Gramma Jackie's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Gramma Jackie's MWL Journal--October

Postby to_our_health » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:53 am

What a great picture! Nice to "see" you again!
to_our_health

Postby Gramma Jackie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks everyone. Yes children are wonderful. I have always liked to be around kids. They are so wysiwyg (what you see is what you get). I have 4 grown children and now my life is now filled with grandkids. I love it. :-D

p.s. I got the report from my lab tests today (annual physical) and my cholesterol is 131 (down from 174) and my triglycerides are 98 which I think is good.
Gramma Jackie

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:30 pm

awesome picture! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby janluvs2heel » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:19 pm

Gramma Jackie wrote:Thanks everyone. Yes children are wonderful. I have always liked to be around kids. They are so wysiwyg (what you see is what you get). I have 4 grown children and now my life is now filled with grandkids. I love it. :-D p.s. I got the report from my lab tests today (annual physical) and my cholesterol is 131 (down from 174) and my triglycerides are 98 which I think is good.

Very cute picture but even better is your labs. That is amazing. Congratulations & keep it up!!
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby lmggallagher » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:50 pm

GJ - great labs. I believe Dr. Esselstyn says if your less than 150 TC and less than 80 LDL you will be free of heart disease! Dr. McD probably says it somewhere too, just haven't seen it yet :) So I am hoping you are also under that 80 number and have figured out how to celebrate that huge success. There will be more rewards for all of us, but dodging that bullet might just be one of the top 10 BEST!

lmggallagher

Postby f1jim » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:16 pm

Gramma Jackie those are excellent numbers and you should be quite happy with them. Great job in achieving them.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Rosey » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:29 pm

WOOT!!!! Way to go on your test numbers.
Rosey

Postby Gramma Jackie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:33 am

lmggallagher wrote:GJ - great labs. I believe Dr. Esselstyn says if your less than 150 TC and less than 80 LDL you will be free of heart disease! Dr. McD probably says it somewhere too, just haven't seen it yet :) So I am hoping you are also under that 80 number and have figured out how to celebrate that huge success. There will be more rewards for all of us, but dodging that bullet might just be one of the top 10 BEST!

My LDL is right at 80, so hopefully next time I have it checked it will be lower. This was actually only the second time I've had my cholesterol checked, The first time they didn't break down the numbers but just gave my total cholesterol number. So now I have a goal to work toward.
Gramma Jackie

Re: Gramma Jackie's Journal

Postby blondie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:15 am

Wonderful labwork numbers! You have accomplished so much!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby Rosey » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:43 am

Gramma Jackie wrote:My LDL is right at 80, so hopefully next time I have it checked it will be lower. This was actually only the second time I've had my cholesterol checked, The first time they didn't break down the numbers but just gave my total cholesterol number. So now I have a goal to work toward.

Even right at 80 puts you in a wonderful zone. So happy for you.
Rosey

Postby Gramma Jackie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:52 am

Thank you all for the encouraging replies.

I have joined Mike's "Holiday Excursion" and hope to see some of you there. :-D
Last edited by Gramma Jackie on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gramma Jackie

Postby kirstykay » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:10 am

Congratulations on your great lab results!! It's great to see proof that our hard work and dedication is paying off, isn't it...there is sooo much more than the scale to prove that this WOE works!! I love seeing results like this! I joined Mike's holiday challenge, too, so I'll see you there! :)
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby janluvs2heel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:44 pm

Gramma Jackie wrote:Thank you all for the encouraging replies. I have joined Mike's "Holiday Excursion" and hope to see some of you there. :-D

I love your new ticker & also the quote below. So true!!

I will see you over in Mike's Holiday Excursion!!
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby Gramma Jackie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:41 am

Another little victory. Like many people my age, I have osteoarthritis which happens when people lose the cartilage in their joints that acts like padding so the bones don't rub together. Being overweight just made it more painful. I live in a two story house and have to go up and down the stairs all the time. At my all time highest weight I literally had to crawl up the stairs on my hands and knees. That improved as I lost weight, but I still had to just take one stair at a time, esp. going down the stairs. But now I can walk down the stairs normally. I was also using a cane when I had to walk anywhere for a great distance (like in the mall or a park) and now I have ditched the cane. :-D
Gramma Jackie

Postby janluvs2heel » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:25 am

Gramma Jackie wrote:Another little victory. Like many people my age, I have osteoarthritis which happens when people lose the cartilage in their joints that acts like padding so the bones don't rub together. Being overweight just made it more painful. I live in a two story house and have to go up and down the stairs all the time. At my all time highest weight I literally had to crawl up the stairs on my hands and knees. That improved as I lost weight, but I still had to just take one stair at a time, esp. going down the stairs. But now I can walk down the stairs normally. I was also using a cane when I had to walk anywhere for a great distance (like in the mall or a park) and now I have ditched the cane. :-D

Wow, GM, that is great news. Congratulations on ditching the cane. I have arthritis in my knees & I know when I am on plan, they do not bother me. However, about 10 days ago, I was at an obedience trial & I was one minute walking, the next minute literally flying thru the air & landed hard on my knees. Immediately I could tell nothing was broken but it was really hurting, I got some ice & used it & elevated it, but I developed a huge bruise & swelling. The next day both knees hurt, but the left one was the worst. I was using my cane. It felt horrible to do that. But it has slowly been getting better. This am I woke up & I have more flexibility in it than I have. Still not where it was, but I am hoping it continues on the mend. I dont feel like I am an old lady anymore. :lol:
One of my friends had a knee injury over a year ago, her Dr. told her she had arthritis, when she said it never bothered me, he told her sometimes an injury will set it off. So she is off for partial knee replacment in Dec. I have tried to get her to just try McDougalling, see if it helps, since she has had all this time but nope, not going to budge her. But I was really nervous that my knee injury might set off my arthritis & I wouldnt get back what I had, but seems to be improving. Thank goodness.
Jan
janluvs2heel

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals