Rosey - 2011 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby Rosey » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:53 pm

nomikins wrote:You look great, and I love your menu today. I also enjoy a big salad with all sorts of goodies. In the winter, I make a mean cleanouttherefrigerator soup with the same idea.

Keep up the great work. I'm especially impressed with your activity level. :-D

I do soups like that too.

I have been very active for many years now. I love taking really long bike rides, swimming, gardening, and walking. Though my back doesn't like the gardening it handles the rest of it fine.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:59 pm

The 2 year old I babysit and I spent 2 hours down in the swimming pool with him chasing me around in his floaty and me swimming backwards with feet under him. He was having a lot of fun splashing me. Every time I go down to the pool I have to walk down the same hill and up the same hill I do when I go to garden I'll have to take a pic of the hill so I can show it. I was down at garden once today as well.

B: Oatmeal w/ banana
L: everything but the kitchen sink salad
S: bean soup with yukon potatoes
D: Bean soup with yokon potatoes and everything but the kitchen sink salad.

Was a wonderful day other then the sunburn I now have on my back, shoulders<where I wasn't tan yet> and forehead.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:47 pm

today I rough housed in the house with 2 year old and 6 year old was lots of fun.

B: Potatoes w/ salsa
L: Oatmeal with banana
S: home made corn chips with home made salsa
D: big salad with beans on top. mmmmm
Rosey

Postby sksamboots » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:46 pm

Sounds good :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Loveskale » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:53 pm

How did you make the chips?
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby Rosey » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:06 am

Loveskale wrote:How did you make the chips?

I took oil free corn tortillas cut them into triangles put them on non stick cookie sheets. pre heated the oven to 400 degrees and then cooked them for 8 minutes.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:17 am

2 year old and I went for bike ride it's a lot harder to ride it with his trailer hooked to the bike. Laugh. We went 7 miles round trip but in the middle of that we stopped at park and played for 2 hours and ate lunch.

B: Oatmeal w/banana
L: Potatoes w/ salsa and blueberries
D: Rice dish with frozen veggies and salsa
S: same as dinner
Rosey

Postby MmmCarbs » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:44 am

Rosey wrote:2 year old and I went for bike ride it's a lot harder to ride it with his trailer hooked to the bike. Laugh.

Hey, I'll bet a 2 year old does make a good workout aid. You'll get both weight training from the carrying and cardio from the chasing :)
MmmCarbs

Postby Rosey » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:52 am

MmmCarbs wrote:
Rosey wrote:2 year old and I went for bike ride it's a lot harder to ride it with his trailer hooked to the bike. Laugh.

Hey, I'll bet a 2 year old does make a good workout aid. You'll get both weight training from the carrying and cardio from the chasing :)

Yeah He will be 3 in 2 months so he's pretty big and I lift him not only with my arms but he sits on my knees or my feet and I lift him that way too. It's become a game that helps me exercise. Now my father in law is watching our 6 year old nephew and both of them have been wrestling with me. though I had to tell the 6 year old I can't pick him up the same way I do the 2 year old.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:24 am

Was a fun day. Hubby and I went looking at garage sales and I got a booster seat for our truck and also got a Flexstep spirit for me to work out on. Always nice to have something in the house to workout on when days aren't nice enough to go outside.

B: leftover rice dish
L: left over bean soup
D: Thai me up burrito from laughing planet
S: veggies well I was making a veggie salad for potluck tomorrow.

I made a everything but the kitchen sink salad and some Black Eyed peas for the potluck tomorrow and my mom is also making 2 mcdougall dishes for it and if one of Vegan cousins shows up there will be one or 2 more dishes that should be Mcdougall legal too.
Great to have family members that are eating healthy as well.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:27 am

This time last year I was sleeping. Don't know why I'm awake now. Laugh. I was up early last year getting ready to take stuff to the park for Hubby and I's wedding. Hard to believe it's been a whole year. It's been the happiest year of my life. I have definitely been blessed with a wonderful supportive hubby. I couldn't ask for a better soulmate.
Rosey

Postby nomikins » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:05 am

Congratulations!
nomikins

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:20 am

Hey Rosey Posey....Congrats too. Have fun at the pot luck. Do you have any PIC's of your wedding day? I like seeing those....Your an inspiration!
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby nomikins » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:25 am

Hey Rosey, over at Garden's journal you mentioned that you can't go more than two miles before your back and hip starts hurting. While you continue to drop weight and get stronger from exercise, I strongly urge you to go to a local running shoe store to get properly fitted for the correct shoes for your feet. This is so important and is how I got started when I was at 230 pounds. Now I'm running half and full marathons.

If there is a Fleet Feet store, they are among the best, AND, they even have a program called No Boundaries, which helps get you off the couch and to the finish line of a 5K - walking or running! I'm actively involved with a local Fleet Feet store here in central NC and have been part of the No Boundaries program since its inception (it started here in NC). ALL shapes, sizes, and fitness levels are celebrated. A friend who is still over 250 is even a mentor to the beginners. Anyway, the point is: get a proper pair of shoes. Big box stores sell the same brands, but they are not the same quality as the "real" running shoes.

Good luck, and I hope you keep on keepin' on. Well, I already know that you are.
nomikins

Postby Rosey » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:52 am

nomikins wrote:Hey Rosey, over at Garden's journal you mentioned that you can't go more than two miles before your back and hip starts hurting. While you continue to drop weight and get stronger from exercise, I strongly urge you to go to a local running shoe store to get properly fitted for the correct shoes for your feet. This is so important and is how I got started when I was at 230 pounds. Now I'm running half and full marathons.

If there is a Fleet Feet store, they are among the best, AND, they even have a program called No Boundaries, which helps get you off the couch and to the finish line of a 5K - walking or running! I'm actively involved with a local Fleet Feet store here in central NC and have been part of the No Boundaries program since its inception (it started here in NC). ALL shapes, sizes, and fitness levels are celebrated. A friend who is still over 250 is even a mentor to the beginners. Anyway, the point is: get a proper pair of shoes. Big box stores sell the same brands, but they are not the same quality as the "real" running shoes.

Good luck, and I hope you keep on keepin' on. Well, I already know that you are.

I don't think we have a fleet but I've been fitted by Nike I need to get a new pair of those because my weight killed them pretty quick they even had a pair that accounted for my bunyons. Right now I have walking Sandals and they seem to be a lot better then my running Nike's were. It is definitely getting much better since I've been losing weight.
Rosey

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals