Butyrate in butter

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Butyrate in butter

Postby catalina1 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:17 am

I was wondering about the health benefits of butyrates. I have numerous colleagues who swear that the butyrates found in butter is extremely beneficial. However, upon further reading, I found that butyrate are produced as a process of the metabolic breakdown of fiber and carbohydrates in the gut. So my question is this. Are all these people who endorse the benefits of butyrates in butter also getting some negative health effects From eating too much butter? And is the God produced butyrates enough for human benefits?
catalina1

Re: Butyrate in butter

Postby Ejeff » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:11 am

Yes, there ARE negative effects to health from butter. Butter is dairy. I believe it is 100% fat. How could something that is pure fat help your arteries or your health?

Remember Dr. McDdougall says “the fat you eat is the fat you wear”.

Also, mention to your colleagues that there is pus in milk. Butter is made from milk. Now isn’t that just disgusting.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby catalina1 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:48 am

As I mentioned also in the article, we produce our own by eating a high fiber high carbohydrate diet. But is that the same amount that a person who would consume butter get?
catalina1

Postby michaelswarm » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:16 pm

It’s about the whole food, not about any one isolated nutrient.
Of course, there are loads of other bad things in butter, and loads of other good things in plants.
Basic fallacy behind much food marketing.
michaelswarm

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning