What's the latest research say?

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby auntemmy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:00 am

Pat wrote:Thanks for that comment, f1jim. I'm puzzled by comments from people on the different forums who say they are trying to stay on this plan but for various reasons are still periodically eating meat and junk food.

I feel so good after 7 months on this plan that I can't imagine a circumstance that would tempt me off of it.

There are many reasons people have problems staying on a particular food program. Anyone reading this thread has his or her own reasons why sometimes they do not eat "perfectly" McDougall, or Ornish or Esselstyn or Barnard etc. For many of us... food itself, is the issue. Any food... on any plan. Having been a low-carb dieter for many years I know how it works. I also know I can't sustain the program and I end up fatter than ever. I made a decision to follow McDougall to the best of my ability. At least when I have a "bad" food day I'm still a vegetarian, and I'm not puttting my health at risk by eat meats, full fat cheeses, eggs, mayonaise, butter, oils, (but they're okay, right, cause they have no carbs?) along with my other bad habits. Many here are purists and follow McDougall to the letter. I hope to get there someday, but I'm human. :)
~Emmy

What's taters, precious?
Po-ta-toes? Boil 'em. mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew?
auntemmy

Previous

Return to Jeff Novick, RD