Easy Pleasing Oat Bars Recipe?

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Easy Pleasing Oat Bars Recipe?

Postby katie rae » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:41 am

I've seen references to the Easy Pleasing Oat Bars in several posts. Can someone please tell me where to find the recipe?

Thanks in advance.

Katie Rae
katie rae

Postby slugmom » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:55 am

Here it is, Katie Rae, Hope 101 posted it for me in This Thread about low sodium snack foods.

:)
kim
- Kim

slugmom

Postby hope101 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:57 am

Just want to chime in that I think I made my best batch of this the other day. I used 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut in it instead of the sesame seeds, and it added a really nice texture and extra sweetness. It reminded me of the commercial granola bars I used to buy for my kids that I refused to purchase when they started using HFCS. Hope you like them, katie rae.
hope101

thanks!

Postby katie rae » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:56 am

Thanks, SlugMom and Hope101:

I intend to make them this weekend. I bet this is something even my SAD loving DH will devour, especially if I put coconut in them!

My sweet tooth has been quite active lately. It's been a real struggle to not buy a bag of peanut butter M&M's and indulge lile there is no tomorrow!

I'm not where I want to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be
(quote from Joyce Meyer)

Take care and be kind to yourself!

katie rae
katie rae

Postby Sunny » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:03 pm

Thank You for the link to the thread, I am going to make those for the kids they sound very yummy :-D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby ReneeK » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:11 pm

I made this easy oat bars recipe last night. I added 1/2 cocoa as I have been craving chocolate. I didn't have enough honey that the recipe called for so used 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup molasses. These were delicious! They weren't sweet like I was expecting and had a nice chewy texture. I brought a container of them to work and have them sitting on my desk. My boss has been in several times this afternoon helping himself. It will take quite a while for me to get through a batch, but I do intend to try them with coconut next time. Yummy! Thanks again for the recipe.
ReneeK

Postby hope101 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:04 pm

You are most welcome. They are adapted from Dreena Burton's recipe. She had a much higher proportion of oat flour to actual oats, but I was looking for a recipe closer to the store-bought granola bars I refuse to buy my kids. :-D
hope101

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning