Rosey - 2011 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby Rosey » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:09 am

Haven't posted for a few days been feeling pretty sick. was around someone that had the flu and got it instantly. Hopefully my immune system gets better longer I'm on this so I quit getting sick every time someone comes around me sick.

Been eating on plan now that I'm keeping it down but for 2 days there I wasn't. :crybaby:

was 302lbs this morning. I know I shouldn't weigh so much but I love that it's going down again.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:13 pm

300lbs this morning. WOOT!!! Went to doctors today and my blood pressure was normal but my asthma is acting up. Which is why I went in. Pretty sure it's because I spent all day outside at a Bug Run. Between the pollen, and the exhaust of the cars. Doctor added 5 days of steroids to make it so I can breath I hate taking those but breathing is important.

she was really impressed with my blood pressure being down and with my weight being a lot lower then last time. When she asked what I was doing I told her following the McDougall Program and she goes oh that's a great program. and then wrote on my release papers that she was glad to see me making good nutritional choices.
Rosey

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Rosey wrote:

she was really impressed with my blood pressure being down and with my weight being a lot lower then last time. When she asked what I was doing I told her following the McDougall Program and she goes oh that's a great program. and then wrote on my release papers that she was glad to see me making good nutritional choices.

Rosey, that's really great that your doctor is positive....you go girl :lol:
Gypsy

Postby Rosey » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:47 am

Gypsy wrote:Rosey, that's really great that your doctor is positive....you go girl :lol:

Yeah it ROCKS that they are all positive about my way of eating I have talked to 2 of the others so far about it too because they give me which ever doctor happens to be available in the office but try to keep me with the 3 I have talked to so far and WOOT they all are backing me on this way of eating.

I'm having a hard time not getting on the scales every morning since I have a weight loss every morning. laugh. I'm loving it. Once I'm back to 254lbs I'll love it even more because it will mean I'm losing from point I was before my hysterectomy. I had that and gained a lot of it back. I'm getting there though 298.5lbs this morning I'm out of my 3's. WOOT!!!!
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Today was tough for me. I pulled a muscle in my stomach from coughing so hard when my body was trying to get rid of the mucus from my allergies. I spent a good part of the day laying down with ice pack on my pulled muscle. I mainly had water and I was bad and had a snickers bar then later I had some stew from MWL book but other then that I really didn't eat much just wasn't feeling like eating. Think part of that is the steroids the doctor has me on.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:59 am

was feeling a little better yesterday morning think the steroids are finally starting to kick in. though not completely yet. Hubby took me to Sweet Tomatoes and shopping last night and got more potatoes, oatmeal, and a few veggies at Costco.

B: Oatmeal w/maple syrup
S: apple
L: left over stew with brown rice
D: BIG salad at Sweet Tomatoes and a bowl of there split pea soup

The soup was a little to salty for me because I'm bloated this morning gah. wish I wasn't so sensitive to salt.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:30 pm

Feeling a little better today but still icky.

B: oatmeal w/ maple syrup
L: Sugar snap peas, carrots, and cantaloupe
S: Blueberries
D: Browned potatoes w/ mrs dash table blend and fat free bbq sauce
S: air popped popcorn with Tabasco sauce and nutritional yeast

walked around some in grocery store hoping that my allergies wouldn't act up but they still did because of someones perfume gah.
Rosey

Postby RAS » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:26 am

You are doing great.One step at a time.Sorry about the asthma and allergies,they can be rough.& Prednisone works well where needed but its a killer to get use to. Your eating plan looks pretty good.& remember you are not bad when you eat something off plan.Don't give food any power. I try to think that way it's an on-going process. RAS
RAS

Postby MmmCarbs » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:22 am

Hi Rosey, sounds like you're doing really well with your eating. I hate having to breathe a bunch of perfume at work or shopping. I'm always amazed the wearer can tolerate it themselves.
MmmCarbs

Postby Rosey » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:00 pm

RAS wrote:You are doing great.One step at a time.Sorry about the asthma and allergies,they can be rough.& Prednisone works well where needed but its a killer to get use to. Your eating plan looks pretty good.& remember you are not bad when you eat something off plan.Don't give food any power. I try to think that way it's an on-going process. RAS

I learned the not letting the slips get me down a long time ago. But oh boy my body sure tells me about it the older I get.

The Prednisone does help but it also makes it so I doesn't lose as easy to but it's a necessity at moment to be able to breath. I'm taking great hope in fact that I've heard from many that they don't have as many problems with Asthma since they have been on this WOE.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:05 pm

MmmCarbs wrote:Hi Rosey, sounds like you're doing really well with your eating. I hate having to breathe a bunch of perfume at work or shopping. I'm always amazed the wearer can tolerate it themselves.

Yeah I'm often amazed they can breath with all that on. I know they sure make it hard for me to breath. I walked past a guy yesterday that not only had strong cologne on but also was smoking and went into a bad asthma attack. Hubby helped me get my inhaler and some boys asked if I was ok. Hubby told them I would be that the cigerette smoke made my asthma act up and I saw both of them put away there cigerettes instead of lighting them. I was very thankful that they were so thoughtful.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:09 pm

I didn't write here yesterday. I read but wasn't feeling so hot so didn't do more then that. I made some homemade hummus yesterday and also some home made veggie burgers both turned out yummy. Even my father in law liked them and he's been the picky one. Hubby has liked almost everything I've made so far. Only thing he didn't like I didn't either so that works.

b: oatmeal with applesauce and banana
L: Hummus with corn tortilla chips made out of oil free corn tortillas.
S: rice cake with hummus and sugar snap peas
D: Home made Veggie Patties and salad.
S: Sugar snap peas with hummus.
Rosey

Postby Christine in Cali » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:25 am

I have a townie electra

Rosey....I have one of these bike too and I love it. So much easier to ride then say a mountain bike. I just need to get on it more.

You are doing incredible keep up the good, great, fantastic work! I'm rootin' fer ya

C in C
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Rosey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:06 am

Christine in Cali wrote:
I have a townie electra

Rosey....I have one of these bike too and I love it. So much easier to ride then say a mountain bike. I just need to get on it more.

You are doing incredible keep up the good, great, fantastic work! I'm rootin' fer ya

C in C

Thanks C in C. I love mine too and hubby got me a trailer that I can attach for the little boy I babysit. Was using it quite a bit till my allergies started affecting my asthma. Will again here soon since it's sorta under control again.

I know eating this way I will lose the rest and get my health back. My body right now is so getting rid of toxins just by eating this way. My doctor told me that eating this way is cleaning out the toxins and could make me feel worse before it makes me feel better. I'm holding out for the better.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:03 pm

My Allergies/Asthma seem a lot better today which is good thing since I'm traveling down to my families once hubby gets home from work. We are going to go to a car show/cruise in with family tomorrow.

B: rice cakes with hummus
L: potatoes with bbq sauce
S: sugar snap peas with hummus
D: Probably going to be a salad at sweet tomatoes or something to that affect.
Rosey

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals