Veggies over fries...

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Veggies over fries...

Postby patty » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:57 pm

Veggies over fries...
In food processor cut:
carrots
red onion
red pepper
Japanese cucumber
celery

Add
red kidney beans
basil

Fries
cut potato into fries, then microwave 3 minutes, then cook in fryer for approx. 10 minutes

Make dressing
white beans
cashews
water
lemon
mustard
red vingar

catsup

Aloha, patty
patty

Re: Veggies over fries...

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:41 pm

No photo but sort of similar to my lunch today! Had pre-baked Yukon Gold potatoes. Mashed them and then cooked into "waffle potatoes" on my sort of panini grill. Put big pile of mixed baby greens and grated baby carrots on one, some of my pizza sauce on top of that, then another "waffle" to make a big fat no fat sandwich. Mmmmm, good!

I guess great minds do think alike
GeoffreyLevens

Postby patty » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:51 am

Sounds yummy!!! I just finished up cutting up a assortment of veggies to put over rice and fries for today's meals.

Aloha, Patty
patty

Postby guitarplayer007 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:50 pm

patty wrote:Veggies over fries...
In food processor cut:
carrots
red onion
red pepper
Japanese cucumber
celery

Add
red kidney beans
basil

Fries
cut potato into fries, then microwave 3 minutes, then cook in fryer for approx. 10 minutes

Make dressing
white beans
cashews
water
lemon
mustard
red vingar

catsup

Aloha, patty

Cooked in fryer? What kind of fryer
guitarplayer007

Postby patty » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:51 pm

The Black and Decker Air Fryer. It is smaller than the other brands.. but more than adequate for my use. Prior I have had the NuWave and I loved it too.. but the Black and Decker surpasses it. I bought two more with the french fry cutter for two of my children and their families. I also bought them different packages of frozen fries so they could see the oil and know the difference. I precut my potatoes to easily cut with the french fry cutter, then microwave for 5 minutes, then air fry for 15 minutes. I cut a lot and leave soaking till I am ready to use. I am a recovering fast food junkie so fries are especially important to me. And substituting fries for tortillas and bed of lettuce has been amazing. And of course I alternate with different rices or include them and beans. Vegetables are a condiment.

Aloha, patty
patty

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning