NancyG2011

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: NancyG2011

Postby ncyg46 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:23 am

Jubilee..

we had a great time there...and Bo is a one man screen printing guy in Vermont with young family. I ran into him thru one of the blogs I read and also on Facebook and think he is a great guy! He does other designs also. Last year I had some of his decals and gave them out for the Solar Potluck and he started getting orders from Az and couldn't figure it out! I bought 3 shirts from his FB special that he ran one time which was buy one, get two free! Been advertising for him every since! I have seen those stickers in quite a few places out west! Gave out over 60 this year and hopefully he will get some orders! His website is eatmorekale.com

I also met Chile and her husband and totally enjoyed it! :D
ncyg46

Postby carollynne » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:43 am

Dear Nancy, So sorry to hear about your kids, it is alarming to have a Blood sugar up that high. glad he is getting it under control now. We all have to help our kids, and that is what we do too. Adults but still need us. I will be praying for him and you too for your smoking.
I love the Joshua Tree and your photo too. I love kale in fact. And collard greens too. Well anyway, I too remember the school drills of sitting under your desk, and in the hallway, as if that would help. My dad refused to have any shelter in the back yard and we did have a basement.
Will have to log onto flickr and see about a picture on my post too.
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby ncyg46 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:59 am

Whoo! Hoo!!! I feel great! Went online and ordered my tickets for Forks Over Knives!!!! They were available this morning! Looking forward to seeing it! I missed the premiere on May 5th with the speakers but oh well...

Son is still having major problems but I can no longer help him. Sugar is better but he'll probably run out of meds again, and he had a tumor removed from his liver and his Hep C is going viral. The dr wants to keep trying different meds but I can't afford to help out anymore and still live myself so we will see what happens...
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:12 pm

whoo-hoo again! Someone just gave me a pair of Calvin Klein bell bottoms jeans that have been passed around and nobody fit in them. They are a size 8! And brand new. Now does anyone want size 10 Medium Levi womens 505 low cut jeans? The 8's are a bit loose on me so I could probably go down one size but they are great for now!!! My other ones need to be washed but they are 4" too big in the waist! :D :D :D :D
ncyg46

Postby Gypsy » Tue May 10, 2011 6:23 pm

:D Wow...your lucky day...congratulations. :lol:
Gypsy

Postby ncyg46 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Gypsy wrote::D Wow...your lucky day...congratulations. :lol:

thanks! If anyone wants the two pairs of levi jeans, let me wash them and just pay the shipping!!!!! Getting tired of them falling down. They are womens low rise 505's, size 10 medium. One is dark navy, the other is acid washed! :D
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Sun May 15, 2011 3:05 pm

went to see Forks Over Knives on Friday! Very good movie...actually many of the film clips that they presented in the movie was also in Diet for a New America parts 1-8 on Youtube! I really enjoyed it. :D
ncyg46

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon May 16, 2011 6:59 am

Hi Nancy

I'm so sorry about your son. When people do not take care of themselves, they reap a harvest of illness later on, eh?

but it's way cool about the size 8's being too big (that'll NEVER happen for me...10's are the size I'm aiming for...but I'm also 5'8" and medium bone structure, not petite at all) and wonderful about Forks Over Knives. I hope it comes to Netflix, cuz the movie isn't showing in Ogden theatres.

keep on going! You're doing great!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby ncyg46 » Sat May 21, 2011 11:02 pm

I scored at Goodwill on Friday....found two pairs of jeans...Calvin Klein size 6 and Sassoon size 5/6. Also a Calphanon pan 9" square that was a very good price. They also had a 9x13 pan but it is too big for my ovens. Also a Dirt Devil with a broken belt but all the parts so for 10.00 and change I ordered new belts for it! I went to the register and the poor girl was so flustrated with the register cause I printed out 3 coupons for 20% off for the girls that went and the register was giving her problems. When she gave me back my change, I said, "hon, you need to re-ring it...you are giving me back change from a 50.00 for my entire purchase instead of my change. I couldn't do that to her so I spoke up. She thanked me big time cause it would have come out out of her paycheck it she was short at the end of the day. My motto is what goes around comes around and she was very appreciative! The two ladies behind me smiled! I felt much better for the entire day! My change was 10.00 and change and she was counting out 38.00 something to give back to me and I had to say something! I know some people wouldn't but I couldn't live with myself if I did that to her....We took a girls day out on Friday and we left at noon and got home at 7:00. I found an area in Happy Valley that I had never seen before. The clothing stores I really wasn't interested in but they had one store that I want to go back to. It sells olive oil NOT and balsamic vinagers. The Raspberry vinegar was soooooo good! Now i have to find 4 that I like to get some!!!! They have an entire tasting thing where you can taste them all before buying so I need to find 4 that I like!!!! :D :D I still have to remember the name of that one store that I liked...Something Charlies. They had the most beautiful necklaces!!!
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:27 pm

A new photo for today... I am down to 110. We went out to lunch at Macaroni Grill and I ordered a pasta dish that had pine nuts, mushrooms and spinach in it and told them NO OIL, NO BUTTER, saute in wine and lemon. Well they have no clue on how to do that so I will add some lemon and eat the other half tonite. They didn't even wilt the spinach long enough. I am over that place, but they remembered us from last time when I wrote to corporate and complained about the meal and got a 25.00 gift card. It wasn't that we were planning to go there but I got a
buy one entree, get one free and I figured since we had to go to Radio Shack in the same center for some electrical supplies for Ed's solar panel that it would be okay. I didn't get sick from it but they must make up their pasta and let it sit and then just heat it up in the oil. Guess I won't go there again!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ncyg46/5892423638/
ncyg46

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi, Nancy,
You are looking so good...thanks for posting the picture. :D
Sharon
Gypsy

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:40 pm

thanks! When I get my blood teste done in November when i get to medicare I will post the results! Don't want to pay for it before that..... :D :D
ncyg46

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:31 pm

wow you look amazing!

and how brave of you to go to Macaroni Grill :lol: I like their food a LOT, but it is so rich.

Is that horrible major fire near you?
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Buns...no the fires are south of us, north of us, and a few other places but they predict up to 118 this week so it is really dry! They are selling fireworks but you can't use them in any city around here so we will see what fires we have after the 4th! Me, I am going to watch Macy's fireworks on tv on Monday night!! The smoke from the fires are going east so we aren't bothered by it. The one fire crossed the border to New Mexico. We saw on the news today that the fire dept. put out two brush fires here in New River in the past few days but they got it!
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:41 pm

and you are right...I can't eat there anymore. They did it like I asked but it was precooked pasta, and the other ingredients and it sucked so no more. It's off my list. I only did it cause we were going to be in the area and i had the free coupon. They do NOT know how to saute in wine or lemon and get it right. Yuck!!!!!!!! :D
ncyg46

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals