fruit and grains

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

fruit and grains

Postby foodaddict » Sun May 28, 2017 2:26 am

Hello Jeff

I just want to know for sure if it is okay to live on only fruit and grains :)

As that is the only food I can digest it seems like.

And I feel good. I love eating this way. so simple and I need to cook books. I just eat bread and porridge and some cooked or raw fruit.

Lillian :-)
I started to eat meat again to ripe the benefits of it. They eat meat in the bible. why should not we continue to eat it? I hate manipulated facts !
foodaddict

Re: fruit and grains

Postby JeffN » Tue May 30, 2017 6:22 am

foodaddict wrote:Hello Jeff

I just want to know for sure if it is okay to live on only fruit and grains :)

As that is the only food I can digest it seems like.

And I feel good. I love eating this way. so simple and I need to cook books. I just eat bread and porridge and some cooked or raw fruit.

Lillian :-)

Simple is good.

As you may have learned in these forums there are quite a few people who make it here who, in order to find success, have gone through the elimination diet and must greatly limit their food choices.

However, it is also important to ensure adequate nutrition.

The simplest way to do that is to enter several days worth of food into the online CRON-O-Meter to see the nutrition analysis. Then, if needed, you can tweak your diet using the foods you tolerate to ensure adequate nutrition.

There are several discussion in this forum on the CRON-O-Meter and how much of many of the nutrients we really need (vitamin E, calcium, zinc, etc)

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby foodaddict » Tue May 30, 2017 8:49 am

Many thanks ! I tested the cron-o-meter and I think I will be okay. Makes me feel much better I was really worried about it :-D
I started to eat meat again to ripe the benefits of it. They eat meat in the bible. why should not we continue to eat it? I hate manipulated facts !
foodaddict

Postby foodaddict » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:43 am

I can eat other food again. I can eat cruciferuos veggies and onions and beans and peas , and hazelnuts and almonds. :D
I didn't think that would ever happen. And my health is getting better and better I am still healing. and I am so very happy :nod:
foodaddict

Return to Jeff Novick, RD