Going for it

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Going for it

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:25 am

I've weighed a day early this week as I know I'm going to be busy tomorrow.

2kg off! :D

Another totally compliant week with most days actually being MWL, too. :nod:

Not as much exercise as I need, but my excuse is I had studying to do. :oops:

I will try to hang on till Sunday for weigh-in next weekend. And try very hard to use my static bike more than I have been doing.

So the food is not much of a problem. I don't eat out very often. :)

The exercise, though. THAT'S a problem. Guess I'm just lazy. :cry:
“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby sksamboots » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:34 am

15 minutes a day is a place to start with exercise! Walk in place, walk around the block, dance---just move! You got this. Great progress. Keep on keepin on :nod:
sksamboots

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:13 am

Thanks, Boots!
Managed to use my bike a bit more. Walked a lot more - the dog is delighted! :lol:
I went along to a tribal bellydance class on Monday. It's something I've admired and wanted to do for ages but I put it off because a) I'm unfit b) I'm fat c) I lack physical co-ordination. Turns only c) is relevant - and practice will sort that out. :D
At last! A form of exercise I actually enjoy. :shock:
It almost goes without saying that the food was delicious and compliant. I had lunch out at a pizza place on Wednesday. Their crusts are oil-free which was a happy surprise. They made me a veggie pizza with no cheese and no oil, it was delicious and I brought half home for tea. I raided the salad bar for real vegetables when everyone else was loading up on oil or mayo slathered 'salad'. Sadly,the only potatoes were in mayo so I left them alone. There was no oil-free dressing so I asked the server for balsamic vinegar, which he fetched from the kitchen. All in all, it was a lovely and compliant lunch and did not look a lot different from everyone else's meals.
I also released another kilo! :D
Here's to a new week...
“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby Anna Green » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi. I love that you've started belly dancing. I've wanted to take a dance class for years....you are inspiring me.
Anna Green

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:49 pm

Anna. Try it. Find a beginners' tribal dance class and try one session. You'll be hooked! :lol:

Also, check beginners' tribal dance on Youtube. Look for the actual classes showing off their skills, not just the elite dancers.

I like that the kit is very modest. Harem pants or / and a full skirt. Long top with crop top over. Tasseled belt for practice. Very few wear the elite style with lots of skin showing. You wouldn't catch me dressed like that! :shock:

It's not too strenuous, and is really enjoyable. I'm glad I took the plunge and tried it. :D
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby WyldMoonWoman » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:52 am

I am so glad you started belly dancing! I'm doing my shake shake shimmy happy dance for you! :D I found that belly dancing made me feel very sexy at a time in my life when I was feeling frumpy about my body because the people in my class were just like me...curvy women...and it was so good to be in a class that also helps with core strength and balance. You are awesome! Keep up the good work!
All Love, All the Time
Lisa
WyldMoonWoman

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:31 am

Thank you WMW. :-D
You are right, belly dance is very confidence-building. And harder than it looks! I really feel like I have had a workout afterward. Must be doing me good!
I have had a compliant week, although I have eaten more bread than usual. At least it is salt sugar and oil-free. Some weeks I only want sandwiches in my packed lunch, other times a salad is ok. I have one more study day on 6th August, then no more till the end of September so that will make things easier.
The sun has finally stared to show itself the last couple of weeks with some days being warm enough to sit out without a cardigan, and a couple of days actually too hot to stay out for long. Hoping I topped up some vit D. :cool:
This week I lost 1kg despite the bread. :D
Let's see what next week brings...
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:19 am

Another week, another kilo lost. :D
The exercise continues to be an issue. Sometimes I amaze myself with creative excuses not to get on my bike! :twisted:
Then I think about how well I am doing, and tell myself to get moving! :lol:
Almost 3 months in. 15kg lighter. Now on half my previous BP med. Not needed asthma inhaler for 2 months (at least), pain meds reduced, anti-inflammatory meds stopped.
AND I get to eat potatoes! :D
Hey ho, on we go!
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:57 pm

hahaha! Love your AA Milne potato quote! delightful!

The idea of belly dancing...what fun. Looking forward to perusing your journal

blessings, Heidi
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby sksamboots » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:22 pm

Keep on keepin on :nod:
sksamboots

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:05 am

This is the first week I didn't keep track on cronometer.
It also happened to be a week when I ate out twice, was extra hungry (due to the cold weather, I think), and had things going on that previously would have had me comfort eating.
Still, despite eating (a lot) more than usual, I remained compliant. The result? Another 1 kg off, even though I doubted and actually cringed when I got on the scale! That's a total of 16 kg or 35 lbs. :shock:
This afternoon I am going to a barbecue at a sister church in Hull. Most of my congregation are going right after the service. It's about a 90 minute drive and I shall be giving a ride to one of the ladies who doesn't drive.
The pastor there said we don't need to take any food as we are their guests, but despite telling them I don't want animal products or oil, I had a crisis of confidence and made oil-free beet burgers and bean salad to take with me "just in case"! :lol:
It's a cold and damp day so far, and will be even colder at the coast. Perhaps I can snag a place near the grill! :-D
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:58 am

Nothing wrong with taking your own food. And...enough to share :) though beet burgers might not appeal to everyone, heh. However, bean salad is something a lot of people might choose.

Enjoy!

Heidi
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:11 am

The barbecue last week was great fun. There was live entertainment and the sun even shone! :cool:
The bean salad was well-received and even the beet burgers were all eaten. The pastor had made beautiful mixed veg skewers that were perfect and even the omnis went mad for them. Something about all that colourful veg - you just instantly feel that it is doing you good!
Another successful week without cronometer - another 1kg gone. :D
Funny thing about this way of eating...after the first week or so, I haven't had any unhealthy cravings. Even this last couple of weeks when I have had a lot going on, I have not had the urge to return to my previous pattern of comfort eating. Although I must say that I still have larger portions than is probably necessary, it is all healthy. And I am improving on portion control. :lol:
Another busy week ahead for me, but I feel confident I can handle it.
Thanks to those that read this. And thanks to those that keep journals here - it really helps me to keep going when I know so many others are finding ways to be successful with the same problems to deal with. :nod:
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby lmggallagher » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:06 am

RT:

So great to hear of your progress and the success of your food at a gathering!

It's also fabulous to hear the cravings are going, going - GONE for you, yay!

Star McDougaller's say this all the time - so I will chime in too - as I find it to be true for me as well: don't worry about portion control. They say it's a throw back to SAD dieting that is not necessary with this WOE.

I had a hard time with that as well - I know you have moved on from the Chronometer but every time I got to thinking I am just eating too much (though I was still loosing) the Chronometer had me at a perfectly reasonable caloric intake.

Anyway, said for what it's worth and glad you are doing so well and making some yummy sounding food to share even!!!

Best - Michelle
lmggallagher

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:57 am

Another week! They are really flying past! My diary has started filling up for next year already. :eek:
This week I stayed the same weight but I am happy with that as I have had a good few weeks. I think I shall throw a few MWL days into the mix this week.
I see a lot of cheap cabbage and potato type meals coming up for me as I stupidly got a speeding ticket. £100 ($157). :crybaby:
I foolishly allowed myself to "go with the flow" of traffic and was doing 60 mph in a 50 mph zone.
That will teach me. In driving, as in eating, I shall set my own agenda whatever everyone else is doing. :-D
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals