Rosey - 2011 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby Rosey » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:02 am

I had a lot of fun at the Show and Shine. We walked to Subway and I had a Veggie Delight sub would of been better if I hadn't had the bread. I did tons of walking over the weekend that made me very sore but in a good manner. laugh. My parents took me to cafe yum my moms new favorite restaurant because it serves vegetarian and vegan meals. I had a really yummy brown rice bowl that met Mcdougall standards. It originally comes with cheese but you ask them to take that off and they will either had cabbage or avocado for you. I had them add the cabbage. Did have one meal that had to much oil it was potato pancakes made by a restaurant I forgot to ask them not to use oil so I ate it instead of complaining and oh boy McDougall revenge definitely hit all the way home.

Yesterday I made a big pot of veggie potato soup and also backed up some fingerling potatoes and that's what I had all day. Yummy
The boy I baby sit didn't seem to care for the fingerling potatoes but I loved them.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:52 pm

was a beautiful day today but I had to spend most of it inside because of all the Pollen that was floating through the air. Though I did walk down with hubby when he got home to the garden for just a bit. paying for it a bit now but oh well to beautiful to stay in all day.

B: Oatmeal w/maple syrup
L: Sugar snap peas with hummus
S: Blueberries
D: Homemade Veggie Burgers and baked sweet potato fries.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:16 am

Yesterday was a good day. Walked to Leslie Sansone's Walk away the pounds 1 mile. then took about a mile walk and played at playground with 2 year old I babysit.

B: oatmeal w/ maple syrup and blueberries
L: Salad with one of my veggie patties crumbled into it.
D: Potato soup
S: Air popped popcorn w/ tabasco sauce sprayed on it and nutritional yeast.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:24 am

Yesterday I went for walk to park and played with the kiddo there and of course walked back home.

B: Oatmeal with blueberries
L: potato soup
D: Burrito from laughing planet <think this is why I'm bloated today>
S: Air popped popcorn with tabasco and nutritional yeast
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:14 pm

Hubby and I went to car show today in Clatskanie, OR it was a lot of fun and we took some oil free pita bread and put black bean and salsa hummus in it with spring mix lettece and also baked some corn tortillas cut up like chips and had the hummus with those later in the day. Also took some banana's with us. really fun day and stayed on plan. We had oatmeal with banana's before we went as well. Then got home and ate a potato. Lots and lots of walking well looking at cars and taking pictures of them.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:27 am

WOOT!!! the biggest shirt the car show had yesterday was a 2X and this morning I tried it on just to see and it fits. WOOT I love going down in sizes.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Did good today. Did a lot of walking and though ending up with a sunburn is bad. I even had sun screen on.

B: Oatmeal w/ banana
L: Black bean w/ salsa and lettuce
D: Salad bar at Pietro's since my sweetie wanted pizza well we were at car show.
S: Air popped popcorn with Tabasco sauce and nutritional yeast.

Pretty sure it's the steroids that are still in my system causing my bloating annoying.
Rosey

Postby sksamboots » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:04 pm

You are doing awesome!!!!! :D :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Rosey » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:39 pm

sksamboots wrote:You are doing awesome!!!!! :D :nod:

Thanks would be even better if I wasn't dealing with the steroids hope that my allergies and asthma behave so I don't have to go back on them again.
Rosey

Postby sksamboots » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Keep that head up. With the weight loss your asthma can only improve. Just keep taking it one bite at a time :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Rosey » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:09 pm

thanks for the encouragement Boots.

Today I went to doctors and my BP was up just a tiny bit and she was freaking about it. Told me to add no salt at all to my foods.

B: Oatmeal with banana
L: baked yukon gold potato w/ home made Fresh Salsa<from MWL book> though I did make it spicier then the book did.
D: Salad w/ raspberry vinaigrette and a baked yukon gold potato with more of the salsa

E: walk
Rosey

Postby sksamboots » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Well, blood pressure fluctuates. It just does. And you need some salt in your diet for the iodine, so be careful with that--okay? :D :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Loveskale » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:46 pm

Homemade salsa sounds awesome :) I make it at least once a week.
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby simoncat » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Rosey wrote:
sksamboots wrote:You are doing awesome!!!!! :D :nod:

Thanks would be even better if I wasn't dealing with the steroids hope that my allergies and asthma behave so I don't have to go back on them again.

Rosey, stick with this. You are doing really well. This diet has "cured" my alopecia-like symptoms (was losing my hair, now it looks great); your asthma will get better!!! You are really doing well and I'm cheering for you. Yeah, Rosey!! :nod:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whvr8sU/]
[/url]
simoncat

Postby Rosey » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:39 pm

sksamboots wrote:Well, blood pressure fluctuates. It just does. And you need some salt in your diet for the iodine, so be careful with that--okay? :D :nod:

yeah I know I need some. Was kinda shocked when she was so serious about not adding any when she knows I don't really add it to my foods I cook at home so only time I'm getting much is when hubby decides to go out. Didn't realize how much salt I was getting in the burrito I was getting either till I look at the nutrition facts on line. oh wow.
Rosey

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals