Another excellent source of plant-based cooking shows!

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Another excellent source of plant-based cooking shows!

Postby LuAnn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:12 am

I enjoy watching the plant-based cooking shows offered by a number of different vegan/plant-based educators/authors etc., available on 3abn broadcasting network.

The network, available on satellite in a growing number of areas (if you're not able to get it in your area - ASK. You can also view online!), has a wide selection of health related programing, including entertaining and informative cooking shows - ALL plant based! All of the recipes from each show are archived and available online. There are also a number of other health-related shows.

Here is a link to 3abn's homepage:http://3abn.org/
Once you are there, you can click on any date on the current month's calendar, and the schedule of shows for that day wll be listed. For instance, today - October 16, following health/cooking shows are listed: Note that these are just tomorrow's shows - there are additional shows which are aired on other days!

2:00 AM Wonderfully Made #391 (Obesity) - Timothy Howe and Sheryl McWilliams (these tmes are Eastern, you can select your own time zone)
10:00 AM Help Yourself to Health #210 (Skeletal Problems, pt. 2) Dr. Agatha Thrash (and others)
1:30 PM Food for Thought (Brunch) Cinda Sanner
5:30 PM Abundant Living #143 (Controlling Cholesterol) Dr. Curtis and Paula Eakins RD (This show contains a health segment + a cooking segment)
10:30 PM Health for a Lifetime (The Good and Bad Cholesterol) Dan MacIntosh

Here is the link to the recipe archives:http://www.3abn.org/recipe_collection.cfm

Here's a sample of the recipe selection available:
1) Robin Swain "A Taste of Italy" Show 07028 10/10/2007
2) Micheff Sisters "International Salad Bar" - 07111 10/03/2007
3) Micheff Sisters "A Little Taste of Asia" - 06037 09/26/2007
4) Jill Morikone & Kyong Weathersby “Taste of Heaven” - 06068 09/19/2007
5) Micheff Sisters "Island Delights" - 07063 09/12/2007
6) Paula & Curtis Eakins "Dinner for Two" - 07042 09/05/2007
7) Micheff Sisters, "Victorian Tea" - show 07021 08/29/2007
8) Paula & Curtis Eakins "Pasta-Bilities" - show 07041 08/22/2007
9) Micheff Sisters "Meals for Two" - 07023 08/15/2007
10) Nyse Collins "NyseLife Consultants Cooking" - 06153 08/08/2007
11) Bev Condy "Farm Family Gathering" - 07092 08/01/2007
12) Kyong Weathersby "Taste of Heaven Oriental Dishes" - 07080 07/25/2007
13) Micheff Sisters "Tuscan Countryside Cuisine" - 07024 07/18/2007
14) Bev Cook, “Cooking with Bev” - show 06135

The list goes on to archive recipes from NINETY SHOWS!

Now you see what developing and testing over 500 recipes did to me.
(Nothing that a few months of intense MWL McDougalling can't undo)!
LuAnn

Postby Callalilly » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:42 am

How cool, I love watching these type of cooking shows too. watching them really gets me motivated more than anything else. Thanks so much I will watch these later.
Calla
Callalilly

Is that your blog Callalilly?

Postby LuAnn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:40 am

I visited it and bookmarked it, so I can return. Lots of good ideas there, thank you!

LuAnn

Re: Another excellent source of plant-based cooking shows!

Postby Clary » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:02 am

LuAnn wrote:
Here is a link to 3abn's homepage:

http://3abn.org/

...5:30 PM Abundant Living #143 (Controlling Cholesterol) Dr. Curtis and Paula Eakins RD (This show contains a health segment + a cooking segment)...

...6) Paula & Curtis Eakins "Dinner for Two" - 07042 09/05/2007

...The list goes on to archive recipes from NINETY SHOWS!

What a great resource. Thanks, LuAnn. Curtis and Paula are local celebs in our area.

I attended a cooking class in the long-ago past, followed by a group sit-down dinner, that they did, sponsored by a 7th Day Adventist Church in Huntsville, AL.

At one time they also owned, operated, cooked in, and served at a Vegan restaurant in Huntsville. I don't know if they still have the restauant, 'cause I moved up to TN and rarely ever get down there, and when I do it is usually on Saturday when the one Vegan restaurant that I see a sign for is closed.
Clary

Oh, I ENVY you

Postby LuAnn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:51 am

having actually attended one of their cooking classes. Their TV show "Abundant Living" is a great balance of education and demonstration. They are such a delightful couple - their knowledge, passion for healthful living, and their fondness and respect for each other is so evident. To see/hear them is to love them! Not only that, even though there's plenty of learning going on, their show is FUN!! (As are some of the others on 3abn, like the Mitcheff Sisters' show).

BTW, I assume if they are local celebs that you know that Paula was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent surgery last year. I recently saw an interview in which she described her experience. The interview was excellent - so inspiring. She chose to forego traditional treatment (other than the initial surgery), and concentrate living healthfully and exercising her faith. Praise God, her cancer is gone. So, she and her husband are now also active in various cancer support groups as well as with their Health Seminars. Here is a link to their site, Health Seminars Unlimited:

http://www.hseminars.com/

On the website, you will find more details about Paula's recent experience with cancer, details/schedule about their TV program and health seminars, an explanation of what they call "The 1st Diet" (plant-based), their products (I have two of their cookbooks!), links to their recipes for free (as they appear on the 3abn website I posted last night).

LuAnn

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning