New Year, New Me!

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: New Year, New Me!

Postby mtns » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:40 pm

I love that quote. I need to post that up somewhere.
Kathy
mtns

Postby kirstykay » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:42 pm

I did it! I had a great day today. 100% compliance! I was beginning to wonder if it was possible, but I did it, and I can do it again tomorrow!

Food Today
Bkfs: Oatmeal with apples
Lunch: Cabbage soup and mashed potatoes
Dinner: 16 bean chili with brown rice
snack: baby carrots

Exercise: Jillain Michaels Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism DVD
-did this with my son after school...really fun! May be my new Wedndesday routine!

Gratitude: I'm incredibly grateful for a really good day. I'm also thankful to have another day to spend with my family...a 7th grader at my son's school died suddenly yesterday from a previously undiagnosed brain tumor...you just never know! They have a picture of her with her team at school wearing a t-shirt that says: "Life is a gift, make every day count." So, I'm incredibly grateful for a really good day...

Quotable Quote of the Day:

Life is a gift, make every day count.
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby kkrichar » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:08 pm

Yay Kirsty!!!! Congratulations on your compliance and the exercise!! We will get this. We will!

That's really sad about about your son's school mate. We never know how long we have. We should act like it more often.

I had a great day today too. This is what I want to see when I look back on my life. Days like today. Let's make more!

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Postby jsl » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:19 pm

Kirsty, you're doing awesome! I like that you turned yesterday around and MADE it great...and that today was 100%...you're going to do great this year...

And you're not the only one still trying to slay the feast beast...
-Jenni

jsl

Postby Veg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:11 am

Just wanted to drop in and let you know I've been following along and that at times you are even inspiring me.
nettles & sassafras
Veg

Postby kirstykay » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:01 pm

KK-glad you had a great day, too! We can build on even a little success!

Jenni and MMXI-Thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate the kind thoughts!

Today was Day 2 of total compliance! If feels so great to do the right thing! Why can't I always remember this feeling when considering straying off plan? Well...maybe next time I will!

Food Today:
BKFS:Oatmeal with cherries and almond milk (no sugar)
Lunch: Salad bar at Whole Foods! Yummy! I tried their "Detox Salad" that has no oil in it...and had that over a bunch of mixed greens and added some roasted sweet potatoes. It was very yummy!
Snack: Air Popped Popcorn
Dinner: Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Chickpeas http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2011/01/sp ... kpeas.html
OMG!!! YUMMY! YUMM! YUMMM! My whole family LOVED it. I did roast the garlic and mixed in the whole head! I also added mushrooms and sauted them with the onions (which I carmelized)...anyway...this is definately a keeper!

Exercise:
30 minutes Elliptical, level 8-personal trainer program
60 minutes Total Body Strength class- boy am I sore tonight!!! I guess that's good. :?

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.~Robert Collier

Gratitude: Today I am grateful for my friend Becky. She's an amazing woman, and such a gift to me as a friend.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend at Panera in the morning. I plan to do my workout before we meet, and to go full so I'm not tempted to eat. Panera is a very bad trigger for me lately. I should have suggested that we meet somewhere else, but we always meet there, and I just wasn't thinking. So, there's no law that says I have to eat. I'll just have tea. Journaling about it will keep me accountable.

kirstykay

Postby ron_dem » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:43 am

Enjoyed your new postings, Positive thinking brings about positive results are you are doing. Its funny when things get muddled in my life, I just take it down to basics, to be grateful to have something to eat and a warm roof over your head with people that are about you, the rest is bonus.
[color=#408000]"Vegan...... for Life"[color]
ron_dem

Postby AranMC » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:08 pm

I'm on the journey with you too... 80lbs to go for me too and I will do this, we will all do this together..

*hug*

Aran
"It's not a Diet, It's a Way of Life!"

AranMC

Postby kirstykay » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:03 pm

Thanks Ron Dem and AranMC! We WILL do this!

Had another great day today. On plan, oh Yeah! 3 great days under my belt, and ready for a great weekend. I made the potato cabbage tomato casserole that MMXI took pictures of making earlier this month. It was very tasty, but next time, I'll use more potatoes next time. It was nice to make another new dish that the fam likes! I've got everything ready to make chili tomorrow for the BIG GAME on Sunday. My DD and mom are coming over again after church to watch it...GO BEARS!!!

Food Today
Go Lean crunch with almond milk
left over squash and brussels sprouts from last night
air popped popcorn
potato cabbage casserole and mixed green veggie salad

Exercise: 30 min cardio, easy-
pretty sore from yesterdays workout

Quotable Quote of the day:
For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?
- James Allen

Gratitude:
I'm thankful that my daughter calls me just to talk. I love that she shares the details of her life with me even though she doesn't live at home anymore. She is a beautiful gift.

kirstykay

Postby RAS » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:37 am

Hi KK I like your smiley face.!Glad your doing good.Also liked the comment we can reach out with our hands and move foward in the dark...that is what we are kind of doing here with supporting each other.Keep on doing good.RAS
RAS

Postby nomikins » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:03 am

Great work! It's going to get easier, I assure you. When I'm organized and have planned ahead, I get to string multiple days in a row of full compliance. It feels terrific. Let's hang on to that terrificness. :)
nomikins

Postby AranMC » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Tomorrow I'm gonna go through all my recipe books (well maybe not all, there's so many) and find recipes that I can McDougalise... I'll make my own recipe books....
I'll share them too.. I'm not mean..lol

Aran
"It's not a Diet, It's a Way of Life!"

AranMC

Postby Veg » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:38 pm

Hey KK! I like how that rolls off my tounge. :P Glad to hear the fam liked your casserole. We'll have to extend our thanks to nomikins for the original inspiration. It can be the start of a base for tweaking many variations of it if you'd like to mix it up and sub another vegetable. I'm thinking instead of cabbage next time maybe squash, or instead of potatoes make it sweet potatoes. Maybe green peppers instead of onion? There are many things to try.
nettles & sassafras
Veg

Postby lydia » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:19 am

I just can't resist saying.....GO PACK!!!!! Will join you in watching the game ...just from a different perspective.
lydia

Postby kirstykay » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:09 pm

What a sad day for Da Bears! :crybaby: I'm sure you're happy, Lydia! Congrats on your team going to the Super Bowl. :crybaby: That game was hard to watch. :crybaby:

My weekend was great! I don't get to post much over the weekend 'cause I'm usually busy with family stuff. So, getting on the boards tonight and seeing all your responses was really great! Thank you all for your support and encouragement! You are amazing, and I feel blessed to be walking this road with you all!

My DH joined my gym a couple of months ago, and we thought it would be fun to workout together sometimes. Well, Saturday was the FIRST time we actually could go! So, we did a strength class and a spin class together (his first spin class), and it was sooooooo much fun! :-D We're going to try to do it every Saturday...well, 3x/month-we have to practice for worship team once a month on Sat. morn, so that's out. We came home feeling so energized! I have a new workout schedule that I'm going to stick to for the next six weeks, and see how much I can improve my fitness level. I started it out with a fitness test and measurements so I can measure my improvement. Working out with DH is part of my new schedule. I'll also be weighing in tomorrow, I expect to see some downward movement based on how my clothes are feeling.

Food Today:
Oatmeal with cherries
potato fries with salsa (yum!)
mixed greens with fruit
16 bean chili with brown rice and cornbread

Exercise Today: None-Rest day

Gratitude: Exercising with my DH. Loving spending time with him, and enjoying being active together...more and more the healthier I get. I'm thankful to be able to look forward to our future as the kids get older instead of dreading it!

The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
~Frank Loyd Wright

kirstykay

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals