Whole Food Plant Based Eating and Morning Sickness

Share your experience, challenges and success implementing the McDougall program with family and children.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Whole Food Plant Based Eating and Morning Sickness

Postby Leahqhs » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:31 pm

Are there any resources for maintaining a whole food plant based diet while nauseas in the first trimester of pregnancy? I was not on a whole food plant based diet when I was pregnant with my son and had mild nausea in the first trimester; however this time around it's much worse. I switched the family to a whole food plant based diet about a year ago (and am grateful that I did!) however I'm finding that most of the foods, other than fruit and whole wheat pasta and toast are making me feel sick. Especially bean dishes and dishes with spices (staples in our house). I mostly do not want to cook right now (even though I normally enjoy) but I want to ensure my family stays on a healthy course. Because I feel it's even more important to stick with the diet right now, are there any recipes or suggestions for bland foods that are easy on the GI tract for this period? I'm hoping it goes away at the 14 week mark! Even better if they are quick and simple to prepare for my family.
Leahqhs

Return to Family and Children