The Two Cats

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: The Two Cats

Postby kittyadventures » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:59 am

Good Morning Everyone.

Loveskale LOL about the Kale.
Simoncat. the SOS thing is no salt no oil and no sugar.

I am trying to be super strict this week. I also am cutting back on my fruit that I tend to eat for any time I am wanting something to nosh on.

it is stupid ... and I am trying to make sure I don't have any chips, popcorn (Unless it is air popped) and no packaged food whatsoever.

IT is a bid to see if I can really get myself below the evil 170# mark.

I am also at the same time making sure I exercise at least 30 minutes everyday.

Food for today

Refrigerator soup.

Refrigerator soup is when you open teh fridge anf throw anything in there you need to use up. I am going to be making this my normal friday soup from now on. Since i shop on Saturdays usually it is perfect.

Todays concoction consists of a giant zuccini some one gave me... four giant carrots a big shallot(size of a regular onion LOL) 4 celery stems. about 1/4 cup of some frozen mixed vegetables in the freezer, 4 mushrooms and 2 cups of beet greens chopped up onto little bitts. and about 5 cups of assorted potatoes that needed to be used up. It made 3 quarts of soup which is enough for all 3 meals... and I am having two handfulls of strawberries too. I probably will add a garden salad to the dinner soup.

Yesterday i Zoomba'd and YAY my knee is only a little sore today.

Todays exercise will be a walk jog combo this afternoon.

Regarding getting the garden tucked in .. That will be happening on Saturday. I am picking off the last of the mini tomatoes. and pulling the plants out. I still have a lot of stuff that seems to be doing just fine. but the squash plants are singing their swan song.. so I am going to pick off the last of those and pull those plants... that bed has my green beans in it but I am going to go ahead and plant the cover crop in among the rows of beans as it can start growing under them and then fill in when I pull them out in a few weeks.
I am picking up some plastic covers. Yesterday morning it was a shivery 47 degrees out. BRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Hope you all are having a good say today!
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Postby simoncat » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi, I am a little tired today. Anyway, that is good on the SOS, KA. I know you can do it. I'm glad to hear your knee is better too. I think it's neat that someone whistled at you.

Well, about the weight, I realized that it has taken me 7 months to lose 35 lbs., so I guess, I don't lose it very fast. Thus, for me, it has been good to be patient and just plod along. On the other hand, some here are luckier and seem to lose pretty quickly; Hopefully, you will too, KA.

Anyway, today's menu was:

b: brown rice with almond milk

l: salad mix with humus and tomatoes

d: Dr. F/s anti-cancer soup 2 bowls (It is really good).

Happy Weekend!! :nod:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whvr8sU/]
[/url]
simoncat

Postby Loveskale » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:19 am

Have a good weekend you two!

KA- that ia fantastic! 8)
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby kittyadventures » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:00 am

HI Ho Everyone and happy Sunday Or monday if you are on the other side of the world in Australia or china 8).

So yesterday was a bad day... i sucked down a bunch of cheese.
:eek: I had a taste of something while we were at Costco and Blargggh! Obviously I have issues with cheese and pretty much most packaged food! Anyway back to the basics today and pushing forward with my goals.

SO more tweaking is going on with my diet... at least there is a plan for this week. I was reading that post Jeff made about amounts of food.. and realized I may have been sabotaging myself by not eating the right amounts of stuff. anyway the plan is 2 cups of a starchy vegetable(Sweet potatoes or yucon golds) 2 cups of either salad or veggetables and 1 fruit at each meal, or 2 cups of a whole grain and 1 cup of fruit. So today and from now on at least thru the holidays Sundays will be preping food for the week.

So today I am making the squash pear soup, a pot of beans, a vegetable soup(zuccinin greens carrots etc) salads ready to grab. enough sweet potatoes and yukon golds for the whole week so I just have to grab what I need. And some small jars of vegetable soup to tide me over should I need a nosh of something.

Fridays will be refrigerator soup day so I can use up what ever I need to. that will be enough soup for Friday and Saturday.

Of course the best layed plans and all that... but I really do want to make it through the holidays with out gaining any or much weight.. Losing weight would be the best of both worlds.

Yesterday for exercise I did walking and some knee and arm strengthening exercises with my stretch bands.

Food so far today is 2 cups normandy blend on bottom of plate, 1.5 cups sweet potatoes on top of that and then 3/4 cup chopped apple on the top of all that. Very yummy! and now my tummy is full but not too stuffed.

I will be processing all my squash from the veggie garden today.. loading it in the freezer. It has been a good garden season all in all and I am hoping to see at least some goodies from the winter garden too. I ordered my Austrian peas for cover crop in 3 beds and I even ordered a package of Kale (Yay) so i can have a lovely variety of fresh greens from my garden. Some of the stuff I planted last weekend is already sprouting out.. so cute.. i love seedlings they are really so cute!

Okay enough goofing around.. got a lot to do today including vacuuming up all the spiders trying to take up residence inside for the winter.

kittyadventures

Postby Loveskale » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Do not lose hope Kitty, you can choose the next thing to go into your mouth to be McD friendly! It happens sometimes to the best of us!

I agree, making sure you eat enough of the "good stuff" makes it possible so you want to eat less of the "baad stuff". After a while, you no longer need to stuff yourself with the "good stuff" and just keep eating it. :nod:
Loveskale

Postby kittyadventures » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:16 pm

Loves Kale.. Thanks so much for teh encouragement. I think sometimes the hardest thing to do is watch out for the little things.

It was a long day today of carving pumpkins and work and just all around living. I am still doing laundry and have kitties all over my lap right now while I post in here.

Today was a mixes bag, i had oatmeal and apples for breakfast, vegetable soup and potatoes for lunch,
dinner has been a lot of grazing of potatoes, apple, banana and I had a some candy bar tonight, a butterfinger.

I am excited to see how the rest of my week turns out, I have lots of food all prepared ahead of time, and am looking forward to getting the habit of planing ahead with my meals. I tend to fly by the seat of my pants in the mornings.

For Funs here are my pumpkins I carved.

kittyadventures

Postby kittyadventures » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:27 pm

In Other news. OMG a coyote just loped past my front window.
Seriously right outside my window and front door.

We have never had one of those in teh neighborhood as long as i have lived here.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Just came back in from checking the sheep and chickens adn making sure it didn't go into the back yard an eat something,

My heart is still pounding.

kittyadventures

Postby Loveskale » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:33 am

KA- That is awesome! I love wildife (As long as it stays away from me).

Those pumpkins are AMAZING! You are so talented!
Loveskale

Postby blondie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:28 am

Your pumpkins are amazing! Funny you mentioned seeing a coyote -- I was sitting here in the quiet house this morning when a train went through town. When they blew the train whistle, I herd a whole chorus of coyotes start yipping and baying at the sound. I have never seen one up close, but I know that the farmers around here keep protective dogs or donkeys in with their sheep and goats to keep the coyotes from getting them.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby kittyadventures » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:40 am

Thanks for the pumpkin COmplements. I love doing them. I do three every year.

THey are so much fun.
As to the Coyotes howling Wow.

Simoncat... I hope you are okay.

today I am having rice with cinnamon for breakfast, and apple chunks
Lunch is vegetable soup and strawberries and sweet potato
and dinner is potato vegetable scramble.

I am doing Mike Teehans Holiday excursion.
So far so good.

My weight has stuck right to 170 on the scale so far, for 3 days in a row.
not going up and not going down. This is a good thing because it is not going UP! I hope it means that it is about to go DOWN!

I have totally upped my starch content on all my meals. And my vegetable amounts too. This has had the interesting effect of reducing me to 3 meals a day with no desire to snack on fruit in the middle. Or anything else either.

I am still struggling with chips and cheese. but I am trying to focus on What Mike Teehan wrtote that DR McDougall told him "You know what to do"

I am also trying to read and watch as many lectures on how dairy and milk affect the body.
Hope you all are having a great day!

kittyadventures

Postby kittyadventures » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:10 am

Yesterday was a great day. I did not eat anything off McDougall and I think with the exception of catsup it was all MWL

Today is going to be harder. IT is a bunco day so I will have to be very careful tonight.

Food for the day...
B: Brown rice with Cinnamon, Pear
L: Vegetable Soup and sweet potato
D: Vegetable soup, Sweet potato and assortted fresh fruit and veggies.
I will be eating before I go, and then just munching on the fruit and veggie trays there.
So far this has worked really well the last two times I went to bunco. The biggest trouble tonight is this friend always has lovely desserts. but I am determined to break that 170 Barrier this week. This morning I was again right on the 170# mark this is four days in a row with out it going up. This is a good thing

Also I have to remind myself I have lost 26# since I came back to McDougalling. All with out starving myself or deprevation of any kind.
My Hair is in better condition, my nails are in better condition and I am in better condition.

In gardening news... I got my Austrian Peas in the mail yesterday and am all excited to get them planted... Depending on how the weekend goes maybe I will do some then. They may have to wait a week too as i still have stuff in the beds I want to plant them in LOL.

I hope they are slug resistent. :lol:
Also in that package Portuguese kale WOOO HOOOO! That will get planted today. :nod:

hope you are all having a great time.

kittyadventures

Postby kittyadventures » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:01 am

Well Thursday ended up being completely off track.

First off The good news.. My Little Brother ... who is a truck driver ended up coming down Interstate 5 last night, so we met up... :D YAY!!!!! When he comes close by me, about 1 or 2 times a year if i am lucky... We try to meet up. Well at the last minute yesterday he got to come down Intersates 5 so late last night We met up at Anderson's Restaurant.. They are famed for their pea soup.

Anyway we had a wonderful visit though it was brief I still ended up taking up way too much of his time as he still needed to drive a bit further last night.

So I had 2 bowls of pea soup and some rye crackers and a cup of decafe coffee. I even had a little roll (which was not gluten free) but with all that pea soup I managed to be okay tummy wise...
So I was totally off MWL last night.
but I am right back to it today and hoping It only affects me for today because of the salt. The pea soup is vegan.. but probably has a bit of oil in it though it was not noticable.

But my eyes are puffy today from the salt. :?
I got it together this morning and I am back on track with

B: sweet potato hash My own concoction and totally YUMMMMM-O if I do say so myself.

L: soup and sweet potato and strawberries

D: curried butternut squash and russet potatoes and salad.

I am also going to start posting my recipes in my food blog

you can find it here at A Gluten Free Me

Here is a picture of breakfast

Hope you are all having a great day!

kittyadventures

Postby Loveskale » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:01 pm

KA- that looks SO yummy!
Loveskale

Postby blondie » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:40 am

Your breakfast looks yummy!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby kittyadventures » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:07 am

Hi Loveskale and Blondie.. Thanks for stopping by and it was extremely delicious. I was surprised at how good it tasted and it was very very filling.
I am really becoming a fan of the sweet potato, since I got a big box of them from the costco last weekend.
Tomorrow I am going to attempt my mom's sweet potato stuffing .. of course after removing the fat etc. from it.

Today is going to be interesting .. I have some butternut squash still in the fridge but .. it is Saturday... when I usually make fresh stuff.
I have tons of stuff in the garden to choose from too.

Well this is what i posted in the Mike Teehans Excursion thread. This may change.

B: Oatmeal, Strawberries
L: butternut squash, russet potatoes
D: Salad and green beans and roasted beets

I have to say the planiing ahead thing is very helpful even if I change it completely or one element of a meal.

Also upping my starch intake per meal.... This is a total win.
I stay full longer and am not snacking inbetween meals now.

What I did.
Breakfast is now 1.5 Cups of oatmeal versus 1 cup

and my starches for meals are 1.5 to 2 cups ... What a difference.

IT shows on the scale too

Today I am at 169 Pounds.
YAY!

Also this week as a bonus my weight did not fluctuate up and down it stayed steady.

Oh well offf to work in the garden and take a walk.

kittyadventures

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals