my Engine 2 diet for 28 days

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: my Engine 2 diet for 28 days

Postby LoriJenny » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:44 pm

Carollynne...wow, you are doing such a great job!! You give me hope that this really can be done!
LoriJenny

Postby carollynne » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:52 am

I have to post this right away, this am, I sw a new number again, I am 171.0!! love it!! this sure starts my day off right then!! Ds says I am now about 15 lbs lighter than he is too! but he is getting more and more muscular!! He and I took Maxie for a long hike in the state park, along the creek, and the water rushing around in some places sounded so wonderfully peaceful!! Also went to the Rose Natural store in Gburg again, and he loaded up on all the fav stuff we were out of. He wants to try doing the popped amaranth grains. We watched a few youtube videos on how to do it ok, and it sure looks easy enough!!

Day 11 of my E2 challenge, and doing well. There is nothing like liking some wt to fall off of me that makes me feel even more determined to stay the course.
Last edited by carollynne on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:09 am

Oh my...It's just melting off of you. How fun! Carollynne is going to be thin.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Gramma Jackie » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:10 am

Congratulations! Great job. :thumbsup:
Gramma Jackie

Postby carollynne » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:44 am

Thanks Gramma, and Christine, it is fun, but a lot of revving up my determination, and it seems to be there for me!!

thin?? Me? I would really love it if my HBP just went away! I will be shouting it from the roof tops when that day gets here !
so far today
BF: some boiled, then slice, and dry heated up with green pepper, and onions, potatoes, 1/2 of an apple, then steel cut oats with blueberries, ( I am about out of the ones I froze from a great sale price!)
plus made up a nice veggies drink with my vita mix! for son am myself. He said it was far superior to any V8 drink and none of the added salt either!
Eric offered me half of his bagel, (GF) and I must admit I hesitated, then said, no I better not!) then he changed his mind and only had a Gf English muffin instead!
Can you tell I love to eat!! Thankful that I can on this WOE with no ill effects to my tummy too.
It is a goreous day here in So Central PA!!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby WeeSpeck » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:26 am

Great progress!
--\--@ Nancy @--/--

I am but a wee speck in the big picture of the universe.
WeeSpeck

Postby carollynne » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Ahh to finish up my day's menu...
L: romaine lettuce, with taco lentils, tomato and bowl of rice with braggs on it.
more lettuce as I made up a taco salad for DH's work, and some cucumber too. my own pickled beets.
D: kale, brown rice, with carmelized onions for flavor not hungry really, I had a late lunch...
snack: one orange, water with lime

really sticking to my MWL plan so it is going perfectly good.
I am thinking of switching doctors to the female Dr Eliz George who is the doctor in charge of the E2 challenge. It would be wonder to have a vegan knowledgeable doctor for my internist. IT is just a 45 min drive is all... still I am thinking of it anyway. lovely drive, and we do have plenty of urgent care here now....
but I am feeling emptied out, and not hungry at all.
Took Maxie on a long walk, and ignored the wind.
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:40 am

Day 12!! Wt is the same this am, 171.0, but that is still good to me!! up so early, these days, to start my MWL 28 E2 challenge, it is unreal. but I do have an appt at Orth doc for the 1st shot of 3 syn visc injections too.
B: peppermint tea, after water with lime
a vita mix juice of tomato, celery, grapes, apple and romaine lettuce, I should be adding my flax meal, and nutritional yeast, and parsley!!
then got my the wii for the first time in 2 weeks, and It says I weigh only 167 and under that a bit!! but it always did say a lower wt.
But I did a few exercises and now feel a bit hungry for my oats next.
packed up my veggies fruit snacks for the day and I will be off on item for appt and fitness center after that. The 2 places are so close that it is very convenient to do both!!
love that vita mix!!
carollynne

Postby Christine in Cali » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:24 am

Carollynne...when did you get the Vita Mix? My sister has one too and she doesn't use it so she said I could use it for awhile...cool

Tomorrow you'll see a drop fer sure. Keep up the good work
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby carollynne » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:11 pm

my vita mix , I decided to bite the bullet and buy it for myself!! So it has been in residence in my kitchen about a week maybe. before anything else happened around home that is.... and I do not regret it for a moment. I use it a lot and it is so worth the money, and the green smoothie is a great way to start your day too. you are one lucky ducky if your sister will loan you one for any length of time!! DSand I use it a lot.

L :today was Mexican squash bean soup, on brown rice. then some fruit cut up, and some kale with sweet onion relish and more brown rice.
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:13 pm

D: more roasted potates with sweet potatoes with some garlic, pickled beets, and water.
tomorrow is DAy 13 of 28!! I hope to be less hungry tomorrow, I was just hungry all day it seemed. I ate a lot on plan, so no problems, but I ate a lot for real
Snack was cut of veggies and more grapes or apples pcs!!
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:42 am

Day 13 and all is going well!! the scale at first showed me a new number, 170.4 and then jumped back to the same as before 171.0... so we shall see is all I can say. I have decided to get up and get to fitness center a bit earlier so that I can attend some of the classes, or get into water on my own, and then get home to do housework, or work outside. I am experiencing so much more energy with this WOE that it is contagious and I just want to shoot my good health from the rooftops. So I got to the fitness center by 10 to 9 am and did my own water exercises for almost an hr and then went to the am stretching class, which is a yoga type of class. OR I think it is, but only 30 min, and it is so relaxing that I loved it. I can only do what I can do, and some of the deep knee bending is not going to happen for me, not easily, and so I just modify and do what I can...... I did not do any of the machines except the treadmill today.
It is a beautiful day again here, so I am going back outside to work in my garden.....
BF: green smoothie, that I am still working on finishing
snack after gym, apple slices, and red pepper chunks

L: 2 small reds cut up and reheated up in pan, small greens salad, with carrots and blueberries, and 2 romaine leaves with hummus, a bowl of brown rice with braggs now I might be done for a while!! :oops:

too nice to be sitting here at computer!! bye for now ;-)

Back later on, D was Brussels sprouts, boiled and added to more brown rice with some BBQ sauce, also a cup of tea with some brown rice syrup!! Ds is big on the glucose kind of sweeteners and so... he buys it too. nice :) Of course he also brought a bag from a fast food place that he is just going to try out, and knows he is cheating. but he told me that I am looking thinner in the mid section now and also stronger, so I love that comment!! son also came home with a big box of dots, and showed me how much corn sweetener is in it ... I will not touch them... I mailed off some halloween to middle son in Ga for Halloween... and did not touch all of that either. crazy, but I am doing it this time... :evil:
I am still sipping on my green smoothie from the am, it is like a salad!
snack was a banana today plus my cut up veggies for the car and the gym!
It is amazing how I am sticking to this MWL plan now, with the no flour products at all, and no oils, nuts, avocados, and soy products!! On the E2 diet plan you are allowed some of that, but I will say that with my HBP issue I need the stricter kind anyway! never thought I could be so 100% compliant, but hey it is working and tomorrow I really hope to see a new number too. that is so motivating. have I ever mentioned that the co owner of the fitness center, is also vegan, but shes just says vegetarian, and also lactose intolerant!! she is maybe in her 40s and has this barbie doll figure, and the men love to hit on her, and talk to her about going to this steak house or other! and she wears a huge diamond wedding set... but you know how that goes anyway. She must be so used to it, and ignores them all, and after all, she and her husband are the owners. :eek: :lol: too funny it is not the regulars, but newbies who do this....
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:16 pm

BTW, today was a lot easier of a day. Do not know why, but I did decided to chomp on some cinn gum in the afternoon, to take the edge off of my wanting more brown rice... it was a good day!
carollynne

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi Carollynne! So glad you had a good day! :) I stopped by to catch up on your journal and wow, you are doing so great!! I always take the lower number on the scale to be the correct one!
LoriJenny

Postby carollynne » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:22 am

Day 14!! Hi to LoriJenny, thanks for stopping by to encourage me too. Cool, very cool beanz! I surely need some to get at it? When I saw son cheating last night with fast food, a so called philly cheese steak sandwich and fries, I just thought well he is 28 yrs younger, and I will not be tempted by that non-food. Toxic to boot too!! well we all make our own choices and I have made mine for life, and I do feel very strongly about it and no doubt will need to be that strong around here too.
Anyway, I did have 2 baked potatoes last night too, forgot to put that in my menu. this am the number was 170.0 and then blinked back up to 171.4 I will take it, thanks LoriJenny, for that advice,
today i will try to eat more of the green and yellow veggies and less of the starches. that has got to be it. I am not cheating on any of the off plan foods, at all. Which is amazing enough, if you ask me!! well anyway!!
BF: lemon zinger tea, and a few purple grapes, the oats with blueberries.
going to gym early today. and already doing up laundry too. Love all these energy I have now. love seeing the result of being on a starch based diet.
You all have a good and blessed day out there!!
Last edited by carollynne on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
carollynne

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals