Legends of the Fall

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Legends of the Fall

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:41 pm

Totally fine to hi-jack my journal, happy to be. I think Bob has his PM turned off, cause he's such a popular guy! 8)
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Good day for me food wise..

Coffee black, hash browns with onion and bell peppers, ketchup and hot sauce.

Water melon, banana ice cream

Salad, honey mustard dressing, about 5 croutons may have a bowl of 3 bean chili

hmm didn't eat much today...tired too

but I got through the deli action without a hitch...yeah Tina

1.5 hour hike
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:12 am

How incredible is that...almost effortless. Weird
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby to_our_health » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Christine in Cali wrote:157.2

How incredible is that...almost effortless. Weird

Success can feel weird, can't it? :-D

Sounds like you're on a roll...seeing the results that come with sticking to it consistently, over time...hooray! Great job!
to_our_health

Postby Christine in Cali » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks for stopping by to_our_health....I said weird cause i am just not used to the weight coming off so quickly.

Been keeping at it with no major slips more like a few croutons or a nibble of bread before reading what's in it. NO candy or chips at the deli, which is incredible. I made banana ice cream and when ever wanted something off plan, I ate that and today down a whole 1.2 pounds!!

Coffee, sweet potato, 3 bean chili, water

3 bean chili 1/2 piece of Naan bread had dairy in it and of course after I ate it I read the ingredients....my bad

banana ice cream with PB and maple syrup in it, small slurpee :oops:<----got this idea from LoriJenny, just admitting it, but who am I foolin'? Only hurting myself.

Salad which I haven't eaten yet and may not get too...

no hike today

last day tomorrow to get out of the rental and onto the next. My sister wants me to move into her little house with her family and NO I can't do that....she is just going to have to understand.
Last edited by Christine in Cali on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:27 pm

Hi Christine! Congrats on the victory at the deli :) I hope today went smoothly for you and that you were able to get all settled into your new place!!
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:09 pm

Shoot...wrote this long post and poof up to the cyber cloud. Too tired to repeat...

157.0 Lbs this AM
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:57 am

all my good efforts at not giving in to cravings and eating only the right foods, are paying off. I see a loss everyday. I have been eating a sweet potato for breakie everyday as I'm driving to work....

156.6 lbs :nod: 45 lbs gone as of today

This may slow and I am prepared for it mentally, but it sure is great being in the groove.

Here's to more greens and water today.

I can't change my desert trekker ticker till I get my PC hooked up, cause the link is on that puter.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby to_our_health » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:49 am

Thrilling...and with everything you have going on too...wow
to_our_health

Postby SactoBob » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Christine,
You are doing great and working hard to replace those less than optimal foods with whole plant foods. As you see, it pays off and will continue to pay off.

I did want to caution you against getting too excited about the scale. I know it is hard when good things are happening. But the scale moves at its own pace, and fluctuates quite a bit even during a day.

The problem with getting too focused on the scale is this. It is possible to lose a lot weight and yet not have the lifestyle down. When this happens, the weight and other health problems can come back. Once you have the lifestyle down - when you consistently pass the plate test and find it to be habit and effortless, then the weight is sure to follow and you never need to worry about it again.

Watching the scale is fun, but keep your focus on that plate test. If you were ready for another step, you might think about the fake ice cream you are making. That would not pass the plate test. I am not saying that it is the worst thing in the world - but it isn't the best either. I have seen people overeat on this. It's your call on whether you love this so much that you want to keep it, and part of that is how well you handle it. But remember that fruit is always better than blenderized fruit, nuts are limited, and better than nut butter. Sugar type foods like maple syrup have to be watched. Combining these into a single treat could be problematic.

If you are not ready to take another step, just being aware is good, and the scale is fun to watch in the meantime.
SactoBob

Postby Christine in Cali » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Bob Thanks for your words of wisdom and helping me, by pointing these things out in a kind supportive way.

I am willing to give up my fake ice cream. I was getting too excited about it anyway and knew it was something that should be a once and a great while treat. I was finding that I didn't want to make it unless it had PB and maple syrup in it. If I take a bite of something and my eyes grow wide and my tongue goes wild I know I am eating something I shouldn't.

I made it last Sunday to get past the deli food and it worked, maybe too well. I have not made it since. I just have to put blinders on at the deli or quit the job. As far as weighing myself I will try and limit that to once a week...it's just so exciting to see that scale go down everyday.

I do want to get these principles down, so it becomes effortless. Also, I don't want to gain the weight back down the road because I did this superficially and not learning the basics.

Food for today:

Coffee, sweet potato, oatmeal with brn sug, nuts, americano with soy, side of beans and rice (way too salty), 3 manderin oranges, big salad with raw spinach raw chopped vegetables, crunchy sesame sticks small amount of raspberry vinegar, Water.

Have to work at the deli tonight for 3 hours...yikes! Will bring some 3 bean chili and the rest of my salad. My belly is bloated and I think it is from the rice and beans....I will drink more water at the deli too.

Tomorrow I will attempt to not eat sugar!!
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 pm

I am here at the deli alone and surrounded by candy, chip, nuts and all kinds of SAD, but I am cooking up some brown rice, ate my salad and drinking my water. What is helping me most in not eating junk, is reading the posts to Lorijenny about getting over those overwhelming cravings and thoughts. It's important for me to do this or I will always be a slave to food that is not healthy and I will be forever struggling. I'm tired of always having to fight this.

Doing the plate test on all foods before me and finding ways to distract my thinking are good places to start.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby blondie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:22 pm

Sounds like you're on the right track this evening!

My DH opened a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips and then accepted a phone call and went to another room, leaving the chips open on the kitchen table! Boy, those things called out to me, but it's not worth starting up the cravings by giving in! I closed his chips and got myself a couple of cold baby red potatoes to snack on.

We can do this! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby LoriJenny » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:36 pm

Your posts have helped me so much too...it's great to have friends to go through this process with!! Good for you doing so good at the Deli!! Planning is so important! There is a lunch for the teachers tomorrow, and I think I just won't go...they even got a "vegie" sub sandwich because we have several vegetarians...but I know it will have cheese and mayo and bread...so I think I will do what you are doing tonight, bring my own food and have that!
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:49 am

Good planning Lori, take your own food and still be part of the action.

Happiness or Pleasure, Plate- test, Get the sugar out.
Christine in Cali

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals