What I'm Eating - MWL

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: What I'm Eating - MWL

Postby moonlight » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:08 am

Hi there!
I hope you recover quickly from your flu-like condition. Congrats on finding the right McD path for yourself. :D
My husband enjoys a colorful SAD lifestyle. I’ve found it helpful to not look at any of his food directly. Out of sight, out of mind?!
Take care.
moonlight

Postby Qwerty988 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:02 am

moonlight wrote:Hi there!
I hope you recover quickly from your flu-like condition. Congrats on finding the right McD path for yourself. :D
My husband enjoys a colorful SAD lifestyle. I’ve found it helpful to not look at any of his food directly. Out of sight, out of mind?!
Take care.

Hi moonlight, thanks for stopping by! Yeah, I try not to look at their food, too -- just keep it all a colorful blur, right? Also I've been staying mostly in my bedroom (for their safety), so I'm avoiding the kitchen generally as much as possible, which really helps! :-D
Qwerty988

Postby Qwerty988 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:37 am

Ugh another week of bed rest!! :\

Anyhow, I continue to improve, it's like 3 steps forward and one step back. *But* I've stayed on the program, started weighing again, and incorporated oats and even some rice (yum!!).

Still keeping it super simple, but absolutely loving the steel cut oats for breakfast. Also bringing in more yams for variety and a bit of the white rice I make for the fam. I haven't started on beans yet, but will shortly.

So, my weight must have been close to 200 pounds to start, because after 3 months and a super-visible weight drop over 3 months of total compliance, I just only got down to around 183 pounds. I was hoping for more, but I'm fine with it because this routine is so completely do-able that I'm just going to keep on riding along for however many months it takes to reach my goal. The food is good -- I'm never hungry -- and the only thing I've been craving so far is pasta and red wine (from bingeing "The Sopranos").

Anyhow it's all good! :-D

I'm for sure looking forward to being able to exercise again! I figure it'll be another week or two before I'm ready to get back on that elliptical. Even so, I was down 1.6 pounds this last week, which is encouraging, especially with absolutely no exercise.

I'm feeling good and hoping everyone out there is staying safe and taking good care of themselves. :)
Qwerty988

Postby Qwerty988 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:09 am

Hi, just a quick update :-D

I'm not quite recovered yet, so just taking it easy and sleeping a lot. I've been doing great in terms of McDougalling and eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies and lots of healthy starches. This illness hasn't affected my appetite at all!

Lung capacity still not back to normal so not exercising yet. No heart issues anymore, though, just a backache now from all the bedrest and a really creepy case of "COVID toes" which I'm hoping will be my last and final symptom! This has been going on since early March and I'm really getting sick of it :\

I hope everyone out there is feeling strong and staying safe. We're so lucky to be eating this way! Anyhow I'm back to bed but looking forward to getting back to the MWL group soon. :)
Qwerty988

Postby Qwerty988 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:46 am

Just checking in :)

I'm so grateful to have my lungs back!!!!!! Today is the third day in a row I've been able to use the elliptical for 30 mins and it didn't result in a day of panic attacks and shallow breathing. My "covid toes" have turned from purple to mostly normal. My heart is totally normal again, too. I can even have my cup of black coffee in the morning!!!!

So, feeling very very optimistic and hopeful. It's taken almost 2 full months, but I'm definitely over this thing. :-D

So -- back to business! My diet's been very simple, lots of oranges, raw veggies, congee, soup, potatoes, etc. There's been cheating from the MWL plan with smoothies, and then out-and-out cheats on a few days out of a need for comfort and to shove down fear of not-being-able-to-fully-breathe.

But I'm feeling really happy now that I can fully follow the MWL program because I can exercise every day again! Just 30 mins and full compliance, starting today. :nod:
Qwerty988

Postby moonlight » Sun May 10, 2020 6:30 pm

Congratulations to your health!! Glad you are better. :-D I'm guessing your WFPB McD diet pulled you through! If you don't mind sharing, how old are you? Just curious to hear from someone eating such a healthy diet who has managed to get to the other side of this virus.
moonlight

Postby Qwerty988 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:07 am

moonlight wrote:Congratulations to your health!! Glad you are better. :-D I'm guessing your WFPB McD diet pulled you through! If you don't mind sharing, how old are you? Just curious to hear from someone eating such a healthy diet who has managed to get to the other side of this virus.

Hi and thanks for dropping by!

I'm 58.

I totally credit this lifestyle with pulling me through this. I also think it's very telling I developed Covid-toes, because this is a symptom usually reported in children and very young adults, people who have a stronger immune system!

Be well and stay safe my friend :)
Qwerty988

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals