The Protein Myth

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: The Protein Myth

Postby HealthFreak » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:17 pm

I appreciate the recent replies to this post. I made the original post about a year and half ago. Since then I've read many more books, seen several DVDs and enjoyed good health for almost three years as a 98% vegan.

I don't even think about "the protein myth" anymore. 99% of American's believe it, but I've adjusted to being in the 1% club. Thanks.
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." Henry David Thoreau
HealthFreak

Postby AussieDavid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:02 pm

Symphonyofdreams wrote:Just curious how tall are your boys? I've been wondering what it would be like if kids grew up on a plant based whole food diet instead of the typical western diet

Hi Symphony,

Our oldest is around 182 - 183 cms tall, built like a giant fridge whilst our youngest is still growing and comes in at around 178cms tall but not as solidly built.

As a comparison, I am 166cms and my wife is 165cms.

Starch based plant food eating. Everything you want & need to grow big, strong and healthy!

Best wishes
AussieDavid

Postby AussieDavid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:08 pm

lydia wrote: I find that when I tell them that protein is in my food and give a few facts, they really are not interested too much .

Oh yes! And so dismissive as well, all whilst popping cholesterol lowering, calcium and many more pills to combat the benefits of animal based eating. Their loss.
AussieDavid

Long term mcdougallers: what do you eat?

Postby Concerned » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:28 am

Hi,

I am curious to know: what do successful long term mcdougallers eat for breakfast, lunch and supper? Are you careful about avoiding salt? What about feast days? Do you crave foods that are not on the diet? Is it difficult socially? Do you spend a lot of time cooking?

Thanks
Concerned

Re: Long term mcdougallers: what do you eat?

Postby JeffN » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:01 am

Concerned wrote:Hi,

I am curious to know: what do successful long term mcdougallers eat for breakfast, lunch and supper? Are you careful about avoiding salt? What about feast days? Do you crave foods that are not on the diet? Is it difficult socially? Do you spend a lot of time cooking?

Thanks

I think these would be great questions to discuss in the "General Forum" and so would recommend you post your questions there.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Previous

Return to Jeff Novick, RD