Chickpea Broccoli Casserole--how to spice it up?

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Chickpea Broccoli Casserole--how to spice it up?

Postby phillyrv » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:37 pm

:P
I made the Chickpea Broccoli casserole tonight. It looked really pretty in the dish, but yes it was a little bland but still tasted good.
Question to anyone who has made this & what spices/seasonings did you use?
Have a great Mcdougall evening!!!
Thanks,
Phyllis...................... :cool:
phillyrv

Never made this casserole BUT.....

Postby S B » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:47 pm

Sodium- free lemon pepper is good on broccoli and on LOTS of other things, too! Also, some if those Mrs. Dash herb blends are good, too. Just set them on the table and sprinkle them on when you eat the casserole.

Hope this helps! :)
`
I believe we McDougallers can have a loud enough voice to influence enough people to cut back on livestock consumption/farming that we CAN have a positive impact on global warming -- if we REALLY try!
S B

Re: Never made this casserole BUT.....

Postby phillyrv » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:12 pm

S B wrote:Sodium- free lemon pepper is good on broccoli and on LOTS of other things, too! Also, some if those Mrs. Dash herb blends are good, too. Just set them on the table and sprinkle them on when you eat the casserole.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks
I'll give those a try next time..hum...lemon pepper have to check that one out..
Have a great evening.
Phyllis
phillyrv

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning