Kid driving me nutso

Share your experience, challenges and success implementing the McDougall program with family and children.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Kid driving me nutso

Postby Tazi752000 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:35 pm

Ohh isn't mommyhood wonderful some days! She will test you probably for many years to come. If not on this, then on something else.
Tazi752000

Postby circle city vegan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:23 pm

When my kid said he was hungry this morning as usual I offered some thing for him to eat. He then said he didn't like that. I then told my sweet angelic round faced and not starving sunken in child that "hungry people eat just about anything you offer and spoiled people tell you they don't like that"

I said which one are you because this is all I'm giving you right now. He took the "cereal like a snack" and a cup of soymilk.

I'm am starting to feel like a crazy lady with this kid and his "I'm hungry" all day and turning down what I offer.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3S3L8/]
[/url]

Vigilance requires effort until it does not require any effort.
circle city vegan

Postby circle city vegan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:07 pm

I tried a new one this afternoon:

Boy: I'm hungry

Me: That's great honey. Being hungry is a sign that you're healthy and growing.

I then turned and walked out of the room. Mind you I have popcorn, pretzels, and cut up watermelon on the kitchen table waiting for anyone who needs a snack.

He went and got his own snack.
[/url]

circle city vegan

Postby merriweather » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Once long long ago, I lost it with my boys.
I had just had surgery. And the oldest had his girlfriend over.
So she says"whats for dinner,Mom." they were not engaged.
Any way every one chimes in that they were hungry.
Some how , I just snapped, and shook up the 2liter of soda in my hand and let it spray. I sort of soaked them all.
Then told them to clean it up, and fix their own dinner, they all were capable of doing.
They still remember.
Mostly they all survived. And all still like me. Well, not the girl. She is long gone, and I have a DiL I love very much.
Love is never wasted
merriweather

Postby circle city vegan » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:40 am

I'm really bad about this but I let the kids snack and graze all day. I try to have fruit and veg out on a table for them. Lately I've been letting them have unlimited pretzels, nuts and popcorn. I think they're filling up on that and then turning down dinner.

We had a perfectly kid-friendly dinner last night: sloppy joes(meat sub.), tater tots(not limiting oil for kiddos), and corn on the cob. They all picked at it. I tossed alot of food.

The only thing I do to keep waste down is to serve them really small portions and they can ask for more.

I don't save their plates for them and I don't let them eat any thing else after dinner. If they're hungry they can wait till morning. I really only have one kid that is annoying me right now. Isn't 4 fun?
[/url]

circle city vegan

Previous

Return to Family and Children