Air fryer

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Air fryer

Postby ETeSelle » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:54 pm

Hi all! It's been a while. :-)

Someone gave me an air fryer. The instructions say, for cooking fries, to "add 1 tsp of olive oil." Must I? B/c I won't. I will sell it if that's required. I don't really want to experiment if I don't have to--if it's not going to work, I'd rather just sell it on now. But if it WILL work, better than baking fries in the oven, I'll keep it.

So I was wondering what your experiences have been with making stuff without oil. And while you're at it, what other non-animal-based stuff works in it? The instructions mention a lot of meat.

Thanks!
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Re: Air fryer

Postby Daydream » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:51 am

Hi ETeSelle,

I have an air fryer and you don't have to add oil to anything you cook! I never use oil in anything I make.
Daydream

Postby ETeSelle » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:47 am

Daydream wrote:Hi ETeSelle,

I have an air fryer and you don't have to add oil to anything you cook! I never use oil in anything I make.

Great! And potatoes come out crispy? What else do you cook in it?
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby Ejeff » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:43 am

I never use oil. It’s great for peppers, mushrooms and tofu. If you want to bake a veggie burger it’s handy for that as you don’t need to heat your entire oven.

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Daydream » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:47 am

ETeSelle wrote:Great! And potatoes come out crispy? What else do you cook in it?

ETeSelle, the potatoes do come out crispy. I don't use my air fryer that much. I mostly use it for air fried veggies. My most used appliances are my Instant Pot and microwave oven.
Daydream

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning