Marsha's MWL journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Marsha's MWL journal

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:05 am

Yoga is a fountain of youth, honestly.

I was wondering if you found a source of calcium (back from a post in October)...did you find Kale? :D it's a really good source of calcium, as well as high in protein.

Keep up the good work. I like watching your progress.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby JeffN » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:18 am

deweyswakms wrote:I do need to eat more calcium.

Other ideas?

viewtopic.php?t=5604#p62757

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby deweyswakms » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:18 am

Dec 12, 2019, 13 days till Christmas! yikes

I am bouncing up/down/all around the 185 weight. Funny, that was my 1st goal, but now I want 180. I can do it if I get very strict with the MWL meals. Popcorn, salty foods, have to be avoided. MWL meals are so simple and easy. Recently I steamed an acorn squash, then ate it with peas and corn. So very tasty and filling. And I love mashed potatoes and mashed carrots together. Recently tried quinoa for extra protein. I don't really like quinoa; it is like eating air. Nothing to it. Anyway, all I want for Christmas is to see 183 lbs! Carry on.
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Postby Shmookitty » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:34 am

I was on a steamed acorn squash kick to for about two weeks, and I still have two in the pantry. Love it!

I didn't like quinoa either. You're not the only one. I think it was serene who commented on my journal when I tried it, and said she didn't care for either.

You can totally meet your end of year goal! WOO HOO!
My name is Renee, McDougalling starting October 5, 2019
Shmookitty

Postby deweyswakms » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:52 am

JeffN wrote:
deweyswakms wrote:I do need to eat more calcium.

Other ideas?

viewtopic.php?t=5604#p62757

In Health
Jeff

Thanks Jeff N! Appreciate it. I can always tell when I need more calcium because my nails won't grow beyond the quick (never been a nail biter). I have started adding more plants from your list to my 'fast food', plus always love steamed broccoli. I wish I liked kale, but can choke down more of it, or add it to the stir fry.
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Postby deweyswakms » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:55 am

Shmookitty wrote:I was on a steamed acorn squash kick to for about two weeks, and I still have two in the pantry. Love it!

I didn't like quinoa either. You're not the only one. I think it was serene who commented on my journal when I tried it, and said she didn't care for either.

You can totally meet your end of year goal! WOO HOO!

Thanks! Yes I feel very committed to getting to 183. I am flirting with 185, off/on, etc. I know my food triggers, specifically when I am tired and in pain (old achey body now). I just have to plan for those times.

Meanwhile, Annette's photo of potatoes, asparagus, corn and broccoli is calling my name!

Marsha
deweyswakms

Postby deweyswakms » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:16 am

Friday Dec 13, 2019

I am starting to think about wrapping gifts and getting ready for the 25th. Morning brunch with family and the foods will be easy for me to manage. Thankfully, not all day eating! Meanwhile, Annette's photo of potatoes, asparagus, broccoli and corn is on my menu for today! And more acorn squash; it's very filling, healthy and tasty. I bought some apples too. I like eating seasonal fruits & vegs. Plus I want some Egyptian red lentil soup. Just love it.

I recently changed my priorities to put my painting 1st, and realize that I also need to make this WOE also a top priority in terms of planning and prepping for it. I have many interesting and enjoyable hobbies, but not that much energy or time anymore. So I am shifting things around in my Life. I usually start my day with some exercise to get oxygen and energy working for me. And that's where I am going now! It's not raining, I am going outside for some typical NW cloudy light on my 1.5 mile walk.

Have a great day, Marsha
deweyswakms

Postby deweyswakms » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:02 pm

Sunday, Dec 15, 2019
It's very cold here! thankfully no precipitation. Definitely have to layer up to go outside to walk. I don't eat much at night, just usually veggies and potatoes. Consequently I am very hungry in the morning. It puzzles me how I can't seem to feel full after eating what seems to me to be a lot. Oatmeal may mess with my blood sugar (feel weak and sleepy after it), so I have it at night sometimes. I guess I will try soup in the morning before eating my other foods. So I will make the Egyptian red lentil soup recipe, and remember to add some chunky tomatoes to the final stir through. I am laser focused on losing more weight this week, so will stay on the MWL plan. Count down to Christmas is on!
deweyswakms

Postby deweyswakms » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:46 am

bunsofaluminum wrote:Yoga is a fountain of youth, honestly.

I was wondering if you found a source of calcium (back from a post in October)...did you find Kale? :D it's a really good source of calcium, as well as high in protein.

Keep up the good work. I like watching your progress.

Hey thanks. Did you see Jeff N's link to a list of foods with calcium? I love yoga; used to do hot Bikram style yoga. Would love to get back to it but where to add it to my daily lineup? Doing it at home never works; I need the discipline of going to a class.

Marsha
deweyswakms

Postby deweyswakms » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:52 am

Monday, Dec 16, 2019

Ok, 9 days to Christmas. I am ready. This morning I hit the magic low # again on the scales; am determined to hang onto it and, hey why not, lose a bit more, by Thursday's MWL weigh-in.

Experimenting with morning food today, so I finished up a beans/veggies stir fry with rice, then had oatmeal (ground flax, hemp hearts, blueberries, almond milk). So far so good. Later I will make the split pea soup with celery, carrots and potatoes; it's soooo good.

I came here to journal 1st, but now I am going to start a new painting. I fight the Resistance to creating art, and it's part of the fear that I find anything else to do instead of just starting something. My early NY resolution is that art gets my top priority in my day. Even if I am late/miss water aerobics, grocery store runs, laundry etc etc etc. I get real pleasure and joy from this, so why not make it a top priority!?

What are you putting off due to all the daily chores and errands and then find yourself too tired to start? That's all part of the Resistance by the way. Writing, playing music, exercising, food prep, painting? meditation? If not now, WHEN? (talking to myself).
Happy day, Marsha
deweyswakms

Postby Ejeff » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:32 am

Congratulations on hitting new low number on the scale!
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:23 pm

I'm rooting for you, going into the Holidays holding on to your McDougall compliance. You'll do fantastic, I'm sure.

they say doing ANYTHING is good. Painting sounds like a wonderful pastime and you're wise to make time for it. That's why I love Zentangle so much...it's portable and "light" on needed supplies. A pen, a tile, pencil for shading, blunt for shading. Even though it's possible to build up a mighty stash of art supplies surrounding it. ;) Make something! woo!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby deweyswakms » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:33 pm

Wednesday December 18, 2019

I didn't sleep well last night, plus am very congested due to allergies. I can always tell when the air quality index is poor. So, not in a good mood today. :(

I keep up/down/all around 185, so am trying to ONLY eat plants and lots of starches today because I want a loss at tomorrow's MWl weigh in. Thing is, I am usually always hungry when I do this. I need a bit of fat to feel full; then I don't eat as much. Wish I had some avocado to put on a piece of toast.

Anyway, up at 3:30 am (ugh). At 6am, I had probably 1.5 cups of brown rice medley with a cup of lentil veggie soup. Still hungry so around 7:30 am, I had another cup of split pea soup (with celery, carrots, potatoes) and probably another cup of the rice. Still hungry. So at 10am, I had some steamed spinach. Still hungry! Annoying. I hate eating eating eating all the time. I love salads but don't like to fix them; maybe I need to try to do that to add more bulk.

Off on errands now WITH an apple. Later I will have oatmeal with ground flax seeds, hemp hearts, blueberries and soy milk.

Marsha
deweyswakms

Postby AnnetteW » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:43 pm

deweyswakms wrote:I keep up/down/all around 185, so am trying to ONLY eat plants and lots of starches today because I want a loss at tomorrow's MWl weigh in.

You sound just like me. I'm really starting to focus on those Thursday weigh-ins. I really like that it's on a "weird" day of the week.
AnnetteW

Postby deweyswakms » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:28 pm

AnnetteW wrote:
deweyswakms wrote:I keep up/down/all around 185, so am trying to ONLY eat plants and lots of starches today because I want a loss at tomorrow's MWl weigh in.

You sound just like me. I'm really starting to focus on those Thursday weigh-ins. I really like that it's on a "weird" day of the week.

I like the accountability, reaching for the goal!
deweyswakms

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals