Ranch type dressing recipe?

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Ranch type dressing recipe?

Postby katie rae » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:29 am

Does anyone know of a Ranch type dressing that is McDougall acceptable. I am mostly MWL but occasionally allow the regular McDougall foods. It's funny, I never really liked Ranch dressing before but for some reason, I've been craving it on my salads. Weird!

Thank in advance

Katie Rae
katie rae

Postby Carol » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:47 am

Katie Rae,

There are 2 ranch dressing recipes posted at the http://www.fatfreevegan.com/dressings/index.shtml site. I haven't tried either of them.

If you try them, let us know what you think.[/url]
Carol

Postby happyalyssa » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:51 am

I have been experimenting with all kinds of salad dressings & some turn out definately better than others, but when I'm craving a creamy dressing like ranch I've been using:

-Mori-Nu Lite Silken tofu (I only use half a package at a time)
-plain almond milk (I'm sure any kind, soy rice etc., would work) to thin it to desired consistancy
-few dashes of Frank's Red Hot Sauce (not really noticable but gives it a little kick) or a teaspoon or two of lemon juice
-clove or two of garlic
-Spices consisting of: Dill, parsley, celery salt, onion powder, fresh ground pepper, no-salt-seasoning (such as McCormick or Mrs. Dash)

I couldn't give you exact measurements because I'm still trying to get it perfect myself. I usually just blend it all up in a food processor using moderate amounts of spices, and then continue to taste it, adding more as necessary until I get the flavor I'm looking for.

I've also added some cucumber to this (Just blended it with the tofu) with good results for a "cucumber ranch" type dressing.
Start date: January 1, 2007
23 lbs lost...32 to go!
happyalyssa

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning