mtns October Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: mtns October Journal

Postby mtns » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:14 pm

I have done good so far today. It helped that I slept in until 7:30am. That was really nice. I think my body needed it.

E: 1 hr. kickboxing class

B: 1/2 c. oatmeal with 1 banana, 1 packet stevia

L: leftover veggie noodle soup, big salald

S: 1 rice cake, sliced sweet potatoes with blueberries

D: veggies, potatoes of some sort

S: 1/4 c. oatmeal with cinnamon
mtns

Postby mtns » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm

We had a fun day today and went to a local farm where they have lots of fun things to do and a corn maze. They also took us around the farm and talked to us about the farm. Then they let the kids pick their own pumpkin. I also bought a big bag of carrots for $3.00 freshly picked. It was a lot of fun. Tonight my daughters and I are going to a movie, which should be a lot of fun. I have had a few slip ups today. I ate a few baked chips and I had a handful of kettle corn that we bought at the farm.

E: 1 hr. x-biking

B: 1/2 c. oatmeal, 1 banana, 1 packet of stevia

L: sweet potatoes, big bowl of broccoli slaw with homemade dressing

D: maybe a baked potato from Wendy's. We are getting dinner on the way to the movie. The movie is 45 min. away, because that is the only theatre that plays it. , maybe a green smoothie too.

mtns

Postby mtns » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:19 pm

I had a good night last night, but ate some things wasn't supposed to. I had a plain pretzle and a few bites of popcorn at the movie. We were running late for the movie and weren't able to eat until after the movie. I had a bean burrtio after the movie. It was a fun night.

E: 1 hr. boot camp class

1B: 1/4 c. oatmeal with a few raisins, 1 packet of stevia, cinnamon

2 B: 1/2 c. oatmeal with 1/2 banana, 1 packet of stevia

L: hashbrown potatoes with a little soy cheese, broccoli slaw with homemade dressing

D: hashbrown potatoes with homemade fetticine sauce, salad

mtns

Postby sksamboots » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:02 pm

Your aware of the choices you make. No need to feel guilty. Just keep working on them, like you have been doing and keep on keepin on :nod:
sksamboots

Postby mtns » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks, I am trying to get back on track today. It wasn't a perfect day yesterday and kind of crazy. I gave in to 3 rice cakes with a little pb and Jelly yesterday. But I am back on track today. I printed out Happy Herbivore's 1200 cal diet plan and there looks like there are some good things on there. I was planning on trying it this week, but I need to add in a few substitutions. I was going to do the lunch today listed on there which was African kale and sweet potato soup, but I didn't get around to preparing it. But I would like to try it, it sounds good.

1 B: 1/4 c. oatmeal with 1 packet of stevia, cinnamon, a few raisins

2 B: neopalitin smoothie from Happy herbivore

S: 1 plain rice cake

L: hashbrown potatoes with homemade gravy, big salad with homemade dressing

S: carrots and celery with homemade hummus

D: Rajam Masala ( Happy Herbivore), baked broccoli

S: blueberries with a little oatmeal on top
mtns

Postby mtns » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:15 pm

I am trying to get over sugar cravings latley. I know I need to cut out the jam I have been using the last couple of days.Even though it is juice sweetened it is still not good for my cravings of sugar. I am working to get back on track. I know it will help if I cook up some more sweet potatoes which I wll do that today. I need to find time to cook a few things ahead of schedule. I know that would help me out. We have church every night this week for missions conferance, which I love, but I always need to be prepared ahead of time as far as eating.

I am inviting one of the missionary familys over for dinner Wednesday night. I thought of making black bean and rice burritos for dinner that night. It is simple but very good. The husband eats gluten free, so for us adults we could have my costa vida type salad. I haven't decided what to do for dessert that night. I might do homemade peach cobbler and make it gluten free.

E: I am going to do 1 hr. of my own boot camp later

B: 1/2 c. oatmeal with 1/4 c. blueberries, 1/2 banana, 1 packet of stevia and 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice. ( this is happy herbivore recipe, I would like to try cooking it in chai tea mix like she recommends. It still tasted really good though)

L: leftover chili, leftover hashbrowns, broccoli slaw with homemade dressing

S: green smoothie or grapefruit and celery

D: If I have time I want to try Happy Herbivore's Hippi loaf with homemade gravy, broccoli and sweet potato( If I don't have a lot of time it may just be sweet potato and broccoli

S:strawberries with 1/4 c. oatmeal
mtns

Postby mtns » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:25 pm

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I think I overate the sweet potatoes last night. I didn't get a chance to make the Hippie loaf last night, so I just had the sweet potatoes and a green smoothie. I downloaded her new stuff and it looks really good. I just need to take the time to plan and prepare my food so that it is ready. I think that would help a lot. I think after this week I should have a little more time. Maybe I will work on preparing some meals ahead of time and put them in the fridge on Saturday.

1B: 1/4 c. oatmeal, 1 packet stevia, a few raisins, cinnamon

2 B: 1/2 c. oatmeal, 1 packet of stevia, 1/4 c. blueberries, 1/2 banana, and pumpkin pie spice

S: 3 rice cakes- one with a little pb and jelly, 1 plain and one with soy cheese

L: green smoothie, sweet potato with dijon mustard

S: grapefruit, carrots or celery

D: costa vida type salad

S: 1/4 c. oatmeal with cinnamon and a few raisins
mtns

Postby mtns » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Busy day today. I am tired and hectic.
Getting ready to take my son to guitar lessons.

E: 1 hr. weight lifting class, 30 min. Elliptical

1 B: 1/4 c. oatmeal with 1 packet stevia, cinnamon, raisins

2B: 1/2 c. oatmeal with 1 packet stevia, 1 banana

S: 2 rice cakes

L: costa vida type salad

D: mashed potatoes with green beans, broccoli

S: baked apple or fruit
mtns

Postby kirstykay » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:02 pm

Looks like you're doing great even though it's been a busy week! Great job exercising so much, and your food looks good! Keep up the good work!!

How was dinner with the missionary family? Did they like your food? Where do they serve? We had people come visit from Africa (native Africans), and they said they loved America, but the hardest thing for them to get used to was the FOOD here! They couldn't believe Americans eat CHEESE for Breakfast, lunch and dinner! It was making their stomachs upset!!! So many places around the world do such a better job of eating than here! Anyway, hope it went well!
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby mtns » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:07 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words. The dinner went well with the missionaries. They actually serve in the United States. They travel around to different fairs and set up a booth there to tell people about Jesus. It is great. Hopefully our church will be able to help fund a new camping trailer for them. They travel in a real small camper trailer that fits the couple and their 4 kids. I don't know how they do it.

Actually we had a good conversation. They were asking around for a good naturopath. I told them I hadn't been to one, but that I eat a healthy diet and told them that at one time I had really bad Eczema on my hands. I cut out dairy and sugar and ate more veggies and it totally cleared up. I had been to every doctor you could imagine even a chinese herbalist. It was a really good conversation and I thought we had a lot in common about how God created healthy foods to help a person heal.

Anyway, I served up Bean and rice burritos, which my kids loved. I had avacado, tomato, some soy cheese and salsa and then a big salad. I told them I ususally eat mine just the rice and beans and salad mixed. They loved it. They said it reminded them of Baja Fresh and they love that place. It was a simple dish, but one they really enjoyed. For dessert, I made a gluten free peach cobbler. I didn't eat any, but it did turn out good.
mtns

Postby mtns » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:27 pm

I have lost 1 lb. I don't know how I feel like I have been eating a lot. But I seem to be getting fuller from the food I am eating. Latley I don't even want a snack in the afternoon. Sometimes I may have a couple of rice cakes. I am happy the weight is going down and my appetite seems to be going down a little too. I am now down to 144.4 lbs.

I am baking up some pumpkin right now to make some pumpkin recipes. I want to make pumpkin muffins and freeze them, so that I can just pull them out of the freezer. My kids want pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and my daughter wants to make a pumpkin pie. I am going to look and see if I can find some healthy recipes. I also want to try pumpkin pie oatmeal for breakfast. It sounds yummy.

B: 1/2 c. oatmeal with 1 packet stevia, 1 banana

S: a few slices of sweet potato

L: leftover costa vida type salad

S: grapefruit, maybe some carrots

D: haven't decided yet. I need to take a potluck dish to church tonight.

S: banana ice cream or oatmeal
mtns

Postby mtns » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:09 pm

I made pumpkin pie oatmeal this morning and it was so so good. I plan on making that one again. My cookies and muffins turned out good, a little too good. I had half a muffin today. It is not a bad for you muffin, but for me it can be too addictive and I tend to overeat.

I did good at the potlluck, although it makes me sick to see all the food that was there last night. All of it so unhealthy and tons of desserts. One lady that is in my class brought her own food and some grapes as her dish. I ended up having some rice that I brought along, I tried some fried rice and the spanish rice at the buffet line and I had some of my bean dip and then they actually had some plain spinach salad and some veggies so I had those. IT was a good meal.

E: 1 hr. boot camp class

1B: 1/4 c. oatmeal with 1 packet of stevia, a few raisins, cinnamon

2B: 1/2 c. pumpkin pie oatmeal

L: leftover bean dip over rice, big salad

S: grapefruit or apple

D: homemade fries, green smoothie

S: banana ice cream or oatmeal
mtns

Postby mtns » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:06 pm

Today was a really good day. Our church raised enough money to give a really nice camper trailer to a missionary family today. It was really special. We all went outside and suprised them with it. There last camper trailer was so tiny. This one was really nice and had room for their 4 kids with little bunk beds and then a seperate room for the couple. both the rooms had doors. It was really nice. I was so happy for them. It was like I was part of Extreme Makeover home addition. It was awesome to see God work.

I am glad to say the cookies and muffins are gone. I did snack on some muffins yesterday. They are too much of a temptation for me. They are still healthy, but I tend to overeat them. I have to ask God to help me to overcome those temptations, so that I can have those in the house for the kids without me eating them. It makes me worried about the Holidays. Last year, I gave into a lot of temptations and had a hard time getting back on track again after the holidays. I don't want that. I want to stay on track throughout the holidays so that I don't have to detox my body all over again. It is not worth it. It is like an alcoholic. Once I start eating that food I start craving it. And for me, I need to not have any of it. Some people can have things in there house and only eat one or two a day. I am not that way.

B: 1/2 c. pumpkin pie oatmeal
blueberry herbal tea ( yum)

L; split pea soup with cut up baked potato in it, large salad with homemade dressing, 1/2 waffle

S: green smoothie

D: leftovers of some sort or oatmel
mtns

Postby 711Gal » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:18 pm

I have never been that way. I absolutely have to keep it out of the house. I think way rather then "beat yourself up" for not having self control like that. When you are somewhere else the self control is important. But your home should be a "safe place" for you. Just my humble opinion.
Our bodies are our garden, our will it's gardeners. - William Shakespeare.
711Gal

Postby 711Gal » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:19 pm

*better that way*
Our bodies are our garden, our will it's gardeners. - William Shakespeare.
711Gal

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals