Kitty Adventures Journey of a lifetime

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Kitty Adventures Journey of a lifetime

Postby sksamboots » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Mirrors do not lie, that's for sure :D Your doing great, keep on keepin on :nod:
sksamboots

Postby kirstykay » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:42 am

Kitty,
You are really changing! Great job giving up your cheese and your chocolate! You can do it! You will be happy once you do and you see the changes in your health and weight! You're right, it will be hard at first, but not too hard for you!!! You Rock! :-D
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby raven » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:12 am

Hi Kitty,

An apple for redemption, i like that!

Chocolate is for me like a lot of grief. I still long for it, and it's still the first thing i think of when i am either stressed or happy! But, as with grief, as the time as gone by since i ate it regularly, it has faded more into the background, and i can live with it, though i still miss it. Since i am a stress eater, and not a binger, i can still eat a little chocolate now and then, but those times are now few and far between. And it's now dark, vegan chocolate, which isn't what i actually think of when i think of chocolate.

Anyway, it looks like you are following the path, and of course every path has its ups and downs, but you are on it, and not your old path, so great!

It's encouraging to see you trying day by day to be healthy. In my opinion that, and time, is all it takes!
Raven
raven

Postby kittyadventures » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Sksmaboots, Kristykay, Raven and Debbie Thanks for stopping by.
I think what makes this so much more doable is the support from everyone on here.
I had no weight loss this week but not a big surprise as I have been working through some food issues this week and working toward undersanding the path I am on, and making it my own path.
LOL Life is such a journey.

Anyway for the last two days and hopefully today too I have been compliant. I expect to see at least a bit of a drop in weight sometime this week.
I am still getting used to eating such a huge Volumn of food everyday.By the end of the day my tummy is so distended I look pregnant. because of all the veggies and potatoes and fiber . Then I get up in the morning and I am 3 to 4 pounds lighter than when I went to bed and my tummy is back to normal.

IT is disconcerting to say the least.
LOL

I feel good though except some occasional tummy discomfort from the roughage (Ulcer)
but I suspect over time that will all go away.
and as I continue on, slowly but surely the extra 50 lbs will disappear.

Todays menu so far was a bowl of oatmeal with a sprinkle of raisons and an apple
Yummm-O

We had some chinese food last night,, It takes all the fun out of it having only steamed vegetables and steamed rice but that is okay I woke up and didn't have the usual salty weight gain.
and for lunch I will be having the last of it only with some of my spinach soup poured over it to give it extra yummyness.

I had an interesting conversation with hubby last night.
HE asked if I was back to being vegetarian and I said yes and he asked me for how long and I said this time for forever. I will not be going back to regualr food. HE didn't ask why but for me I have spent the time over the last couple of weeks really learning about what oil does to my body and finding that I want to be heathy more than I want the oil.

And a small victory for me this week
I have those little bumps under my eyes from high cholesterol and they are visably smaller this week.
(I got a ton of them while I was doing Adkins) More than if I had just kept eating regular.
When I went vegetarian before, they reduced down but when I went back to Adkins they increased ten fold.
So they are going away again and I am so glad about that.
I am hoping that by the end of the year they will be almost all gone.
They are a reminder when I look in the mirror of how unheathy I have been
and seeing them shrink is a motivation.
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Postby ncyg46 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:52 pm

wow...i just went and checked my eyelids again....I haven't really paid attention to them but mine are still gone thankfully! Glad yours are going away!
ncyg46

Postby kittyadventures » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:01 am

Oh Yay Ncyg46. So they will eventually shrink to nothing? That is the most awesome news ever. I was just hoping for a general reduction.

So Saturday was an excellent McDougalling day for me I had oatmeal for breakfast and my left over steamed chinese food for lunch with my spinach soup yumm.
and for dinner i had a salad with 2 veggie patties. I am trying to eat the last of my Vegetarian frozen foods that I bought before learning I needed to cut out all the oil.
I think I only have three more meals of it. I have been spreading it out so only eating one of them a week.

Once I finsh I am going to make The Mary McDougall Recipe for veggie burgers.

Today So far I had a corn mush with dried unsweetened bluebarries and cinnamon very yummy
and I am eating an apple right now.
Lunch will be soup and a fruit salad.
and for dinner broccoli,
baked red potato chips, and a nice dinner salad.

I spent all day Saturday pulling weeds from my flower garden. It looks beautiful right now. So needless to say I was exhausted last night and incredibly sore.

We are supposed to have a good rain storm today but so far it is just a light drizzle.

Happy Sunday to you all!

kittyadventures

Postby sksamboots » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:48 am

Have a good day :-)
sksamboots

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:17 pm

those spots according to the oldest book "The McDougall Plan" are called Xanthelasma...and I really didn't even know what they were but they are totally gone!
Now if I can get back to the 10 lbs less that I was in 2007 I will be thrilled...! :D
ncyg46

Postby kittyadventures » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:08 pm

Bonus post because I want to share my garden with you all

It took these this morning... Yesterday I removed all the waist high grass which was everywhere and wanted to post what is in bloom. unfortunatly it is a cloudy day or you could have seen all the California poppies blooming too. They are beautiful right now!

If you want to see close ups and what each flower is go to my photo bucket and you can click on the pictures to see full size shots
My Garden Photos

kittyadventures

Postby kittyadventures » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:10 pm

ncyg46 wrote:those spots according to the oldest book "The McDougall Plan" are called Xanthelasma...and I really didn't even know what they were but they are totally gone!
Now if I can get back to the 10 lbs less that I was in 2007 I will be thrilled...! :D

I looked them up on line I guess I can hope to have generally most of them reduce or disappear completely. Any return to eating cholesterol will see them return.
A good reason to continue eating Vegan!

kittyadventures

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:35 pm

your garden is gorgeous! I am jealous! Mine are all in pots and doing sorta crummy this year...all my tomato plants cross breeded to cherry tomatoes! And I have way too much mint and cilantro....ugh!
ncyg46

Postby kittyadventures » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:00 pm

ncyg46 wrote:your garden is gorgeous! I am jealous! Mine are all in pots and doing sorta crummy this year...all my tomato plants cross breeded to cherry tomatoes! And I have way too much mint and cilantro....ugh!

I have had this happen before LOL. Where are you? can you pull some out and put in other tomatoes and just keep one cherry tomato plant. Are you in Australia where you are at the end of summer.

kittyadventures

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:10 pm

i am in Phoenix Az and just going into summer! I have all my plants in pots since we live in an rv and have limited space! Next season I will pull out the cherry tomato and replant all of the rest! I didn't realize they could change like that! :D
ncyg46

Postby afreespirit » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:33 am

kittyadventures look how far you have come already! You are making real progress. Please keep the big picture in mind and how you want to be around for a long healthy life.

Your garden is SO beautiful.
afreespirit

Postby raven » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi Kitty, Wonderful garden, and the rose!!

Gardening is good exercise, or so my mother tells me, and she gardens several hours a day spring to fall, but she walks 2 or 3 miles a day too. She's 75.

You show a lot of willpower to eat VAD (Vegetarian/Vegan American Diet only once a week until its gone.

How are your kitties?
Take care.
Raven
raven

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals