High glycemic index of potatoes

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

High glycemic index of potatoes

Postby trexmdr » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:15 am

Dear Mr. Novick,
I very much enjoy your lectures on nutrition. I was wondering if you could help me with a question.
How can I explain to my doubting friends about the high glycemic index numbers that potatoes have and the fact that you won't feel hungry soon after eating them and that they will not make you gain weight.
Even though I have lost 23 pounds in three months it is still something that they cannot wrap their heads around and accept.
Thank you
RT
trexmdr

Re: High glycemic index of potatoes

Postby JeffN » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Welcome to this forum

As stated in the "Forum Guidelines: Please Read Before Posting!"
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33672

"2) Please familiarize yourself with the forum and the discussions that have already taken place. There are several threads at the top of the forum that point to previous discussions. In addition, you can easily find almost any topic by typing in a few key words, highlighting my forum and also "JeffN" as the author. In addition, you can do a google search using the words "Jeff Novick" and the topic of interest and you will not only be linked to discussions in this forum, but also to discussions at my website and/or other websites, or to youtube video's or other blogs I have written on the topic. Please make sure you have done this before posting. If not, I may remove the post or move it to another appropriate forum where you may find others willing to respond or discuss the topic with you."

Most topics are indexed here in these two threads

Nutrition & Health FAQ: Answers To The Most Asked Questions
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37233

Hot topics
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7828

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Return to Jeff Novick, RD