Soy Dream frozen dessert

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Soy Dream frozen dessert

Postby patty » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:09 am

jld wrote:The kids and I did a taste test Fri. night. Ds15 and I both thought the cashew milk one from So Delicious was the best. The younger boys liked the Rice Dream and Soy Dream ones.

Honestly, I thought the cashew one was as good as Haagen Dazs or Ben and Jerry's. Seriously impressed.

My husband usually refuses any vegan ice cream. But I think even he will like this cashew one.

Cashews really work well in any recipe. They make a really good salad dressing too. That is great about the younger boys. Their taste buds might still be developing:) For my grandchildren I purchased silicone ice pop makers and they didn't mind the iciness of the frozen faux ice cream. Just letting them sit for a few minutes they worked out great. https://www.amazon.com/Norpro-431-4-Pie ... containers

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby patty » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:12 pm

I put some frozen bananas in the VM with napa cabbage.. it had some water from washing the cabbage and ice crystals from the bananas. I froze it and after, put in the microwave for 30 sec. Has iciness, definitely not soft serve.. still very tasty. Frozen mangos work well and frozen strawberries are sweet, a lot of possibilities. Great to mix in leaf veggies, as you can't taste them as in smoothie and send the message of health.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby jld » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:29 am

Dh tried the cashew ice cream yesterday. He could not believe how good it was. Said he never would have guessed it was not regular ice cream.
A clean life is its own reward.
jld

Postby patty » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:16 pm

jld wrote:Dh tried the cashew ice cream yesterday. He could not believe how good it was. Said he never would have guessed it was not regular ice cream.

Cashews are a hook:) I have made raw cookies with cashews and dates. Your DH might like these: https://www.afamilyfeast.com/cashew-cookie-balls/ I might make some for my grandson who is away at college. Remember though excess fat, even from plants can be setting the stage for disease like smoking does.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby jld » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:12 am

I am sure he would like those, patty. Thank you.
jld

Postby AlwaysAgnes » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Here's a recipe for a vanilla vegan birthday cake ice cream using lite coconut milk, cashews and a little yukon gold potato. (There are also links to other ice cream recipes in the post.)

http://thevegan8.com/2017/09/21/vegan-v ... ice-cream/
You don't have to wait to be happy.
AlwaysAgnes

Postby jld » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:15 pm

That looks like a really interesting recipe, Agnes.

My younger boys are on their way to visiting their grandparents right now. But when they get back, we will have to try this. Thanks for sharing it.
jld

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning