Rosey - 2011 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby Rosey » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:46 pm

Loveskale wrote:Homemade salsa sounds awesome :) I make it at least once a week.

Yeah I'll be making it a lot because everyone here loved it.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:47 pm

simoncat wrote:
Rosey wrote:
sksamboots wrote:You are doing awesome!!!!! :D :nod:

Thanks would be even better if I wasn't dealing with the steroids hope that my allergies and asthma behave so I don't have to go back on them again.

Rosey, stick with this. You are doing really well. This diet has "cured" my alopecia-like symptoms (was losing my hair, now it looks great); your asthma will get better!!! You are really doing well and I'm cheering for you. Yeah, Rosey!! :nod:

I'm counting on that. I know it has already solved a lot of the issues I was having. Glad it is helping you too. HUGS!!!
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Today was pretty good my asthma actually didn't act up at all. Tomorrow I'm helping son move into his first apartment on his own. I'm very proud of him.

B: Oatmeal with maple syrup
L: Fingerling potatoes<Can't remember who told me about these but YUMMY thank you!!!>
D: veggie patty with salad.
S: Air popped popcorn with Tabasco and nutritional yeast.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Good day so far today. I got dropped at U haul to get truck for my son then I drove it over and parked it in front of my ex's for my son to load and walked home and will go back later and get the truck and take it to his new place. I also walked to Leslie Sansone's 1 mile walk away the pounds DVD.

B: I had salad with red cabbage, jicama, carrots, anise, bell peppers<red,green,orange, and yellow>, cauliflower, broccoli, green onion, and radishes. with raspberry vinaigrette
L: Yukon gold potatoes and onions browned in nonstick pan.

Haven't had dinner yet but will probably be potato soup.
Rosey

Postby sksamboots » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:52 pm

Hey, sounds like a great day!! keep on keepin on :nod:
sksamboots

Postby RAS » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Hey Rosey,you are doing great.Keep up the good work. RAS
RAS

Postby Rosey » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Thank you both. Today I've mainly just been playing with the 2 year old I babysit. We have done stretches and lifts and fast walking around the livingroom today.

B: same salad I had yesterday I'm just going to call it Everything but the Kitchen sink because that's what the guy that gave me the recipe called it.
S: Oatmeal w/ maple syrup
L: Fingerling potatoes with bbq sauce

that's so far today thinking some more fingerlings with seasons for dinner.
Rosey

Postby MmmCarbs » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:07 am

Hey Rosey,
Since you eat oatmeal a lot I wondered if you'd tried the frozen cherries in it? I learned that here someplace. I put six or eight of them under the oatmeal and the heat thaws them out quickly. They're so sweet I don't even need the maple syrup any more.
MmmCarbs

Postby Rosey » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:25 pm

MmmCarbs wrote:Hey Rosey,
Since you eat oatmeal a lot I wondered if you'd tried the frozen cherries in it? I learned that here someplace. I put six or eight of them under the oatmeal and the heat thaws them out quickly. They're so sweet I don't even need the maple syrup any more.

Definitely sounds like something to try though I don't use much of the syrup I'm only putting 2 teaspoons full into about a cup of oats.
Thinking about getting some gluten free oats to to see if that helps me any. I love my oats.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Good day today walking, gardening, hanging out with nephew and then with hubby and taking a chair to my son and taking him shopping for a few more house hold items.

B: potatoes w/seasonings
L: mashed potatoes with a veggie patty
S: plum
D: thai me up burrito from laughing planet <steamed asian veggies>
S: apple
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:13 am

Hubby and I went down to garden 2 different times to day and weeded and we went for a short 5 mile bike ride. would of been longer but it was really hot.

B: Oatmeal w/banana
L: Black eyed Peas
D: we ate at Nicholas and I ordered a sandwich that didn't say it had oil but when it came to table it did have. Gah. They didn't have anything without oil and wouldn't replace it. I ate a tiny bit of the hummus with pita bread and a little bit of the veggie sandwich but not much because it made me start feeling icky almost instantly.

S: black eyed peas
Rosey

Postby RAS » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi Rosie,Hope you are having good 4th.
You are really doing amazing,keep up the good work,you will be a star Mcdougaller sooner than you think.This woe really works.
RAS

Postby Rosey » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:26 pm

I posted this on circle of friends but thought I should put it in my own journal too. The blonde version of me is at my heaviest when i was killing my hair with bleach and with dark hair is my natural color and me today July 4, 2011.

Today I went for a bike ride with my hubby 16.89 miles along the river bike paths here in Portland area.

B: oatmeal with banana
L: black eyed peas
Haven't had dinner yet but I'm going to have something to snack on then figure out something small to eat at my daughters b-day party at applebees.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:15 am

Yesterday was a great day. Went swimming/exercising from 11am to 1:20pm in our apartments pool. Then I walked down the hill to the garden twice I so hate the up hill part of it though. Laugh.

B: Oatmeal w/ maple syrup
L: Everything but the kitchen sink salad
D: Bean and potato soup.
S: Air popped popcorn with tabasco sauce and nutritional yeast.
Rosey

Postby nomikins » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:53 pm

You look great, and I love your menu today. I also enjoy a big salad with all sorts of goodies. In the winter, I make a mean cleanouttherefrigerator soup with the same idea.

Keep up the great work. I'm especially impressed with your activity level. :-D
nomikins

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals