141 by 41 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Melinda » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Your body is probably adjusting to this new way of eating, and as a result you may be retaining water.
Melinda

Postby Letha » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:00 am

I have no clue about the mystery of your weight gain. But I’m sending you lots of peaceful energy & the sincere hope that the situation resolves itself and you achieve the abundant good health that you seek. Very best wishes.
Letha
Letha

Postby 141 by 41 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:35 pm

Letha Thank you for your uplifting words! Health is so much more important to me than the number on the scale ... even though I'd like to see that number move downward! :lol:

Melinda I think you maybe right about my body getting use to eating cleaner/fresher/better. I make sure I get at least 2 and sometimes 3 liters of water in a day - I don't think it's possible to retain water when so much is going in and out. Systems are running like clockwork so to speak.

Becky I am noticing my legs are getting more of a solid feel to them rather than the wiggly they used to be. Oh, they still wiggle, just not as much. ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, my pants zipped!! Well, don't want to lead anyone to think I walk around unzipped! :eek: This morning I didn't have to move anything to get the zipper to close ... no lying on the bed, no sucking in, etc. Just Z-I-P. Felt pretty darn nice!

Been stepping on the scale every morning - what a roller coaster that is!! I've been as high as 196.4 (Friday) and as low as 188.2 (Sunday). And, mind you, I didn't change anything from those days - still MWL, still exercise, still water ... same-o-same-o.

I continue to eat MWL, exercise every day and get in all my water ... toss in a little mediation and good sleep too!

Doin' what needs doin' to get to where I'm goin'. :nod:
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
141 by 41

Postby Becky » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:21 pm

141 by 41 wrote:Been stepping on the scale every morning - what a roller coaster that is!! I've been as high as 196.4 (Friday) and as low as 188.2 (Sunday). And, mind you, I didn't change anything from those days - still MWL, still exercise, still water ... same-o-same-o.

Maybe your scale is malfunctioning? I finally replaced my dial scale because I was having to recalibrate it almost every time I weighed.
See how I am McDougallizing the recipes in
Robin Roberston's "1000 Vegan Recipes" -
https://testing-1000vr.blogspot.com/
Becky

Postby 141 by 41 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:55 am

I have a digital one and thought maybe the batteries were old, that's why the numbers were "stuck". So last week I replaced the batteries.

I'm really not sure what's going on. I know in the past (years ago) when I lost weight, the scale numbers would freeze for a week or so and then there was a major plummet (8-10 pounds) in one week's time. Then there'd be only 1-4 pounds a week after that. I'm wondering if that's what my body is doing but just taking longer to make that plummet?

I weighed in again this morning - just a smidge higher than yesterday - and then I got dressed. Put on a pair of pants that I've been wanting to wear but the zipper/waist had *that* problem. Didn't think I'd wear them but what do you know?! Z-I-P :eek: I'm starting to think that the scale can read 800 pounds as long as I'm shrinking back into my clothes! :lol:
141 by 41

Postby Letha » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:51 am

Just stopping by to say hi. Hope you are having a good day. :)
Letha
Letha

Postby toadfood » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:24 pm

141 by 41 wrote: I'm starting to think that the scale can read 800 pounds as long as I'm shrinking back into my clothes! :lol:

I think you're right! The zipper can be more reliable than the scale.

Hang in there. It sounds like you're doing great, even if the scale says otherwise. :-D

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby 141 by 41 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:07 pm

Letha Hello! ~waving to you~ Don't know if you know this but you've been SUCH a help for me. Wishing you a really FANTASTIC day!!!

Toadfood The zipper is becoming quite a friend to me. :lol: The scale .... well, it'll catch up with the zipper one of these days!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today ... WOW ... what a wonderful day to be here!

No zipper stories today but I did have to put a safety pin in my I'm-so-fat-britches to keep them up today. Guess it's time to send them to Goodwill. I tried on some of my "when I get thinner" pants and could get them up and zipped. A little too tight to wear in public but give a couple more weeks and (ta-dah! Like magic!! ha ha ha) they'll be seeing more than the inside of my closet. :nod:

Have no clue what the scale reads today. I meant to weigh but bopped off to the gym before I remembered to do it. Tomorrow is official weigh-in day, I'm hoping it's DOWN!!!

Managing just fine with my foods, although {YAK} on spaghetti squash. First time trying it and it's the last time as well. There's just something about me that knows/believes marinara sauce goes on pasta ... NOT squash. I tried the squash without marinara sauce and :duh: even worse. I'll keep eating the acorn squash though - it's tasty enough. Next grocery visit, I'll pick up another unknown squash and experiment.

Water - good
Exercise - good
Sleep - sorta good
Meditation - good

And, hey, since you're reading this ...

I challenge you to get up right now and do 5 jumping jacks. Can't do jumping jacks? Then stand up and do 5 modified jumping jacks ... either clap your hands above your head OR scissor your legs. Can't stand up? Okay, even more modified ... lay FOB and do the jumping jack motion as best as you can. ANY body can move - move that body.

Did mine. How'd you do? :unibrow:
141 by 41

Postby Becky » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:54 pm

Your enthusiasm is so contagious, that I had to stand up and do 5 jumping jacks - it rocked the 5th wheel good!! :-D
Becky

Postby 141 by 41 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:51 am

Becky That's the way to do it!! :lol:

~~~~~~~~~

Weighed and measured today --- so happy on both of those fronts!!! After three weeks of doing this, the scale is finally starting to move!! I'm down 3.2 pounds from last week!! :D As for the measurements - only 3 weeks! - I've lost 5.5 inches off my body! I'm still wearing size 16 but it's now a comfortable, not tight, 16. And I can squeeze myself into a 14! Oh, it ain't pretty (:shock:) but maybe by the end of next month, I'll fit them comfortably and have to toss out my 16s.

As for my chocolate savings box? The end-of-the-month total is $45.73 saved! Enough for me to get something "girly". :unibrow:
141 by 41

Postby Melinda » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:54 am

Yea! Good for you! :D
Melinda

Postby 141 by 41 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Melinda Thank you!! :-)

~~~~~~

Today is pretty stressful - lots of drama/crisis occurring in my world since late yesterday. At least I haven't gone running to my old comfort foods - just dealing with the drama as best I can without my chocolate security blanket. I do feel like I'm more capable to deal with things now - my head seems to be more clear and my emotions don't seem to be running amock either. Guess there's something to level blood sugars, eh? :question:

Hope everyone has a very good weekend!
141 by 41

Postby Letha » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:15 pm

Congratulations on the 3.5 pounds lost! :-D I know you can stay strong through the drama. Hang in there.
Letha
Letha

Postby Becky » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:26 pm

Good job on the weight loss!! :) :)

Hope the stress and drama are calming down for you! :)

Take care,
Becky
Becky

Postby 141 by 41 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 am

Letha Thanks!!! It's really great to FINALLY see the scale moving downwards. Hopefully another minus number this week. :)

Becky Thank you!

~~~~~~

The stress/drama is greatly reducing. DD birthday was this weekend and anyone with a teenage daughter can understand the drama a group of teenage girls can create! On top of that DF was in rare form as well. WHY can't they just take turns instead of going off at the same time???? :duh: :lol:

Had some french fries this weekend - used to LOVE french fries!! For some reason, they just didn't taste like I remember them. My DD assures me, they not only tasted like french fries but they were VERY good ones too. {YAK} Tasted just like salty grease to me ... where was the potato flavor???? :question: She happily ate my portion for me.

Was thinking that with the start of the NEW month, I should post some NEW goals and here's what I came up with:

1. Eat real food
2. Exercise daily
3. Drink water

Sounds like last month, doesn't it???? :lol:
141 by 41

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals