Meditation: quiet on my drive

Weight 239 down 3 lbs from the stupidity of my post honeymoon off plan eating.

I'll keep this plan through Christmas, and want to start the New Year with MWL. ZERO PROCESSED.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby AnnetteW » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:20 am

Thanks for the cold condolences. Yes, I do agree that everyone seems to have one right now. Mine is starting to settle in my chest, what a bother.

Oh, I woke with pain in my middle finger on my left hand, wondering what kind of inflammation this is and why. Definitely right in the joint where it joins to my hand. I'm not sure if it's general inflammation of some sort or if I hurt it (I don't remember...lol).

Didn't weight today.
Food yesterday
Breakfast - oats, blueberries, ground flax, soymilk
Lunch - salad, beets, potato, walnuts
Snack - salted nuts (hmmm...too much sodium can cause inflammation) and dates
Dinner - lentil soup, salad, pita bread (did have some oil in the bread), homemade hummus

So it's pretty obvious it's not MWL, not even quite SS, but not too extremely horrible either. If I had not had the salted nuts or pita, that would have been good.
AnnetteW

Postby AnnetteW » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:19 am

Morning....still hacking and snorting

Yesterday went well, I didn't think about food too much.

I had a blend of intact cooked grains for breakfast with a banana and soymilk along with a dash of salt and stevia.

Lunch was a salad and soup

No snack

Dinner was a bowl of mashed potatoes made with soymilk.

Definitely a light eating day for me.

Weight this morning was 146.4
AnnetteW

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:09 am

wow my energy is up this morning! Woke a little bit before 4:00, when Wylie got up to get ready for work. Didn't get back to sleep, and got up by 4:45 and have been wide awake ever since. A little bit hyper, to boot

D: quinoa w.black beans and spinach
B: grits w. banana and a little cinnamon sugar; coffee
S: an apple
L: lentil stew; saltines

Exercise: no yoga this morning. Just got up and got dressed
Meditation: not really, though I did have the radio off during my commute, but I talked to myself like a crazy woman all the way to work :lol:

Scale stayed at 239.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:12 am

Ejeff wrote:B: 1/4 cup oats, 2 tablespoons ground flax, cinnamon, cloves
S: 2 pieces avocado toast
L: brocolli cheese soup, it’s high fat as it has coconut cream in it. I have mostly been avoiding coconut, so will do that again
D: brown rice and Morrocan soup. Strawberry cheesecake compliant as it’s has just dates to sweeten
S: air popped popcorn spritzed with water, salt and Cajun spice

Getting back into some exercise, played pickleball and had a short walk yesterday.

Annette, hope you feel better soon, lots of colds going around in my area too.

pickleball is fun. Wylie and I met at a pickleball game, through the Meet Up group we belonged to. :nod:
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:04 am

I got hangry yesterday, or maybe it was tangry because it wasn't REALLY hunger. But I was TIRED and I was CRANKY and ended up buying a sour dough baguette during my quick-stop-at-the-grocery-store on my way home. Tore the end off and ate it. When I got home and heated up my dinner, I cut off a chunk and toasted it AND BUTTERED IT! And after dinner was done, I did that again.

D: lentil stew; buttered toast
S: buttered toast
B: granola w.apple juice; broccoli;
S: banana; apple
L: lentil stew

Exercise: nothing so far
Meditation: a little bit of stillness lying in bed before I got up

Woke up at 3:43 and never did get back to sleep. :\ Hopefully the tiredness doesn't floor me today like it did yesterday.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby AnnetteW » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:09 am

Weight up a bit this morning to 146.8 (low is 146.2, so I can't complain).

I ate well yesterday
Breakfast - whole intact grains, apple, soymilk, ground flax
Lunch - mashed potatoes (lots) and cooked beet greens (lots)
Snack - oranges
Dinner - salad, vegan lasagna
No exercise

I looked at the calendar and felt a bit freaked that there is only one more Weigh in for MWL group. The month seems to be going so quickly. I have to stay strong through the holidays and the eating opportunities, and I think I can do it. I'm feeling stronger lately.
AnnetteW

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:15 pm

Listen to this you guys: yesterday a friend came over to socialize and her daughter brought a box of cake mix and my favorite frosting. She had no idea that it was my favorite. Apparently her 5 year old son was going to propose to my 5 year old daughter and the cake was for the wedding ceremony. So warm, delicious, fresh-from-my-oven cake was in my house yesterday.

I almost put the leftovers down the garbage disposal (because desperate people sometimes dig things out of trash cans, and I did not want to find out if I was one of them). Instead, I put it on top of the fridge and my husband has taken it upon himself to relieve me of it. I truly appreciate his support! I did not eat any!!

I’m feeling a bit stressed about the holidays because not only do I have to figure out all the presents, I also have to prepare food to eat away from home. I might just make some chickpea salad for sandwiches, but sometimes that can make me a little gassy and I don’t want to be tooting around my in-laws and extended family. Soup seems too cumbersome. If you all have any ideas, I’m all ears!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby AnnetteW » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:11 am

Cake in the house sounds dangerous. I ate some of my husband's cookie stash yesterday. Darn it. I told him to hide them, then I found them the next day (no, I wasn't looking) and then yesterday ate some. Ugh....I don't want cookies in the house.

NEW LOW WEIGHT for me this morning. 146.0 on the dot. Geez, this is a slow trip, and I sure would like to find the motivation to speed it up (perhaps in January, :D )

Yesterday I had the following:
Breakfast - large bowl of intact grains, apple, soymilk, ground flax (I'm loving the intact grains rather than oatmeal)
Lunch - 2 large pieces of my vegan pizza
Snack - immediately after lunch, 2 pomegranates, I was stuffed and had a stomach ache, why was I a pig?
Snack - 2 handfuls of forbidden cookies
Dinner - 5 tacos....really? 5?

And the weight went down. I was just hungry yesterday.
AnnetteW

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:55 am

Yesterday I succumbed to the workplace treats. Today I am ignoring them, but I did bring some chocolate with me. I'll allow some good, high cocoa dark chocolate if it helps me stay away from the platter of fat pills right across the aisle from my desk. Frankly they are not that tempting this morning because I got a tummy ache from it yesterday. Didn't eat that much, but enough for my stomach to rebel. So I'm really not in the mood today.

D: rice with lemon sauce YUM
B: oatmeal w. berries and banana
L: a can of progresso soup with rice

Exercise: 25 min floor yoga AMAZING!
Meditation: the yoga was meditative and breath centered
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:58 am

Lyndzie wrote:Listen to this you guys: yesterday a friend came over to socialize and her daughter brought a box of cake mix and my favorite frosting. She had no idea that it was my favorite. Apparently her 5 year old son was going to propose to my 5 year old daughter and the cake was for the wedding ceremony. So warm, delicious, fresh-from-my-oven cake was in my house yesterday.

I almost put the leftovers down the garbage disposal (because desperate people sometimes dig things out of trash cans, and I did not want to find out if I was one of them). Instead, I put it on top of the fridge and my husband has taken it upon himself to relieve me of it. I truly appreciate his support! I did not eat any!!

I’m feeling a bit stressed about the holidays because not only do I have to figure out all the presents, I also have to prepare food to eat away from home. I might just make some chickpea salad for sandwiches, but sometimes that can make me a little gassy and I don’t want to be tooting around my in-laws and extended family. Soup seems too cumbersome. If you all have any ideas, I’m all ears!

Baked potatoes are always a good option. Can you bring some steamables veggies? You just pop them in the microwave and nuke right in the bag. Potatoes and veggies, on the road ;)
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Ejeff » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:34 am

Lindsey I have the same issue, too much gas but it seems to be with anything I eat. Veggies and beans. What about just a peanut butter sandwich if you want something super easy. Or as already suggested a baked or steamed potato topped with salsa. That is excellent you were able to avoid the cake. How cute the kids are :-D

Yesterday eats:
L: wrap with rice, veggies, sunflower seed sauce. Bowl of cream of brocolli soup. Wrap has some oil in it.
D: air fried potatoes, steamed bok choy and mushrooms. Taco chips with salsa. 2 clementines. 2 compliant cookies and piece of gingerbread cake
S: not compliant peanut butter cookie

The soup was made with coconut cream, glad it’s finished now. My guts didn’t feel good after eating high fat so coconut will be back out of the diet again. Last nights snack was unplanned, but baking was brought into the house. I haven’t been eating much fruit lately so need to get back to that. The clementines were very yummy. Surprisingly lost half a pound this week. I have been doing better at not stuffing myself to the point of being uncomfortable.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:57 pm

Well, I’ve had better days. Decided to make my favorite holiday cookies (molasses, not anywhere close to compliant). They are so yummy with coffee. I ate so, so many of them with coffee. After that I thought instant ramen sounded good (wtf?!), so I had that. Dinner was more cookies and hot chocolate.

I’m hoping that I wake up tomorrow with a renewed sense of commitment. I so admire those who stick to this way of eating without waver. While I know how good it is for me, I still get tempted by old favorites. It gets easier with time, but I still have room for improvement.

Thanks for the holiday tips. I have to have something yummy enough to avoid all the treats that will surround me. Trying to figure out what that may be. Might just have steamed potatoes and brussel sprouts!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals