Rosey - 2011 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby Anna Green » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:51 am

Hi lady! So glad you got help! Now you gonna share what it is that helps?
Anna Green

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:59 am

That is wonderful news! I am so impressed with your perseverance.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Rosey » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:31 am

Anna Green wrote:Hi lady! So glad you got help! Now you gonna share what it is that helps?

I didn't because it's not legal in all states. it is in state I live in though. I decided to give it a try after lot of studying and seeing it help my sisters and a few other people.
Rosey

Postby Anna Green » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Rosey, I know exactly what you are talking about and yes it works!
Anna Green

Postby Rosey » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:36 am

My goodness sure hope they swelling goes down before Friday I weighed a lot more this morning then I did last 2 Fridays. I'm swollen enough today that my socks don't fit. I am trying to look at positive side of life because there are a lot of those too. Just not where my swelling and weight are concerned at moment. We got Taxes back and that is going to fix our car and pay it off so that I can sale it and get me an automatic like I want since Doctors told me no more manual over a year ago now. Will be nice to have a vehicle I can drive again.
Rosey

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:55 am

Rosey wrote:HUGS!!! found something that takes away most of my pain now to see if that helps my body start healing. Never thought I would find something that would work on me for that but glad I did I feel like moving again. Even my Mom goes wow you just got up of that chair without looking like it killed you. Hope since I feel like moving it will help me lose this extra weight I've had on for ever.

This is SUCH GOOD NEWS! I'm sure you are talking about the same medication that my son uses for his bipolar disorder, and I wish "they" would pull their heads out and realize what a benefit to all kinds of human suffering it could be. Just legalize it already, right?

But I'm happy for you! Excited to see your life fill up with good things, now that the pain is being managed.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Rosey » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:53 am

bunsofaluminum wrote:
Rosey wrote:HUGS!!! found something that takes away most of my pain now to see if that helps my body start healing. Never thought I would find something that would work on me for that but glad I did I feel like moving again. Even my Mom goes wow you just got up of that chair without looking like it killed you. Hope since I feel like moving it will help me lose this extra weight I've had on for ever.

This is SUCH GOOD NEWS! I'm sure you are talking about the same medication that my son uses for his bipolar disorder, and I wish "they" would pull their heads out and realize what a benefit to all kinds of human suffering it could be. Just legalize it already, right?

But I'm happy for you! Excited to see your life fill up with good things, now that the pain is being managed.

I feel so much better I'm glad it is Legal in Oregon.
Rosey

Postby Idgie » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:59 pm

Rosey, I have so many friends for whom your solution has been a miracle for their chronic pain. If I ever get my chronic pain back (hope I don't), I'll give it a try. It's legal here, too, but I've never tried it, either medicinally or recreationally.
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby Rosey » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:52 am

Idgie wrote:Rosey, I have so many friends for whom your solution has been a miracle for their chronic pain. If I ever get my chronic pain back (hope I don't), I'll give it a try. It's legal here, too, but I've never tried it, either medicinally or recreationally.

I hadn't till now and even then I was checking out stuff about it before I tried it. I'm glad I did try it now.
Rosey

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:31 am

They're even legalizing it for medicinal use in Utah (my home state)...but it's been a battle, I must say. The legislator who introduced the bill has to go to NV or CO (can't remember which) for his medicinal, because he uses it in his fight with chronic pain. It is so incredibly frustrating in this state that every single bill or law must be run through the gamut of "church approval" :mad: and this bill was no exception

But thankfully, there is finally a bill going through and Utah will have something for pain and seizure management that has been needed for a LONG LONG time. I''m glad you found it, Rosey!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Rosey » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:13 am

bunsofaluminum wrote:They're even legalizing it for medicinal use in Utah (my home state)...but it's been a battle, I must say. The legislator who introduced the bill has to go to NV or CO (can't remember which) for his medicinal, because he uses it in his fight with chronic pain. It is so incredibly frustrating in this state that every single bill or law must be run through the gamut of "church approval" :mad: and this bill was no exception

But thankfully, there is finally a bill going through and Utah will have something for pain and seizure management that has been needed for a LONG LONG time. I''m glad you found it, Rosey!

I think it should only be legal for medical reasons but I'm so glad it's taking my pain almost completely away. It doesn't get all the back pain but most of it. The Fibro it gets what I feel without being touched but I still have hot spots when touched. The swelling pain it takes all of.

This week I haven't been doing so good on not eating out but even with the eating out doing ok food wise.
Rosey

Postby moonlight » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi Rosey, good for you for trying the weed for pain management, and that it works for you. I have a friend who uses it for fibro pain.
moonlight

Postby Rosey » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:55 am

I have fibro pain along with a few other kinds all of which are either gone or bare able with it.
Rosey

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:58 pm

Rosey - Just curious, I’ve only used the stuff recreationally, and quite a while ago, but it always made be very hungry (the munchies, and a touch of paranoia, too). Are you having any side effects like that?
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Rosey » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:51 pm

Lyndzie wrote:Rosey - Just curious, I’ve only used the stuff recreationally, and quite a while ago, but it always made be very hungry (the munchies, and a touch of paranoia, too). Are you having any side effects like that?

No I'm not but I was having a whole lot of pain like bad enough it was making me fall. I'm actually less hungry which isn't good because I'm not hungry most the time anyway. I've also heard the way it's taken has an affect on the side affects too.

Well the scales may be up but I went to get new bras and shirt and I am in a 1X instead of a 3X now. my biggest was a men's 6X so I'm happy with the 1X women's.
Rosey

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals