Teresa's No Processed Food Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Teresa's No Processed Food Journal

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:12 pm

Teresa1986 wrote:I think it started when Ms. D said she wanted something sweet a few days ago.
:eek: :eek: :eek: Oh no, you can't blame it on me! :wink:

What I did was make myself a little bowl of oats - my usual breakfast is over a cup of rolled oats dry, then add lots of water - and this little bowl was like 1/2 cup dry and lots of water. After it cooked and got thick, I sprinkled on a teensy bit of cinnamon, maybe 1/4 tsp. because that tastes sweet to me, and mashed a banana into the whole mess. It was like pudding and then I was happy. (Even after that I was still hungry later and had something else, IIRC)

For me, concentrated sugars trigger more cravings sometimes, so I have to be careful with things like raisins and dates. :oops: I have some real nice juicy Medjool dates in the fridge right now, because my son wanted them - because Jeff has them in the video. :\ I love those dates and I don't dare touch them right now. But that's me, you might be different.
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Teresa1986 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:14 pm

Ms. D I should have came here and read first. I am not blaming you :shock: :D I think it came from power of suggestion. :D I am making it past and I am not going to eat anything processed. Partly because Bob does not think I can do it. But I have been McDing for 3 years so I am not a newbie. It all started with the weekend at my brothers when I had the carrot cake and a cookie. But he does keep us all honest that is for sure.

Hope you week does not get to be to much for you. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHMutQn/]
Teresa1986

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:06 am

Teresa, I was just kidding about the sweets not being blamed on me. I don't know for sure what the cause is, but today I'm having potatoes and cabbage for breakfast to see if that helps. I like this cabbage I made the other day with Italian seasonings and tomatoes and onions. It is slightly sweet too. :unibrow: Sometimes I have leftovers for breakfast and my normal "breakfast" foods for supper.
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:38 am

Hey Teresa. I just read on the food thread that you are worried about not losing weight as fast as Debbie. Aren't you the gal who is closer to goal anyway? I think that if you don't have as much to lose, you probably won't have a huge drop like some of the rest of us. Don't compare yourself, just focus on what you are doing.

Are you using any canned foods that have sodium in them? Look at the calories per serving and the sodium per serving. If the sodium is more than the calories, don't eat it!

I think that for most, cutting sodium is crucial and it helps cut appetite too. I suspect that might be what is behind my cravings for sweets, have to look over things here and see. I think what happened is that my vegetable dish got seasoned with some chili powder that had salt in it. The jar is gone now so I can't check, but I have gone over all my other spices and blends and culled the ones with added salt so it can't happen again. :shock:
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Teresa1986 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 am

Thank you Mrs. D! That could be it. I, like Debbie, have never really worried about the salt, because my blood pressure is really low. In fact Dr. have told me in the past to add salt so my pressure would be higher. I know I should no use it and I try not to, but I do like it. I don't use any canned veggie with salt added and I really don't use canned veggies at all. I make my own beans and rice and keep them frozen in 1 cup serving sizes. But I have been adding a small amount of salt to the top of my food when I eat it. On Saturday when I made the "fried" potatoes I added spices, but still thought they needed salt so added some and then added some more. It was Saturday night I wanted something sweet. So you may be onto something here. Ok, starting today no salt for a week? maybe a month? :lol: :eek: Only because I need to start small so I am going with a week right now. Which just means no adding at the table. =)

Oh, I am just above my 25 BMI I think 150 is 25 BMI for me. But when I saw luvoatmeal is my same height and weights 117 that is where I want to go. :D So help me my friend and all my there friends on this board. :D

New day new weeks. Off to a good start and we will see where this takes us. :D
Teresa1986

Postby Teresa1986 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:13 am

New day! Yesterday was great - no salt on anything and I did not use any canned products that have added salt in them. :D
So today cooking up 3 different kinds of beans and 2 rice cookers full of rice to have for the week!!
I did try red chard last night - mmmm..... not sure I am a fan. I bought it to up my green and yellow veggie and thought I should try new ones. After I got home I saw all the posts telling Ms. D to just eat the ones she likes and I thought wow that is a thought. So I think I will go back to the cabbage, spinach and the other green veggies that I know I love. :D On ward and all that stuff!!
Teresa1986

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:23 am

Teresa1986 wrote: After I got home I saw all the posts telling Ms. D to just eat the ones she likes and I thought wow that is a thought. So I think I will go back to the cabbage, spinach and the other green veggies that I know I love. :D On ward and all that stuff!!

Isn't it nice to know you don't have to eat the stuff you don't like? Like being set free. :nod:
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Teresa1986 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:41 pm

Certainly is nice to know. :D

Off to a good start today. Am leaving in a few to meet my manager for lunch :eek: Planning to just have a salad!!
Teresa1986

Postby Teresa1986 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:18 am

Ok trying to follow in Ms. D foot steps :D Tons of greens yesterday and no salt = down a pound!! :D :D So going to try and do it again today. What helped the most yesterday was I went out to lunch with my manager and there was nothing on the menu that was friendly except one of the salads with changes. The salad was called Fields of Greens sounds healthy. :D So what I had was a plate full of mixed greens, red peppers, tomatoes and that was it. The salad came with feta cheese and candied pecans with dressing. I had those left off. So I think I was pretty successful. Eating out just takes knowing what to do and how to order and not being afraid to order food the way you want it. :D
Teresa1986

Postby nomikins » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:33 am

Good job on the salad. I just keep in mind that it's just a single meal, not a feast. Eat more later when you get hungry.

Hubby and I went out to eat last night at a little diner . I ordered the four veggie plate. There were a number of vegetable options, but he could not confirm if they were already seasoned with butter, but would check the kitchen and make the necessary substitutions for me.

My meal ended up consisisting of double broccoli, black beans, and Mexican rice (rice with tomato paste, peppers, onions). I asked for the broccoli to be steamed, with no oil/butter or seasoning. My meal came out exactly as I requested and it was delicious.

For his trouble, the waiter got a more generous tip. It was a win-win.
nomikins

Postby Teresa1986 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:04 am

Yes down again!! I am thinking my whole problem was the salt. Thank you Mrs. D I cut out the salt and have changed nothing else, and the weight has finally started to drop. Or maybbe it just takes a while. Who cares why it is going down. Average weight loss is 1 pound a week, I can live with that and If I get a bit more active maybe it will be 2 pounds a week. Looking forward to the new challenge comeing. :D
Teresa1986

Postby Teresa1986 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:49 am

Good end of week. Down 3.4 since starting this challenge and total down since starting McD is 8 pounds =) I am getting used to the no salt and was wondering if I would have to be salt free the rest of my life or could I go back to salt once I am at goal. Just wondering. I never cook with salt and I make all my own food ie beans rice and the like, but have sprinkled salt on my food at the table and I do like to use salsa. Just the thoughts that are running around in my head today!
Teresa1986

Postby Teresa1986 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:05 am

November 1 down 4.4 in October with the challenge. Did not start till Oct 7 and had a weekend that was not the best during the challenege. So November I am hoping to do a better job. And be down 5 pounds!! :D If I can go down 5 in both Nov. and Dec. I will be only 10 pounds from my goal. :eek: End goal is to be at 125 by June when I go to Italy!! :D

So on track and going to be there for the rest of my life. Last night was soup night at church I made a McD friendly soup, but it had added salt in it so I did not eat it, waited till I got home to eat. :nod: Major change!!

Up ward and beyond!! :D
Teresa1986

Postby Teresa1986 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:27 am

Down another .6 yes!! That is a total of 5 pounds since Oct 7!! And just another 20 to go. It sounds so close now!!
Teresa1986

Postby Teresa1986 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Ok, bad day yesterday and then again today. I know in the whole scope of things 1.5 oz pita chips and 1 vegan chocolate chip cookie is not going to kill me. But when I make a challenge or take a challenge I am true to it. And I am failing right now. So I am done with this!!! Back to the challenege!! Back on track and back to losing not gaining!!

Other then that good day. Saw some friends I had not seen in a while and they commented on how skinny I looked!! Whoo, Hoo!! Feeling good and starting to have lots of energy!! :D
Teresa1986

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals